sadolite
studentathletechristian8

My opponent can't answer this question before the next round

sadolite

Pro

Here is Congress's health care bill in it's entirety:

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov...

My challenge is that my opponent will not be able to answer a simple question I have about this bill before the 72 hour time limit expires. I will allow my opponent to look else where if they so desire.

The Question: If a "Public Option" is made available, can I continue to keep private health insurance if I am laid off, quit or get fired. In other words, If I lose my private health insurance that I am supposedly going to be able to keep, will I be able to buy private health insurance again or will I be forced into the Public Option permanently.
studentathletechristian8

Con

I thank my opponent for this debate and the readers for the opportunity.

I negate the resolution, "My opponent can't answer this question before the next round."

In other words, I must prove that I can answer the given question before next round, and I shall do just that.

My opponent quoted:

"My challenge is that my opponent will not be able to answer a simple question I have about this bill before the 72 hour time limit expires. I will allow my opponent to look else where if they so desire."
I shall answer the simple question in this round. I do posses the ability to look elsewhere as my opponent has granted.

Here is the question once again:

"The Question: If a "Public Option" is made available, can I continue to keep private health insurance if I am laid off, quit or get fired. In other words, If I lose my private health insurance that I am supposedly going to be able to keep, will I be able to buy private health insurance again or will I be forced into the Public Option permanently."

This is a post from my source:

=================================

It's not an option.

Congress: It didn't take long to run into an "uh-oh" moment when reading the House's "health care for all Americans" bill. Right there on Page 16 is a provision making individual private medical insurance illegal.

When we first saw the paragraph Tuesday, just after the 1,018-page document was released, we thought we surely must be misreading it. So we sought help from the House Ways and Means Committee.

It turns out we were right: The provision would indeed outlaw individual private coverage.Under the Orwellian header of "Protecting The Choice To Keep Current Coverage," the "Limitation On New Enrollment" section of the bill clearly states:

"Except as provided in this paragraph, the individual health insurance issuer offering such coverage does not enroll any individual in such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is on or after the first day" of the year the legislation becomes law.

So we can all keep our coverage, just as promised — with, of course, exceptions: Those who currently have private individual coverage won't be able to change it. Nor will those who leave a company to work for themselves be free to buy individual plans from private carriers.

From the beginning, opponents of the public option plan have warned that if the government gets into the business of offering subsidized health insurance coverage, the private insurance market will wither.

..... What wasn't known until now is that the bill itself will kill the market for private individual coverage by not letting any new policies be written after the public option becomes law.

..... The public option won't be an option for many, but rather a mandate for buying government care. A free people should be outraged at this advance of soft tyranny.

As I commented to dscott earlier today, "So Obama's definition of a 'level playing field' is one where his private competitors can't get any new customers."

The fact that little old IBD (no offense, guys, but I know your resources are relatively thin) had to find and investigate all of this on its own should be a cause for shame in every major newsroom in America. More than likely, it is not.

Yes, the House bill writers really tried to obfuscate their handiwork. It's very easy to breeze over "does not" without realizing that it really means "cannot." But IBD caught it, and hundreds of other supposed "real journalists" did not.

Here is all of what the Associated Press had to say about health care legislation at 2:37 this afternoon (saved here at host):

The overall House bill, which would cover around 94 percent of non-elderly residents, would create a government-run plan to compete with private insurers, require individuals to get insurance and large companies to provide it and tax the wealthiest Americans.

..... The Senate health panel's $615 billion measure would require individuals to get health insurance and employers to contribute to the cost. The bill calls for the government to provide financial assistance with premiums for individuals and families making up to four times the federal poverty level, or about $88,000 for a family of four, a broad cross-section of the middle class.

I guess the end of new individual private insurance wasn't that important.

Somebody at the AP, AFP, Reuters, other wires, the New York Times, the Washington Post, all major newspapers, the alphabet news channels (including Fox in this case), and so many other self-important establishment media outlets needs to explain to the public they supposedly serve why they didn't detect and investigate what IBD found.

They can't. Consumers of meaningful news, be advised. If you're not reading IBD's and WSJ's editorials, there's a high chance you're not truly informed. If you rely on the rest of the establishment media, there's a high chance you're misinformed.

Individual private health insurance is illegal under the bill.

Here is my source for this: http://www.ask.com...

==========================================

Simply put, the answer to your question is: No, you cannot continue to keep private health insurance if you are laid off, quit, or get fired. It appears that you will be unable to buy private health insurance again and most likely will be forced into the Public Option.

I have answered the question and heavily urge a Con vote. Thank you.
sadolite

Pro

And now to all of the people who have scorned me and called me stupid and every other name you can think off that attcks ones intelligence for saying that our govt is trying to socialize our health care system, I fricken told you so!!! And I have been saying it sence I joined this website. All you people who put trust in govt are complete fools and you all deserve to lose your freedom. Unfortunately you will take me down with you. Govt is the problem, get it through your thick skulls. I was right on this, I was right about the auto industry, and I was right about the banking industry. This country will be full blown socialist before Obama leaves office and capitalism will cease to exsist. Now go get in the bread line comrades. How anyone can not see that Obama is a communist is just sticking their head in the sand.

Vote con. He answered the question spot on. If you wont listen to me listen to him. Health care is going to be taken over by our govt, and if you think it is expensive now just wait till govt gets its hands on it. There wont be enough taxes in the world to pay for it.
studentathletechristian8

Con

I thank my opponent for his response and the readers for this opportunity.

