TheGamer1998
danielawesome12

My life is the worst you can live

danielawesome12

TheGamer1998

Pro

I have the worst life history can say is in it
danielawesome12

Con

I accept your challenge.
TheGamer1998

Pro

First I would like to thank my opponent for accepting the debate, second, the only rules are, no cussing, no lies.

My argument will start off with, I have a much worse life than anyone can imagine, I feel no happiness in it, nor remember a time when I truly was happy.
danielawesome12

Con

First, I would like to mention that Pro's life could be worse. Here I have clear proof that He won a debate meaning his life could be even worse. This proves your title wrong
http://www.debate.org...

Second, I believe Harriet Tubman had the worst life of all time.
As a CHILD in Dorchester County, Maryland, Tubman was beaten by masters to whom she was hired out. Early in her life, she suffered a severe head wound when hit by a heavy metal weight. The injury caused disabling seizures, narcoleptic attacks, headaches, and powerful visionary and dream experiences, which occurred throughout her life. A devout Christian, Tubman ascribed the visions and vivid dreams to revelations from God.

Because Tubman's mother was assigned to "the big house" and had scarce time for her family, as a child Tubman took care of a younger brother and a baby, as was typical in large families. When she was five or six years old, Brodess hired her out as a nursemaid to a woman named "Miss Susan". Tubman was ordered to keep watch on the baby as it slept; when it woke and cried, Tubman was whipped. She later recounted a particular day when she was lashed five times before breakfast. She carried the scars for the rest of her life. She found ways to resist, running away for five days, wearing layers of clothing as protection against beatings, and fighting back.

As a child, Tubman also worked at the home of a planter named James Cook. She had to check the muskrat traps in nearby marshes, even after contracting measles. She became so ill that Cook sent her back to Brodess, where her mother nursed her back to health. Brodess then hired her out again. Tubman spoke later of her acute childhood homesickness, comparing herself to "the boy on the Swanee River", an allusion to Stephen Foster's song "Old Folks at Home". As she grew older and stronger, she was assigned to field and forest work, driving oxen, plowing, and hauling logs.
Head injury

One day, the adolescent Tubman was sent to a dry-goods store for supplies. There, she encountered a slave owned by another family, who had left the fields without permission. His overseer, furious, demanded that Tubman help restrain the young man. She refused, and as the slave ran away, the overseer threw a two-pound weight at him. He struck Tubman instead, which she said "broke my skull". She later explained her belief that her hair " which "had never been combed and ... stood out like a bushel basket" " might have saved her life. Bleeding and unconscious, Tubman was returned to her owner's house and laid on the seat of a loom, where she remained without medical care for two days. She was sent back into the fields, "with blood and sweat rolling down my face until I couldn't see." Her boss said she was "not worth a sixpence" and returned her to Brodess, who tried unsuccessfully to sell her.[ She began having seizures and would seemingly fall unconscious, although she claimed to be aware of her surroundings while appearing to be asleep. These episodes were alarming to her family, who were unable to wake her when she fell asleep suddenly and without warning. This condition remained with Tubman for the rest of her life; Larson suggests she may have suffered from temporal lobe epilepsy as a result of the injury.

The severe head wound occurred when Tubman was becoming deeply religious. As an illiterate child, she had been told Bible stories by her mother. The particular variety of her early Christian belief remains unclear, but Tubman acquired a passionate faith in God. She rejected the teachings of the New Testament that urged slaves to be obedient and found guidance in the Old Testament tales of deliverance. After her head injury, Tubman began having visions and potent dreams, which she considered signs from the divine. This religious perspective instructed her throughout her life

were you born into slavery?
TheGamer1998

Pro

Are you kidding me? I'm not old,baby carrots can no longer protect themselves from harm because they are shaved down from adult carrots and washed in the same chlorine found in your local pool, that white stuff you see on them, it's not fat, it's the chlorine they soak up, chlorine is not good for the human body. P.S. Anyone can change the info on Wikipedia so Wikipedia is not good for a back up source.
danielawesome12

Con

Ok your Carrot argument
http://www.100daysofrealfood.com...

I am by no means condoning the consumption of chlorine, but the amount of chlorine in the water they use is 4 parts per million (ppm), which, for some, is similar to what"s coming out of your tap. Again this is certainly not ideal, but I personally find that to be a lot less "dramatic" than carrots being soaked in straight up chlorine. They also said, The chlorine is used to keep the carrots, the processing water and the processing equipment in a sanitary condition in order to prevent the spread of food-born pathogens like e coli.

Onto your normal life
I also live in the south and have eaten carrots, does this mean I have the worst life of anyone in human history, obviously not.
I still believe the honor belongs to Harriet Tubman, and in no way have you refuted that.
Good luck in round 4.
TheGamer1998

Pro

I was born in the south, raised north the rest of my life with my annoying younger brother, I am called many names, I also have hit my head more times than anyone can really survive
danielawesome12

Con

So your saying you have the worst life of all time because you hit your head.

Harriet Tubman
Early in her life, she suffered a severe head wound when hit by a heavy metal weight. The injury caused disabling seizures, narcoleptic attacks, headaches, and powerful visionary and dream experiences, which occurred throughout her life.

