My pokemon team is better than yours

Started: 4/2/2014 Category: Funny

I bet I have a better pokemon team than anybody who accepts this debate.

I disagree with your statement. My Baton Pass team is undefeated, and for many of the earlier battles it was incomplete because I did not have access to a hidden ability Espeon. It is highly improbably that one more team will beat it(unless it is specifically designed to do so, and even then I'll probably out-predict you).

Just to clarify, I am referring to Gen VI.

My first two are a shiny lvl 100 Gyrados (with gyradosite of course). My second one is is a lvl 100 rotom lawn mower edition. can you beat that?

Well, considering the fact that by default, levels cap at 50 in battles, leveling is largely irrelevant. If I remember correctly, all of mine stand in the 50-70 range.

Air Balloon
Battle Armor
Toxic Spikes
Knock Off

My lead is Drapion. Its IVs are imperfect for the time being, as there were a number of valid pokemon that I was considering for the position, and I didn't want to have to breed every single one of them. It's EV spread is: 252 HP, 126 Def, and the remainder are in Sp. Defense. It holds Air Balloon to negate the common Earthquake. The purpose of this lead is to lay two layers of Toxic Spikes, then spam Whirlwind and Knock Off to interfere with my opponents items, and possibly even remove their Mega Stone. Protect is just a placeholder move right now, as I used to run Black Sludge instead of Air Balloon, and a good alternative has yet to present itself.

Focus Sash
Speed Boost
Swords Dance
Fire Punch
Baton Pass

It's an extremely steryotypical Sash/SpeedBoost/BatonPass Pokemon. It often preforms exactly as a Ninjask would, with a simple Protect, Swords Dance, Protect, Baton Pass sequence to pass x2.5 Speed and x2 attack to the next pokemon in the chain. Fire Punch is just there in case I need a fire move. It's IVs are currently imperfect, and its EVs are 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP. It wasn't going to endure any hits without the Focus Sash in the first place, so I didn't see any point in investing in defenses.

I'll follow Pro's lead and continue to post two more per round, however I encourage the voters to consider this debate as a whole instead of individual rounds, because my team focuses on strategic switches between all of the Baton Passing members, rather than sets of two.

srry about not having enough facts back there, my idiot brother was using my account behind my back, anyway,

Hydro Pump

Dragon Dance

Gyrados isn't the head of my team, but he's pretty bad *ss, espiecially when he mega evolves,

Fairy Aura

Misty Terrain

Nature Power

Horn Leech

Item: Leftovers

also not my lead

I never checkes Regice's ability,

Brick Break

Ice Beam

i forgot his last move, ill get back to it in next argument,

didn't check his ability either,

Fiery Dance

Sky Drop

Il tell you my lat two pokemon and Regice's lat move and Regice's and Volcarona's abilities next argument.

I'll list my full team this round so you have a chance to 'rebutt' it in the next round, just so that this has some semblance of an actual debate.

Drapion @ Air Balloon

Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 126 Def / 6 Spd
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Whirlwind
- Screech

Same as before, but I switched Protect for Screech to cripple/force switches.

Blaziken @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Fire Punch

Same as before.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Aqua Ring
- Scald
- Baton Pass

Vaporeon is a special wall, but with a few Iron Defense boosts from Mawile it can serve as a physical wall as well. Water absorb allows free switches on water type moves, and its special bulk allows free switches on almost any special move, even some super-effectives.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spd
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Double Team
- Baton Pass

Gliscor is a repectable physical wall that I use to bait ice type moves so I can switch to Vaporeon or Mawile. I use Double Team because I don't really need another Swords Dance user or more speed from Agility. I understand that many people feel that evasion boosting is a cheap strategy, but it's the best option for that moveslot(I have considered Substitute, but infinite stall isn't very useful with all the poison, steel, and flying types immune to my Toxic Spikes). Swords Dance STAB Earthquake is respectable, and it helps beat Taunt. It's Electric and Ground immunities allow for free switches.

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
Mega Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Iron Defense
- Baton Pass

My physical sweeper. It's speed is bad, but it can outspeed almost anything with a 3 stage boost from Blazekin. It also runs Sucker Punch just in case Blazekin fails. It has Iron Defense so that I can predict Protect or Detect and not waste PP from Play Rough. The only reason I pass this to another pokemon is if it gets burned, usually from a Prankster-booster Will o'Wisp. Its Dragon and Poison immunities allow for many free switches.

Espeon @ TwistedSpoon
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Baton Pass

My special sweeper. Stored Power reaches a base power of 120(with STAB and TwistedSpoon it reaches 216), assuming I pass this directly after Blazekin, but I generally use at least my Gliscor and Vaporeon as well. Dazzling Gleam stops Dark types from beating me. Calm Mind is a respectable boosting move as well. Its ability, Magic Bounce, reflects almost every non-damaging move back at the user, allowing for a number of free switches.

