My opponent will not win this debate.

my oponnent cant prove that he/she will win the debate, so its is to be assumed that he/she wont win.

I will win this debate unless sumone can prove otherwise.

i look forward to this debate, and wish whoever accepts good luck

I would like to take note of the obvious flaws in pro's round one; namely in regards to his statements on proof. He exhibits some rather fallacious reasoning. He seems to believe that since I cannot prove the resolution false, I lose the debate. But I could just reverse it and say since my opponent cannot prove the resolution true, I win the debate. The resolution is supposed to be paradoxical, which is why my opponent thinks he will win. The resolution is also however, impossible to satisfy; reasons being that it all depends on unknown events in the future. Judging by these facts, the burden of proof is a very relevant factor in this debate. In fact, I think it will be the deciding factor.

My opponents logic can be broken down into the following argument.

P.1 Con cannot prove that he will win the debate.

P.2 Therefore it is assumed that con won't win.

C: Therefore con won't win this debate.

This fails in a number of ways. Firstly, pro has already put the burden of proof on himself. He is the instigator of the debate and affirming the resolution. It obviously follows that the burden of proof is on him to prove the resolution true. There is absoluely no factor that sugests the BoP is on me. Pro has the burden in affirming the resolution. All I have to do is negate my opponents arguments and I will win the debate. Therefore, my opponents burden is to prove that I will not win the debate. There are two ways to accomplish this. The first is to prove that he will win the debate. The second would be to prove that the debate will end in a draw. Therefore, in order for pro to gain the argument points, his arguments must demonstrate the future voting results. As shown before, this is impossible. The future is unknown. My opponent cannot provide any evidence on what future events will take place in regards to the voting on this debate. Thus my opponent is in for a very tough debate. In order for him to win this debate, he must accomplish an impossibility. Thus, pro cannot win this debate.

I'd also like to mention to the voters that even if pro is at one time winning the debate after it is over, that does not mean he should get your vote. Voting is based upon arguments. Therefore my opponents arguments must show that he will win. Even if he is winning come the voting period, that does not in any way mean he has accomplished his burden. The only way he can accomplish his burden is by showing, in the couse of this debate, that he will win. That is what viewers should vote on.

As the BoP is on pro, I'll hand it over to him.

Mackydoo forfeited this round.

Mackydoo forfeited this round.

Very poor conduct to go die right in the middle of a debate mate.
Posted by InVinoVeritas 4 years ago
Pro, read about burden of proof.
Vote Placed by airmax1227 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Args to Con cuz he made some.. Conduct to Con for FF