gryephon
Wylted

My opponent will probably win this debate.

Wylted
Started: 3/23/2014 Category: Funny

gryephon

Pro

I argue that the person who challenges me will probably win.

If you wish you may develop your case in the first round. For I know this debate is hopeless for me.
Wylted

Con

I'm going to wait until the next round to post arguments. I wish my opponent good luck.
gryephon

Pro

I’m Gryephon! The shrewd debate god of total insanity! Fish tremble Laugh before me! BWHAhAHA! I promise you I will lose this debate, even if I have to shoot myself, then my opponent.

| Constructive |

My Rantings

I just can’t stop ranting on how much I’m going to lose this debate. Its inevitable. I know I simply can’t do it any further. I might have to shoot me, or the other guy. Its complete madness I tell you. I’ll be stuck ranting through this entire debate. On and on and on I will go. Without stopping. Because its hopeless I tell you. HOPELESS!

Idle Threats

If my opponent dares try to lose… Then mark my words, I WILL FORFEIT A ROUND! BWAHAHAHHA! You hear me…. I WILL FORFEIT!!

And I won’t attend your funeral, even though you send me wedding gifts.

The Paradox Problem

There is a problem if either him or me wins. Well think about it, for me to win this debate I would have to lose it. Because I’m saying he would win, so my case wins! But I lose. Vice versa if I win then I lose. It’s a Paradox! So you got a fallaciously logical problem here, because paradoxes can’t happen… Its not allowed in Logic. You don’t understand, if you vote in favor of one of us, this could undermine the very fabric of reality, perhaps shatter sanity itself, or geocentralize the earth! Which geocentry is still possible because there isn’t really any evidence to affirm that the universe does not have an edge, its assumed that its infinite. So theoretically if sanity falls, then people might start rewiring their assumptions of the universe.

So to resolve this Dr. Who problem and not collapse the universe, I do say there is a viable solution. Simply give us a tie! It might actually work, humanity is depending on you to ensure that neither of us wins.

Win & Lose = Paradox. Paradox = Not possible | [Solution=Tie, duh!]

Cuss Everyone!

Sorry folks, have trouble directly cussing… So just insert whatever abominable cuss word you wish in “Cuss”. I just simply don’t have the vile imagination to come up with these words. =(

Cuss you! Cuss ME! Cuss EVERYONE! Cuss the prejudice voters on DDO! Cuss their stupid votes! Cuss your neighbor’s cat. Cuss your neighbors gay turtle… Well actually the jury is still out if turtles can be gay because it’s difficult to discern if their fighting or loving, anyway trivial topic… cuss you’re your you’re house. CUSS EVERYTHING ELSE>!>!>!

Statistically it’s easier for him to win.

Well everyone knows that 99% of all statistic are made up on the spot. It’s TRUE!

Statistically speaking the starter of each debate has more chances of losing. And statistically speaking the person that speaks last is more likely to win. Why? Because when one person makes a case, it’s only convincing until the person who comes to examine it smashes it down. Then the person that got smashed down smashes the examiner through a rebuttal. And then on and on it goes till last one who smashes it down, and therefore the last smasher has it easier than the guy who isn’t last because he doesn’t have the final say.

In a debate, he who knows the most wins the most. And when you got two people that are really good at debate, the one who does the final smash-down is likely to win. The chances for my opponent to win is far easier than mine. Because he will be the last to respond. So there does exist a rational reason why chances of him to win is likely.

Mispsell words.

Its true. I hvae bad spelling. oS make sure U velt in favor of me opponent’s spell’n… an gramma.

My predictions usually are true

I predict I will lose this debate. It’s hopeless!

I’m using reverse psychology.

Seriously, I’m using it. But what I’m curious about is that would reverse psyco wacko trump straight psychology? Even though I told you its reverse psychology, would you vote for me? I know the TEMPTATION! It drives you MAD!

I have no idea why I started this debate.

No seriously I don’t. It’s stupid.

I’m telling a Lie!

Did you know the earth isn’t really a sphere? No seriously, what gives the illusion of a sphere is the atmosphere. If you actually removed the atmosphere it would look like a giant asteroid, bent here and there a little. You can know this because of different elevation around the earth. And there are areas that are flat that actually might make it more look like a penta-sphere. Spherical Pentagon.