One day, the adolescent Tubman was sent to a dry-goods store for supplies. There, she encountered a slave owned by another family, who had left the fields without permission. His overseer, furious, demanded that Tubman help restrain the young man. She refused, and as the slave ran away, the overseer threw a two-pound weight at him. He struck Tubman instead, which she said "broke my skull". She later explained her belief that her hair " which "had never been combed and ... stood out like a bushel basket" " might have saved her life. Bleeding and unconscious, Tubman was returned to her owner's house and laid on the seat of a loom
TheGamer1998

Pro

She at least can remember her happy memories, where as I cannot remember on time when I was happy. I had my head hit between two metal bars, been beat up, being abused by a friend, bullying encouraged towards me by my own brothers, explain how that works. brothers stand up for each other, yet mine don't
danielawesome12

Con

I think it's funny how you have completely changed your argument each round, being bullied isn't even close to a lifetime of slavery.

"I had my head hit between two metal bars, been beat up, being abused by a friend, bullying encouraged towards me by my own brothers, explain how that works. brothers stand up for each other, yet mine don't"

You've used no details for how these events occurred, therefore it is illogical to believe any of these events even happened.
I had my head hit between 2 metal bars (1.Tubman had it worse 2. How 3.Why 4.When 5.Where)
Been beat up (1.Most people have been beaten up before so this can't mean you've had the worst life of All-Time. 2. How 3. Why 4. When 5. Where)
Being abused by a friend (1. How, 2. Why, 3. When, 4. Where)
Brothers picked on you (1. so has anyone else with brothers, including me. 2.How 3. Why 4. When . Where)
In addition, I've already reminded you of a happy time, when you won a debate.
http://www.debate.org...
Posted by YvonneV 3 years ago
YvonneV
Sweetheart you have not even started life yet.... life is hard. You will create most of your problems. If you are smart and not just looking for attention and pity.... you will devote yourself to your education and relax and let what you cant control go and work your way around all those obstacles.
Posted by chimeraskeep 3 years ago
chimeraskeep
Gamer, I think you just need a therapist, not only to talk through your issues, but also to gain a grasp on reality, which entails the understanding that (1) there is no quantitative way in which to measure "the worst life," and (2) your view of the rest of the world is so minimal that you cannot fathom or empathize with pain beyond your own.
Posted by danielawesome12 3 years ago
danielawesome12
I may have dominated you in this debate gamer, but I will gladly give you 1 final shot at me.
http://www.debate.org...
Posted by danielawesome12 3 years ago
danielawesome12
Gamer, none of what you've supposedly been through matters if you don't use it in the debate. Instead you argued about eating Baby Carrots and failed to refute any of my argument. please leave all the fake ghost stories out, and if you want to be skinnier watch what you eat.
Posted by baylieboo22 3 years ago
baylieboo22
I read the wrong title T.T My life is still bad though because I have eaten baby carrots, "I was born in the south", will post more in next round - TheGamer1998

Wait.....what's wrong with being born in the south....?
Posted by TheGamer1998 3 years ago
TheGamer1998
You all have no idea what I've been through, I would rather starve and get raped than live the way I am now, at least I'd be skinnier there and end my life easier, for me, there is no god to help me out, I do know that ghosts and other such things are real, I hurt by one.
Posted by Smithereens 3 years ago
Smithereens
Pro, you have been blinded by the safety of living in a first world country. Go live in a developing country in completely poverty, on your own, with no home or food, in fear of being killed and/or raped, with absolutely no help whatsoever. The fact that you have a computer to type this debate indicates that you live a fabulously good life compared to billions of people even younger than you.
Posted by bbqxx 3 years ago
bbqxx
I'm new so i can't vote, so I just wanted to say, I literally spent like 5 minutes of my life too try to vote and put down some actual effort into a vote... System said I need to debate first XD anyways BOY DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT HAPPENS IN THE REAL WORLD? Con has completely utterly destroyed you in my eyes, and I can just about name 10 people off the top of my head with lives worse then you. Most of them include far things worse that I'd rather not post about because its their own business not mine. An easy one too imagine is someone from North Korea in a concentration camp. I for one am grateful I don't mope around like you do. I idolize Harriet Tubman (which by the way, the information on Wikipedia is 100%, not all the time obviously because people like to change it, but all of what the guy posted is just about 100% historically correct and I have had to write reports about her life) for the fact that she was a great person after all that.
Posted by TheGamer1998 3 years ago
TheGamer1998
I read the wrong title T.T My life is still bad though because I have eaten baby carrots, I was born in the south, will post more in next round
Posted by TheGamer1998 3 years ago
TheGamer1998
Gee, thanks for letting us know that :( Jerk
Vote Placed by justin.graves 3 years ago
justin.graves
TheGamer1998danielawesome12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I was actually expecting an OK sob-story. Instead, I got a whiny little... boy? Yeah, boy. In his profile photo he has a fuzzy worm on his lip. I really hope Pro was just trolling in this debate. Otherwise this was the worst whiner I have ever met. Has he never been to a third-world country or heard of those people's plight? Where children starve in the street and are raped on a regular basis. Oh, and I have been made fun of too. Pick yourself off of the floor and stop using this site to release your inner... you. Oh, and if you are depressed, do not commit suicide. I have attempted to before I was a follower of Christ, it is not a good road to travel.
Vote Placed by leojm 3 years ago
leojm
TheGamer1998danielawesome12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con does have a point, Con also used reliable sources. You can't do a debate twice with a different person. It doesn't work that way.