Your Gyrados is using Dragon Dance, which is generally a good move, but it boosts attack, and the only physical move you have is Dive, which I block every time with Protect. Also, it only has water type moves, so my Vaporeon will ouright wall it with Water Absorb.

I don't have any complete counters, but Vaporeon, Mega Mawile, and Gliscor could all easily deal with this.

Vaporeon can wall this, it can just tank the super-effective Thunderbolt.

Vaporeon or Gliscor could wall this, while firing off Scalds or spamming Double Team, respectively.

Regice's ability: Clear body, his last move: amnesia

Volcarona's ability, Flame Body

Aura Sphere

Also can mega evolve

Abilty: Mummy

Night Shade

Scary Face

If Volcarona does end up attacking first, a Fiery Dance should end that

The Focus sash might let it survive a one hit KO, but when you send it back out, any of my pokemon would be able to KO it

If Gyrados and Cofagrigous were my only pokemon left, Cofagrigous's ability, mummy, wouls switch water absorb for mummy, so if Cofagrigous gets knocked out the next turn, their is a slight chance I could beat you with Gyrados, as you wouldn't have the water absorb ability anymore(FYI I switched my hydro pump with Twister)

Gliscor: A Fiery DAnce or two with Volcarona should do it.

Mawile: I have learned that Steel type moves are super effective against Fairy type pokemon, so I will be trying to learn steel type moves as time goes on,

don't have a rebuttal for him yet, but ill get back at it next round

Best of luck to you

I've already listed my whole team, and no revisions have occurred since the last round, so I will proceed directly to 'rebuttals'.

Mewtwo has a high special attack stat, but I designed my Vaporeon just to deal with special threats. Since your Mewtwo doesn't know Psystrike, the only thing that seems like it may 2HKO Vaporeon is Thunderbolt. However, you would have to use Thunderbolt twice in a row. When Vaporeon is hit by an electric move, or blocks one with Protect, my next move is generally to Baton Pass to Gliscor, which is immune to electric. Then I rack up evasion boosts and secure the win.

In the event that one of my pokemon is afflicted by Mummy, I'll just defeat your Cofagrigus, then use Baton Pass to switch it out, nullifying Mummy and restoring my old ability.

Counter Rebuttals:
The point of my Drapion is to survive for two turns. That's all I need from it. I don't intend to use it at all after it is initially sent out. Also, Drapion's typing is Dark/Poison. The only weakness is Ground, which is nullified by the Air Ballon. I'm not saying that a super-effective move is a guaranteed KO, but Fiery Dance wouldn't defeat it. Drapion's pre-evolution is Bug/Poison, which may be where you got the impression that Fire would be super-effective.

The Focus Sash will let it survive a 1HKO, and that's all it needs to do. I almost never send out Blazekin more than once, and even if I do, it has 2.5x speed and double attack, so I will outspend you and I have a fair chance at a 1HKO with STAB Fire Punch.

Even if it loses its ability, I can nullify this just by using Baton Pass, which every member(sans Drapion, because it's a suicide lead) of my team has. Twister has a relatively low base power, and it is a special move. I doubt it would deal greater than 25% damage that is necessary to break my stall. Vaporeon get 6.25% of life healed from Leftovers, 6.25% healed from Aqua Ring, and that doubles when used with Protect, so you have to deal more than 25% damage to beat it(and that assumes you have enough PP). Also, even assuming that for some bizarre reason I don't switch it, your Gyrados won't be able to damage it enough. If you use Dive, I'll just Protect. If you use Twister or Surf you just won't deal enough damage because of Vaporeon's tremendous special bulk.

Gliscor is Ground/Flying, so it would resist Fiery Dance. That said, I would just switch for Vaporeon and destroy you with Scald.

Mawile is a Fairy/Steel, so it's not weak to Steel. Also, a super-effective hit does not guarantee a KO.

This is the last round. . .
By the time I switch this in, I will outspeed your entire team and sweep with Stored Power. In the event that you Mega-Evolve Gyrados I'll just switch to Dazzling Gleam or Baton Pass to Vaporeon or Mawile.

Vote Con!
Posted by EpicWizard1313 2 years ago
I know this comment does not mean all that much, but I love pokemon debates and I would like to comment.

I do think that Anon_Y_Mous has the better team because of momentum. If there is a pokemon that would be a bad matchup for him/her, he would baton pass out, tank the damage, and then proceed to use a boosting move while the opposition witches out, baton pass, repeat.

I am not choosing sides, I just think that Anon_Y_Mous has the better team.

Good luck to both of you!
Posted by yomama12 2 years ago
actual teams
Posted by Coloon 2 years ago
I'll accept. We including actual teams or dream teams?
Posted by yomama12 2 years ago
troll debate btw
Vote Placed by Walrus101 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Overall, Con owned Pros team. Con gets spelling because of pros random caps spam. Also, Pro didn't seem to realize that there weren't any rounds left for some reason.