Mak-zie
lannan13

My opponent is better than I am

Mak-zie

Mak-zie

Pro

I will be debating that my opponent (whoever that may be) is better than I am. My opponent is arguing that they are not indeed better than me, and maybe even that I am better. This is NOT a serious debate!!

"Better" can mean a numerous amount of things, such as debating, or even just at life.
We will both have the burden of proof here.

Better:
That which has greater excellence or is preferable or wiser: the better of two choices.
http://dictionary.reference.com...
My opponent and I will each be trying to prove that the other is superior. It doesn't matter who actually is, just who debates it better.

First round acceptance. It won't count towards the voting. Good luck and I look forward to this fun debate!
lannan13

Con

I accept, because I know my opponent is better then me.
Mak-zie

Pro

My opponent is better than I am.

My opponent has more friends than I do
My opponent has 246, I have only twenty-one. This proves that they are better, nicer, kinder, and have more social skills than I do. No one would have accepted his friends requests if he were not as awesome and amazing as he is. I could send out 246 friend requests, and still not have as many friends as him. They would not accept them, as I am not as astounding and superb. My opponent clearly beats me in the social catergory.

My opponent is better at debating
My opponent has completed 146 debates, while I have only done 15. This shows that my opponent is more experienced at debating, and therefore superior. He is so good at debating that he will win this debate. He is also in the 99th percentile, while I am only in the 97th. Clearly, a higher percentile is better. Additionally, my opponent has posted in the forums almost 4,000 times; while I haven't even posted one hundred. My opponent is better at voicing their opinions, which is also like debating-I think, I'm not very good at it.

My opponent has a higher self confidence than I do
My opponent accepted this debate about me being better than him, but I could have never have accepted a debate from a person as awesome as him, because he would beat me even though it is a debate about who is better, and he is better than me. I got very scared when he accepted this debate, that's how low my self-confidence is...And he really does not believe that he is better than me, while I completely agree that he is better than me.

My opponent is an all around amazing person
My opponent is amazing. He is so much better than me. On his page, he has one facebook like and I have none. He is on debate.org more often than I am. Debate.org is amazing, and this makes you more amazing the more you are on it. Even his profile picture is better: he is riding a unicorn! That is just awesome, and something I could never do. My opponent is so good he's practically famous.

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
lannan13

Con

Friends
My opponent states that I'm better than him because I have more friends. But that is no feet. Airmaxx1227 has over 1000 friends. Plus this site isn't facebook the last time I checked and this is a debating site (hence the name debate.org, see here for more details http://www.debate.org...), so how many friends you have on this site isn't a big issue. But as my opponent has stated in his later contention he states that he hasn't been active so that goes to show that my opponent has a life and I don't. This is obviously due to my addiction to debate.org and shows I have no life and my opponent does. So you can see here that my opponent has a life. http://www.debate.org...

My Opponent is better at debating
My opponent says that I'm the better debator between the two, but this is false beyond comprehension. You see my Elo rating is 1712 http://www.debate.org..., while my opponent's elo is almost 3,000! That's almost double of my Elo. Elo is the overal quaility of your debates and factors in who you face. So you can see here that My opponent is also a better debator than me.

Self Confidence
My opponent says I have higher self confidence than he does, but that is also false. Why you may ask? It's because I haven't had the guts to ask anyone out. http://www.debate.org... my point in my life usually someone has been in a relationship, but in my case I have not. And especially when I was turned down by a girl last year I have been a broken shell of myself since. And my Self Confidence is shot.

My opponent is better all around.
Facebook likes are nothing, you know why? It's because I liked my own facebook page. How low is that? My opponent is waiting like a good person to have someone like her debate.org page. She also says that my profile picture is better, but that's also false. Do you know how many times I've been PM'd by someone telling me that I'm gay because of my picture? 11, count them, 11 times. Unfortunately I don't have a source for this, because DDO won't let other people see my messages. Secondly my opponent's pic is Harry Potter! That's just the bee's knees.
Mak-zie

Pro

My opponent obviously doesn't know how good he is!

Friends
As my opponent said, this isn't Facebook. I agree. I was just pointing out that he has better social skills than me and is better situated with debate.org, because I find the friend thing confusing. And my opponent also says that he is on here more because I have a life and he doesn't. You see, when I am not on debate.org, I am sitting at home behind my couch covered in bubble wrap. I am deathly afraid of my surroundings that don't involve the internet. I am so busy being afraid of everything that I don't have time to be active. My opponent does more of a life. I have no life.

