DrewMcD
lord_megatron

My opponent will contradict themselves

DrewMcD

Pro

My opponent will contradict themselves
RULES
-I will ask my opponent 5 questions each round(excluding this one, as its acceptance only)
-They must answer each question with either "yes" or "no" only
-Capitalization doesn't matter(yes,Yes,no,No)
My goal is to try to get Con to contradict themselves
Good luck to whoever accepts!
First round is acceptance
lord_megatron

Con

Can we give an explanation with yes or no? And can I just say neither?
DrewMcD

Pro

You can give an explanation, BUT you must answer yes or no. Neither is not an acceptable answer. "Yes" or "No" are the only acceptable answers.

1.Is your name on debate.org lord_megatron?

2.Have you participated in any previous debates?

3.Do you have any friend(s) on Debate.org?

4.Have you tied in any previous debates?

5.Have you said yes 4 times total this round?
lord_megatron

Con

ack you got me no way around this one. If I say Yes to the last one, then it would be incorrect, even with no it would be incorrect. Brilliant.
DrewMcD

Pro

Thank you lord_megatron;) My opponent has admitted he would have contradicted themselves if he answered the questions. I will continue this debate, and please sir list your "yes" or "no" answers to each question when it's your turn in this round. Good luck

6.There is one winning ticket in a large lottery. Is it reasonable to believe that a particular lottery ticket is not the winning ticket, since the probability that it is the winner is so very small?

7.If someone says "I always lie", are they lying?

8. If you have 5 and 9 together is there a mathematical symbol that you could put between them that would make 5 greater than 9?

9.Is it possible to give something we don't have?

10.Is the pope an atheist?
lord_megatron

Con

Wait do I need to answer 6-10 as well? 1-5 are four yeses and one undefined. I could also say yeah instead of yes but that is cheating. And I could have unfriend all my friends and say no.
6 Yes, lotteries are fake.
7 Yes, as they are lying that they always lie.
8 Yes, the greater to symbol!
9 No
10 No, Pope is also bishop
DrewMcD

Pro

Question 8 a decimal point was the answer that I was looking for(5.9). Question 9 you can give someone happiness/sadness/frustration/ect. even though you don't have it.
Question 10 the pope is an atheist. Atheist definition is a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods. There are other other gods than the Christian one, and the pope lacks belief in those. Therefore, the pope is an atheist to every other religion/God.
we will continue this last round. CHECK THE COMMENT SECTION AFTER CON HAS POSTED THIS ROUND. I will list any contradictions he may have.

11.Is the sky blue?

12.Is the grass green?

13.Is the sun yellow?

14.Is there a letter "e" in this sentence?

15.Is your answer here different than the other 4?
lord_megatron

Con

The Pope still believes in Christ, so he is not an atheist. This way all people confined to one religion are atheists.

11. Yes
12. Yes
13. Yes
14. No, there is not 'a' letter
15. Yes
Posted by JediRTerrorists15 1 year ago
JediRTerrorists15
What happens if Con used yes twice in an answer (i.e. Yes, I do have a friend and yes they are on this site")?
Posted by Dremylos 1 year ago
Dremylos
Lie and you won't contradict yourself. Easy.
Posted by Chaosism 1 year ago
Chaosism
Original Question:
"8. If you have 5 and 9 together is there a mathematical symbol that you could put between them that would make 5 greater than 9?"

@ lord_megatron

The second part of the statement, "...that would make 5 greater than 9?" is isolated, and so forms a trick question. There is nothing one can do to make 5 greater than 9, aside from redefining at least one of the numbers. Putting a decimal point between them changes the original statement but does not, in turn, make 5 greater than 9. Your suggestion, a greater than sign, would indicate such but it would not be true. Maybe if he said, "...that would make *the* 5 greater than *the* 9?", it would work.

I have someone who asks me trick questions every once in a while, so I'm usually on my toes for this stuff...
Posted by lord_megatron 1 year ago
lord_megatron
lord megatron doesn't have any conduct....
Posted by zmandebater 1 year ago
zmandebater
I thought this was going to be a silly debate at first. My thought was that con would be able to answer everything without contradicting themselves, I see I am now wrong. Both members had good conduct, neither saying bad about either one, and con even complimented pro at one point. As for spelling and grammar it was even for both, with neither opponent using many if any mistakes. Sources were not used, nor were they needed. But for a more convincing argument I would have to go with pro, naturally. In the very first set of questions pro proved their point. I would have to side with pro in this one. And this was a very fun debate. Also, the definition of atheist is the disbelief in any higher power. The pope believes in one, making him not an atheist.
Posted by lord_megatron 1 year ago
lord_megatron
chaosism, he asked for putting something BETWEEN 5 and 9. So the numbers must be placed like this-59 so a decimal point would go well.
Posted by Chaosism 1 year ago
Chaosism
*some context
Posted by Chaosism 1 year ago
Chaosism
From Round #4:
"Question 8 a decimal point was the answer that I was looking for(5.9)."

I would argue that 5 is still not greater than 9. The conclusion from the above would be that 5 is greater than 0.9; you have to specifically be referring to the value of the digits in come context to justify this one.

"Question 10 the pope is an atheist. Atheist definition is a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods. There are other other gods than the Christian one, and the pope lacks belief in those. Therefore, the pope is an atheist to every other religion/God."

That's not how atheism works. That is used as an example to demonstrate to a theist how atheism works. From the atheist, "I just believe in one less god than you do." Atheism is the disbelief in God or multiple gods, and the pope believes that God exists, and is therefore not an atheist. Atheism is not specific to any religion or god.
Posted by lord_megatron 1 year ago
lord_megatron
You cannot fool the leader of the Decepticons, Lord Megatron!
Posted by DrewMcD 1 year ago
DrewMcD
@kingkd yes! Lol I wanted to give it a try