So the flat earth society isn’t entirely inaccurate that the earth has edges… And modern science is wrong because it thinks it really is a sphere. And this is a complete lie, just felt like wasting your time so you wouldn’t vote for me. Oh the cleverness of my opponent’s opponent.

| Closing Statement |

For all these reasons... That I'm a liar, insane, misspellar, ranter, and threatner. I urge you to vote for my opponent. And I thank you all for wasting your time on this debate. As i'm a vampire sucking the life out of you'll, muahaha!

Wylted

Con

Voting parameters

Regardless of how clever my opponent thinks he is. There are certain rules that determine how people should vote. I won't list them here but they are listed in the site F.A.Q.. I urge the voters to vote according to those parameters.

http://www.debate.org...

My opponent has the B.O.P. to argue why I will win.

Argument 1

Nobody wins theses types of debates. They are a waste of time. Even if more people vote on this debate in my favor, I still lose because I wasted my time on something so infantile. I could be having sex with a beautiful woman right now or getting high, but I'm participating in this debate so I miss my opportunity to do so, therefore I lose.

Argument 2

I will cheat. My opponent has been on this site twice as long as me and has been 1/20 of active as me. I have a ton more friends then him. I will just have them wait until 5 minutes before voting closes and vote against me. My opponent can't influence as many people to vote against him.

Argument 3

I will demand that the debate be deleted. If at any point I start winning the debate I Will request that it is deleted. My opponent has violated the terms of service for DDO. My opponent has threatened to kill me. My opponent strongly insinuates he will murder me if I attempt to lose.

"And I won"t attend your funeral, even though you send me wedding gifts."

If he is going to threaten to kill me if I lose, than justification for removing the debate has been given.

http://www.debate.org...

Argument 4

75% of all available options involve me not winning.

Option 1- I lose 25%

Option 2- I tie 25%

Option 3- debate is removed 25%

Option 4- I win 25%

So there you have it 75% of available options go against me winning. So statistically speaking a good bet is on me losing.

argument 5

Less then 50% of all debates on this site have a winner. Some debates are ties others are removed. Statistically speaking I have less than 50% chance if winning this.

Rebuttals in next round.
gryephon

Pro

I do perceive my oponent is trying to lose!

Very well, I forfeit this round!

HA, BEAT THAT! Cause I know that those that forfeit have a better chance at losing.
Wylted

Con

A lot of my opponents arguments from the previous round were pure nonsense. I will just address the ones relevant to this debate,

The Paradox Problem

There is no real paradox problem. 2 different worlds exist. The world inside this debate and the world outside if this debate. So I can very well win this debate by giving more logical reasons why I won't win then what my opponent can for why I will win.

Statistics

I gave legitimate statistics for not random made up ones. My stats trumps my opponents stats.

My opponent's relevant premises have been refuted.
gryephon

Pro

OMG! My opponenet has superior reasoning! For did not he say that he would give more logical reasons why he would lose? His arguments are soooooo convincing. that I don't stand a chance! Its obvious & hopeless for me., he will probably win this debate.

Such style, such awe, such wow for con.

Wylted

Con

My opponent has conceded that my arguments are superior to his as well as conceded, that I have out performed him on every aspect if this debate. No more arguing is reall necessary on my part. Vote con.
gryephon

Pro

You see con is trying to confuse you. His tactic is so extremely brilliant that I almost didn't spot it right away. What he's trying to do is show you that I conceded the arguments, and argue that he out performed me (which is true because I was trying to do that so that my case is true! That my opponent will probably win) In fact his speech is so smooth that he even said "vote con" at the end of it (almost like he decieved himself as well). In a typical debate, this reasoning is valid, but this is an abnormal debate. My case is "that my opponent will probably win this debate", so I want him to out perform me as much as possible. Why? Because out performing someone means you are probably going to win the debate... right? Thought so.

"...I have out performed him on every aspect of this debate..." - Wylted

[Is like saying]

"My opponent will probably win this debate." - Debate Title

Haha!
Wylted

Con

I'm going to go against what I normally do here and discuss each aspect of voting. I will be quoting a lot of my opponents arguments from round 2. I think I won the argument portions of this debate by giving more logical reasoning for my position than my opponent has. However even if the voters disagree that I won the argument portion, they should at least give me points in every other category.

Spelling and Grammar

Here is my opponents own words:

"Its true. I hvae bad spelling. oS make sure U velt in favor of me opponent"s spell"n" an gramma."

