STAGIESTCOSINE
LevelWithMe

My intentions deem that i must regard your argument as wrong..

STAGIESTCOSINE

Pro

I've recently joined Debate.Org and would like voter rights (I believe the criteria for which is instigating 3 debates, right?).

My debating style is far from refined but I will be respectful and give your topic my full attention.

Round One will be your opportunity to present an argument of your choice (Pro or Con) but please no ridiculously specialist subjects, otherwise we risk the prospect of a very unfulfilling debate.

Regards

Stagiest
LevelWithMe

Con

As per the following source, I submit that your intentions deem that you must regard this argument as wrong.

http://www.debate.org...
STAGIESTCOSINE

Pro

Thank you LevelWithMe for accepting this challenge (I didn't quite expect this).

I will allow you to be either Pro or Con.

Could you please clarify whether you deem the statement "My intentions [StagiestCosine] deem that I must regard your argument as wrong" to be true or false so that I know from which angle to be begin the debate.

Basically, I'm slightly confused! Are you Pro or Con?

Warmest Regards
Stagiest.
LevelWithMe

Con

The debate is as follows.

Challenge:

My intentions deem that I(STAGIESTCOSINE) must regard your(acceptie) argument as wrong.

Pro - STAGIESTCOSINE
Con - Acceptie(myself)

Pretext of the debate:

Con will present and argument of their choice, for which they can be Pro or Con.
This argument may not be about a specialist subject(I assume this is to mean academia or professional knowledge).

Argument chosen and presented by Con to demonstrate that Pro's intentions do not necessarily deem that Pro must regard Con's argument as wrong:

STAGIESTCOSINE's intetions deem that they must regard LevelWithMe's argument as wrong.

Pro: LevelWithMe
Con: STAGIESTCOSINE
STAGIESTCOSINE

Pro

STAGIESTCOSINE forfeited this round.
LevelWithMe

Con

WHY. Why do new user make 5 round debate and just disappear? I don't understand. Speeding this up.
STAGIESTCOSINE

Pro

In taking the Pro position you are in agreement with the following statement"

"STAGIESTCOSINE's intentions deem that they must regard LevelWithMe's argument as wrong.

You are going to argue that my intentions will motivate me to regard your argument as wrong. However, you have no basis to agree with this statement.

1) You"re unaware of my full intentions. I mean, shouldn"t you clarify my intentions before agreeing with a statement referring to my intentions?

2) I"m a stranger to you. How are you going to clarify my intentions? By asking? Perhaps, I"m a pathological Liar. Perhaps, I was drunk when I created the debate title. Maybe, I lack introspection and unable to be aware of my intentions.

3) If you claim to be more aware of my intentions than I, then I would like some proof that you know my mind more than I do.
LevelWithMe

Con

I've waited the 3 day period. I will be leaving this without argument so that my opponent and I have the same amount of debate rounds. My opponent should leave his empty as well. He has his argument here, mine will be exclusively the 4th round, and 5th well be rebuttals and closing statements. The 9 day period should be enough time for my opponent to get their affairs in order(as indicated in the comments) or at least allow him to draft an argument to post later(as I have done for round 4).
STAGIESTCOSINE

Pro

STAGIESTCOSINE forfeited this round.
LevelWithMe

Con

Vote Pro. See comments.
Posted by LevelWithMe 3 years ago
LevelWithMe
Just make a post that I have conceded(see comments) the debate. Vote Pro. My last post will be confirming the technical concession(I suppose this will be conduct).
Posted by LevelWithMe 3 years ago
LevelWithMe
Balls. I thought that was the 3rd round. The second round being used for clarification instead of actual debate threw me off. Oh well. I'll FF for the technical difficulties. Shame we didn't just have every round for discussion.
Posted by STAGIESTCOSINE 3 years ago
STAGIESTCOSINE
If I understand the debate format correct, then I'm still waiting for a response to my questions? Personally, I think these should have been answered in round 4. I think the debate requires that I post next. However, I have nothing to respond to?

Now you will answer my round 4 questions in round 5. You should have answered them in round 4 because now I must respond or forfeit the round?

That means you'll get the opportunity to reply to my questions in round 5 while denying me the opportunity for response. Basically, you get the final word without the chance for discussion.
Posted by rja7 3 years ago
rja7
This could be the best debate ive ever seen
Posted by STAGIESTCOSINE 3 years ago
STAGIESTCOSINE
Sorry, unforeseen work commitments (including a very long flight) meant i was unable to post in time.

Unfortunately I can't give the remainder of the debate my undivided attention, however i will continue to reply.
Posted by STAGIESTCOSINE 3 years ago
STAGIESTCOSINE

Posted by STAGIESTCOSINE 3 years ago
STAGIESTCOSINE
I don't quite follow?
Posted by STAGIESTCOSINE 3 years ago
STAGIESTCOSINE
I don't quite follow?
Posted by Ore_Ele 3 years ago
Ore_Ele
Would it be trolling to take this debate and actually debate the given resolution?
Posted by STAGIESTCOSINE 3 years ago
STAGIESTCOSINE
That's correct Wocambs, I'm here to have fun! I don't mind losing debate - I'm secure enough not to take it to heart. Participation, learning, and fun are what's important for me.

Regards
Stagiest