My opponent is better at debating
Obviously, Elo rankings are very. very misinformed. I think the Elo calculator is down, I don't know. Since it is, I will go by percentiles, which are correctly informed. His percentile is still higher than mine, because I am not good at debating and he is.

Self Confidence
My opponent says that his self confidence is NOW shot. You see, my confidence has always been shot. As you can see by my profile, it doesn't say whether I am single or not. However, the answer has always been single and it always will be. At least my opponent is confidence enough to put out there to possibly bring the ladies to him. I am too scared to do this.

My opponent is better all around
My opponent says it's low to like his own Facebook page. I disagree, because I would not have been smart enough to do this. If people saw that I had one Facebook like, they might see that I am more popular. My opponent's superior knowledge triples mine. Thank you, I will now like my own page.
Also, your profile picture is the bee's knees! All of these people who messaged you are just jealous of you. Everyone knows that you are the best member on debate.org, they would do anything to bring you down. Don't listen to the haters, they just want to be you.

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

Since he did not post any new arguments to rebut, I will end here.
Thanks for the debate, but remember...you are better than me! Please vote Pro, as my opponent is perfect.
lannan13

Con

Friends

My opponent goes on and states that he is at home and is covered in bubble rap, but you see what he's really doing is one of everyone's past times. That is poping bubble rap. You see that he has the guts to pop bubble rap then come onto this site and talk about me. Now that's skill! Secondly he states that he hasn't figured the friend thing out and that's because he hasn't been online enough and he has a life! You see right now I'm at the library on the computer on debate.org, shows you that I don't have a life while my opponent is having fun with bubble rap.

My opponent is better at debating

Here's info on elo http://www.debate.org... see Elo has been calculated by how hard your opponents are and how hard you try. So with my elo at 1715 and my opponent's at almost 3000 he is an obvious better debator than you.

Self Confidence

Now you see my opponent has no proof that she has been single out there, because it says not saying. Which in this case my opponent's point is invalid. All points extended.

My opponent is better all around

Now you see my opponent conseeds the first part so I think I'll extend that point. Secondly I know it's the bee's knees, but your's is better and you haven't been cyber bullied by other usars because of your pic.

So you can see here that my opponent is a better person, so with that please vote con.
Posted by lannan13 3 years ago
lannan13
I did? My bad.
Posted by effimero89 3 years ago
effimero89
oops sorry! Just a habit. I'm not sure who should win though lol
Posted by Mak-zie 3 years ago
Mak-zie
I'm confuddled on what point I conceded on"
Oh and haha I am a girl"I think you called me "he" a few times. No worries though.
Posted by effimero89 3 years ago
effimero89
Pro says "my opponent is better than I am"

If con proves this then that would make pro correct in his statement and therefore should win, right? But if Con proves that his opponent is better, then he is still correct in his statement, right?

But if con cannot prove that pro is better then he has failed his part in the debate, win means pro should win, but if pro "should win" then that goes against his original claim that his opponent his better, therefore Con should win...

Anyways nice to see something different on the website, good job to the both of you...
Posted by Mak-zie 3 years ago
Mak-zie
Or your future employer could see this and be so inspired by the creative.things you've done...
Posted by philochristos 3 years ago
philochristos
I'm pretty sure I could win this debate, but I'd have to admit to some pretty awful things, and I'm afraid a future employer with google me, find this debate, and not hire me because of it.
Vote Placed by LotusNG 3 years ago
LotusNG
Mak-zielannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: It was entertaining, but con fell flat in the end.
Vote Placed by Marauder 3 years ago
Marauder
Mak-zielannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This silly debate could have turned into a Elo Vs Percentile debate, wich I think I would have like reading, however little was done on either side to do anything other than assert which was better. Both did about equally well otherwise but I'm giving Arguments and Sources to Pro largely because of the 'Self Confidence' catagory and just a little bit because of the argument in the 'freinds' catagory. Once Pro finished with clarifying they dont actually have a life, there was nothing Con could seriously do to top that....or 'bottom' it actually.... and Con's arguments got progressively worst when talking his low self-confidence because of unnecessary contradictions. We could have taken his word he's never asked anyone out had he not in the same paragraph said he was rejected by a girl he asked out. Thats also why I gave sources to Pro because Pro's bubble wrap story while probably made up for the debate, did not contradict anything pro said, while Con's made up rejection story did