My opponent himself told the readers to vote Con, and I agree. I was able to answer his question and I am led to believe that he accepted my answer. I heavily urge a Con vote.

My opponent quoted:

"Vote con."
I agree, and heavily urge a Con vote. Thank you.
Posted by sadolite 2 years ago
sadolite
"If you like your plan you can keep it" Meanwhile cancellations............................
Posted by sadolite 7 years ago
sadolite
I do not have a cell phone I have choosen health care over that worthless money pit.
Posted by sadolite 7 years ago
sadolite
Govt, Govt, Govt, Govt, It's is the solution to every single whine and complaint in the universe. God for bid one would accept personal responsibility and not want Govt,govt, govt involved in their personal day to day responsibilities. Freedom is only for people willing to accept personal responsibility for themselves when they know full well that they can. People who choose a cell phone over health care deserve govt tyranny and oppression.
Posted by sadolite 7 years ago
sadolite
"All" that means "everyone" must either buy insurance from the govt or from the govt regulated insurance exchange. "All" insurance companies must be part of the govt regulated and mandated insurance exchange. If I were to try to buy insurance or start a insurance company without going through these two sources, I would be committing a crime. It will be illegal to buy or sell insurance without being part of a govt regulated and mandated insurance companies be it private or public. What part of that don't you understand. Quite frankly I don't understand why the Dem's are even answering questions, they don't have to. They just create more questions than they answer. If this is what is best for the country and not some pay off to donors they would just ram it through with 50 votes. The only reason they want the opposition to be part of it is so they can blame them when it turns out to be a economy busting debockle. They don't need a single Republican on board to pass it. If it is so great and wonderful just pass it and shut up.
Posted by JBlake 7 years ago
JBlake
How does the bill make you a criminal? You get all worked up about this issue, but you have yet to provide a single shred of evidence...
Posted by sadolite 7 years ago
sadolite
This bill will make me a criminal where as I am not now. And that sir is a fact. If I don't want to participate in the exchange or buy govt health care, I will be a criminal and govt will come to my house throw me in jail and seize my assets and bank accounts if I don't conform to what this bill has in store for me. Tell me I am wrong. I will be one of those "Relevant people" Here we come Mr Orwell 1984.
Posted by sadolite 7 years ago
sadolite
Your trust in govt is foolish. You deserve to have your freedoms striped from you. Unfortunately I will to. How much history of govt waste and corruption do you need before you will see the light. There is no alternative to govt for you. It is the only thing you know and understand, why else would you support a 1100 page bill filled with endless rules and regulations. It is 1100 pages for a reason. It is so no one can understand it. Ask your self why almost every word of needs to be "interpreted" and that interpretation is debatable and neither side can come to agreement on anything it says. I hope it passes so it teaches you a lesson about govt. I will survive, I go on despite what tyranny forced down my throat. I hide from govt and thwart it where ever I can without going to prison. That is all anyone can do.
Posted by JBlake 7 years ago
JBlake
100% guaranteed...? Really...?

You might get your point accross better if you had some actual things to point to to say you oppose. For instance, you list earlier. Although most were not valid or blatantly false, you at least had something to oppose. Right now you just make your position look weak because you are wildly throwing around verifiably false generalized claims. If you want to strengthen your position, find specific things wrong that you are against.

Also, saying history supports you does not make it true. Find some examples to back up that claim, if you are going to make it at all.
Posted by sadolite 7 years ago
sadolite
This bill is only the beginning, They need to pass this bill in order to complete the total and complete take over. It will seem grate at first and as sure as the sun coming up in the morning it will deteriorate into the worst form of oppression you will ever see. That is 100% guaranteed. They will start small and expand and expand. So yes some of the things that people are saying now are not true but they will be in the future. That also is 100% guaranteed if this bill passes. Trusting the govt to do the right thing is like trusting a 3 time convicted child molester to take care of your kids for a year and not molest any of them.
Posted by sadolite 7 years ago
sadolite
Here's something to think about, What will your wonderful govt health insurance cover? Do you even have a clue what they will mandate as minimum coverage? Do you want what they are offering? All you have is a bill filled with rules and regulations. You don't even have a sample insurance policy to look at! Yet you would sign on to a document that does not even exsist. This is where they are going to get you. They are just going to make it up as they go. And you are going to give cart blanch to write anything. That is why you will never see a single detailed example of an insurance policy. All they have to do is pass the bill and you will be at their mercy there will be no more debate you will pay for what you don't want, it will be a one size fits all pile of crap that will cost trillions of dollars.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
sadolitestudentathletechristian8Tied
Reasons for voting decision: pro concedes.
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 5 years ago
Man-is-good
sadolitestudentathletechristian8Tied
Reasons for voting decision: .
Vote Placed by sadolite 6 years ago
sadolite
sadolitestudentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
sadolitestudentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by studentathletechristian8 7 years ago
studentathletechristian8
sadolitestudentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by Lifeisgood 7 years ago
Lifeisgood
sadolitestudentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by JBlake 7 years ago
JBlake
sadolitestudentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by MTGandP 7 years ago
MTGandP
sadolitestudentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 7 years ago
RoyLatham
sadolitestudentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by Rezzealaux 7 years ago
Rezzealaux
sadolitestudentathletechristian8Tied