unleashyourmind
mauricio2

My mom is a turd

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

unleashyourmind

Pro

My mom is a turd because;

1) She blocks anything she thinks is "explicit"

2) She doesn't let me have the freedom to hang out with any girl or boy I want even with her supervision

3) she is so unreasonable to the point where she'll cut her nose off despite her face in the end of an argument just to prove a point.

4) She never takes me anywhere where its an inconvenience to her day, and she's not considerate enough to tell me a day ahead of time what she's doing that day so I can plan something out that does fit with her schedule

5) she takes away my belongings for the stupidest reason. For example. She wants a list of top 20 names of people I talk to all of the time so she can tell who I'm talking to at what time. And if I don't she's going to shut off my service completely

6)And she never pitches in around the house. She never cleans. Cooks. Does the laundry. Walks the dog. Feeds the dog. It's really unfair to my dad and I
mauricio2

Con

I understand why a mother would be so over protective and i understand your pain.and from what i understand your mom is pretty old.....dont forget i met her,i dont agree with alot of what you say she does because what she is doing is a little bit over board but i understand why she would do that.she's seen your past mistakes and know that you can tend to have alot a problems and she might not trust your friends......come on look at your best friend chloe,she has alot of problems,shs done drugs,and she tends to get into more trouble then you.in todays society its normal for a parent to be over protective.....you cant blame your mother for taking care of you,but i do agree there should be boundering to her ways......and when she i being stubern just tell her how you feel and if it gets worse then just be the bigger peson.....(by the way people who read this i just want you guys to know i know her mom in person....i just thought i shouldput tht out there)
unleashyourmind

Pro

Touching on the "best friend" subject you stated. Yes, she has a lot of problems but what she doesn't realize is that I do help her a lot. I get her out of trouble all of the time. If it wasn't for me she wouldn't be the person she is today. She'd be in a deeper darker ditch then she was in before.

She has not seen my past mistakes because I haven't made any because I have common sense unlike these teenagers on the news getting kidnapped and hurt. I highly assume that is what she's worried about especially when I'm alone.

And there is no "WIN OR LOSE" when it comes to arguing with my mother when she decides to be the up most stubborn thing you will ever encounter. Even if I make a bunch of good points to prove her wrong, she still won't agree with what I have to say.
mauricio2

Con

im going to start off by saying,in this world today you could never be too carefull with the rapes,drugs,and violence in our country you could also never be too carefull about who is around.like i siad i agree that your mom is just trying to be protective over her child.and on the subject of your friend chloe,you shouldnt have to clean up after a other persons mistakes,yes she has many problems but you have to faces the facts millions of people have problems and from what i understand you have been trying to help her for over a year with all her drama and she still continues with drugs and other and more problems at a very young age and from what i understand you and her having problems with her right?anyways hopping back to your mother issues,ill admit that there should be some limits on her stubborn ways but until there are some limits you still have to play under her rules.you are only 14,you should go back to that shrink your parents got you......you obvisely still need it
unleashyourmind

Pro

Okay you touched a nerve when you stated "You should go back to the shrink your parents got you..you obviously still needed"

They didn't "get me a shrink". My MOM (not my dad's decision) decided that my school issue needed to be dealt with in other hands because she pissed me off to the point where I wasn't listening to her rambling on and on about my " incomplete realization on how middle school can affect my future"
And on another point that shrink is to help HER more then me.

(I want the audience to understand that my mother suffers from chronic depression and a multitude of other brain malfunctions such as OCD and so on)

So to prove you absolutely wrong that the shrink was not for me but for her sanity, that shrink helps my mom realize that some of her actions upon me are absolutely unreasonable and pointless for the so called "crime" done.

MOVING ON to your other points, yes you can be too careful depending on the knowledge the potential victim has. Although you think that martial arts doesn't do anything for one persons fighting skills, I don't care what you think. What matters is that it works and my knowledge will help me in any rape situation. And my mom knows that. For one of my belt tests, they had a full grown man on top of me in 5 different (common) controlling positions. I got out of all five, and succeeded with out punching his lights out, braking any bones, or ripping his...Well... You know off. So rape is out of the question.