That sentence right there is enough to give me S&G points. If you reread his arguments several other spelling errors will jump out at you as well.

Conduct

My opponent has threatened me and made several other conduct violations. Here are some of them.

Round 2

"If my opponent dares try to lose" Then mark my words, I WILL FORFEIT A ROUND! BWAHAHAHHA! You hear me". I WILL FORFEIT!!

And I won"t attend your funeral, even though you send me wedding gifts."

"I just can"t stop ranting on how much I"m going to lose this debate. Its inevitable. I know I simply can"t do it any further. I might have to shoot me, or the other guy. Its complete madness I tell you. I"ll be stuck ranting through this entire debate. On and on and on I will go. Without stopping. Because its hopeless I tell you. HOPELESS!"

I've actually used 2 sources in round 2. My opponent has used absolutely no sources.

Vote for me in every category please. Even if you don't give me argument points, I still think I deserve points in the remaining categories. I thank the voters for sticking with the debate this long and look forward to your feed back. I also thank my opponent for this interesting topic choice.
Posted by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
weird debate. Con was trying to get himself to win while pro was trying to lose...???
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
@MatCat:

Not necessarily. The 7 point voting system allows us to distinguish between having better arguments and actually winning the debate.
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
http://www.debate.org...

This is the original version of this debate :D
Posted by mattcat83 3 years ago
mattcat83
If someone wins this debate in the sense that one side of the debate is correct (and not mere voting, which is conventional), then a solution to the Liar's Paradox will be found. This is the paradox Pro is referring to as "The Paradox Problem." <http://plato.stanford.edu...;

Pro says, 'Con will win.' To disagree, Con says, 'It is not the case that Con will win.' How is it possible for Con to be correct? Suppose Con is correct, then it is not the case that Con will win. If by 'winning,' we mean 'is correct' then we can easily see that a contradiction ensues: it is not the case that Con is correct and (by our supposition) it is the case that Con is correct. If by 'winning,' we mean something boring like 'receives more votes,' then no contradiction ensues and there's no paradox, but this is just because Pro's contention wasn't stated in terms ensuring his victory. Instead, Pro should have stated the thesis 'This sentence is false.'
Posted by JacobAnderson 3 years ago
JacobAnderson
I have the feeling that you're trying to guarantee yourself a win. However, if the negative has stronger reasons why they would lose, you will lose.
Vote Placed by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
gryephonWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: LAWL. Really confusing debate to judge, but I'm going to try to do this in a logical manner anyhow. In his final round argument, Con made a very strong case as to why he should receive points for conduct, S&G, and sources. This gives him 4 points, meaning that no matter what he has won the debate (from my perspective, anyways). This means that, as far as the resolution is concerned, Pro has been shown to be correct, while Con has been shown to be wrong. Thus, Pro gets arguments. Fun read! Almost as good as MassiveDump vs. Mr.Van.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
gryephonWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: The conduct point seems to be obvious, due to Pro admitting that he's forfeiting a round, his insults and threats, and just general misbehaviour. Pro also admitted to having bad S&G, yet it wasn't particularly bad, in reality. The sources used weren't particularly impressive, and I don't feel they were enough for source points. Con made more convincing arguments as to why he probably won't win, yet Pro counted with the fact that these convincing arguments would help him win the debate, which affirms the resolution. However, Pro's arguments were actually more convincing, since he pointed out that Con's arguments were more convincing than anything else Pro wrote. So, because Pro's arguments were more convincing, he actually loses the debate!
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
gryephonWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Totally confusing debate, I'm not going to bother reading full. I'm awarding conduct to Con as this debate structure is favored for an easy win for Pro.
Vote Placed by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
gryephonWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had more convincing arguments, which means he won. Awkwardness enough, that means con wins the debate 0.0 . I am so lost as to how to judge this. Pro did a better job therefore negating his on resolution. Therefore arguments to con.
Vote Placed by Dakota-Hiltzman 3 years ago
Dakota-Hiltzman
gryephonWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con, why did you give voters for me to vote for you? This debate is fun, but I'd like it if there was more of a discussion between the role of the ballot and the debate itself.
Vote Placed by Benshapiro 3 years ago
Benshapiro
gryephonWyltedTied
Reasons for voting decision: Since con had more convincing arguments, this supports the resolution that "my opponent will probably win this debate." so points are awarded to pro. These debates are really cleverly stupid.