Now to touch on your drugs point. Drugs is a personal decision. If I do drugs that has nothing to do with my mothers choices. If I decided to shoot heroin, then that's me. Not her. And if she tries to prevent that, then fine. But she's not doing so by the actions she's taking.

Going BACK to my best friend. Yes. We're having current problems. But what two friends don't? And I'm not "cleaning up after her mistakes". When I met her she was a sweet innocent girl that was fun to be around and a self esteem issue. By helping her through her problems, as does she does with mine, I'm helping her realize that she is a better person then she really thinks she is. Millions of people DO have problems. Billions at that. But that's irrelevant to my relationship with my best friend.

I'm glad you agree my mom is too stubborn. But it's not her being over protective. It's her being her. She's convinced that taking things away from me will effect my grades and behavior in school ( which all in all aren't that bad. Especially my behavior. I never get in fights or skip class). So this proves my point that she IS a turd.
mauricio2

Con

alright first of all to the shrink subject,you completely missed the point.the shrink from what i remember you had a steady relationship between you and you mother.for example:the shrink helped you get back more privileges that your mother has took from you in the pass,also take a huge percent of arguing and making it to a ten percent,and last but not least helped your mom be less stubborn and more reasonable.and jumping to the part where you said ( my mother suffers from chronic depression and a multitude of other brain malfunctions such as OCD and so on) then im sure with that in your knowlegde you should be completely aware on why your mom may be stubborn or why she makes you do everything in the house you know?and going to the next thing you said with made burst in laughter,yes its just dandy that you know martial arts but with you mother being over protective im sure you wont have to need that martial arts crap but lets say you are in that situation.what if someone is holding up a gun to you how will you use your martial arts then? you shouldnt have to use that martial arts knowlegde,theres no need to under your parents protection .your mother takes privileges from you weather its becuase of grades or shes just trying to protect you,it does not change the fact that she just trying to be a mother.....but maybe shes just not doing a good job in doing so becuase remember you did say she suffers of certain brain problems.and the fact that she takes privileges from you becuase of your grades means that your not doing good enough.she most likely belives you can do better then a couple of Cs or Bs.in the end the fact shes tryin to be a mother shouldnt give you the right to call her a turd maybe she does a turd job at it but she not a turd.if shes so stubbhorn or if she suffers from certain brain problems then maybe just maybe you should try being the bigger person a couple times.i had fun having this argument and i hope we can both be matture about this argument and not have hard feelings lol
Posted by mauricio2 6 years ago
mauricio2
won* slow pc
Posted by mauricio2 6 years ago
mauricio2
will congratulations emily you in this first debate im glad i have lost.its a lesson on how bad my debating skills are but i shall contunie to study and follow my dream and remember this is only are first debate between you and i so dont celebrate too much lol
Posted by unleashyourmind 6 years ago
unleashyourmind
because he doesn't believe she is
Posted by mauricio2 6 years ago
mauricio2
she felt she had to debate about it for her first debate
Posted by IamZero 6 years ago
IamZero
Guys, why would you debate on one 14 year old's mom?
Posted by unleashyourmind 6 years ago
unleashyourmind
she's my mother and yes, her cons are a complete overload to her pros. i love her but she's just so overprotective.
Posted by Thaddeus 6 years ago
Thaddeus
It should very easy for him to win. Not you.
Posted by unleashyourmind 6 years ago
unleashyourmind
I told him that, but whatever
Posted by Thaddeus 6 years ago
Thaddeus
Semantically... this would be very easy to win.
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 5 years ago
1dustpelt
unleashyourmindmauricio2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: www.thefreedictionary.com - Turd: Short for turtles. None of the arguments Pro made proved that his mom is a turtle.
Vote Placed by brokenboy 6 years ago
brokenboy
unleashyourmindmauricio2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: turrd
Vote Placed by Adamant1 6 years ago
Adamant1
unleashyourmindmauricio2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: First off, I would like to give conduct points to Pro, because pulling the "I know he personally" card is cheating. Secondly I say that Pro had more convincing arguments, in fact, taking up this debate is a mistake based off of opening arguments. Being a turd is based upon actions and no justification can change that.
Vote Placed by Grape 6 years ago
Grape
unleashyourmindmauricio2Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Assuming a turd is just a bad person, Pro's mother is clearly behaving harmfully. Con's spelling and grammar was extremely bad.