MalumMeansAppleInLatin
Gordontrek

My trash needs to be taken out right now.

Gordontrek
Started: 11/25/2013 Category: Funny

MalumMeansAppleInLatin

Con

My mother, for the past week, has been saying I should take out my trash due to the papers sticking out and the Dr. Pepper bottle sitting next to it. I, however, do not believe it *needs* to be taken out, and that I should keep the bag around longer to store more trash in. Give me a reason to believe it needs to be taken out.

Round one is for acceptance.

<a href=http://s3.amazonaws.com...; width="492" height="493" />

Gordontrek

Pro

Interesting. I accept. I'm in need of a debate that doesn't take too much brain power.

Young man, listen to your mother. There is absolutely no excuse to ignore a command from your parents for a minute, much less an entire WEEK!! I was like you once- I thought my parents were just so horribly annoying. Then I realized that they are simply concerned for me and deserve my respect.
I know you said round one is for acceptance, so consider this to be simply an opening statement.
For what it's worth, I'll leave you with a quote from the good book before turning it over to Con.
Ephesians 6:2-3- "Honor your father and mother (which is the first commandment with a promise), so that it may be well with you, and that you may live long on the earth."
I don't know if Con is a Christian or an atheist, but nevertheless, that's good advice. I strongly suggest you take it.
MalumMeansAppleInLatin

Con

I am not considering my parents as annoying, in any way, in this argument. I just believe I should conserve as much space as possible and use the bag as long as I can. And I remain unphazed by your quote from Ehesians, as I am not a Christian. While it is considered morally correct to listen to my parents, I do have a right to act upon my own accord when it comes to when I take out my own trash. There is no reason to concern oneself over whether or not the trash should be taken out, as it is just a matter of personal choice. I have a different definition of full than my parents, and my definition of full is when I can't fit ANYTHING in that bag.

<a href=http://ts4.mm.bing.net...; />
Gordontrek

Pro

It seems this debate will revolve around the counsel of parents.
"While it is considered morally correct to listen to my parents, I do have a right to act upon my own accord when it comes to when I take out my own trash. There is no reason to concern oneself over whether or not the trash should be taken out, as it is just a matter of personal choice. I have a different definition of full than my parents, and my definition of full is when I can't fit ANYTHING in that bag."
So now we see that Con admits it is morally correct to listen to parents. What more can be said? By admitting this, everything else he said is moot- he virtually concedes that the will of his parents overrides that of his own, that any definition of "full" he may have is worth nothing, and that he does not have the right to "act upon [his] own accord" when given a command by his parents.
Con says there is "no reason to concern oneself over whether or not the trash should be taken out". Had you listened to your mother a week ago, there would be no need to concern yourself over this in the first place. Many times the directions your parents give you may not make sense, but nevertheless, you are inclined to obey them. Your parents are the reason you have a room to live in and a trash can to throw your Dr. Pepper cans into in the first place. Obeying your mother's direction to take out your trash is only showing her the decency and respect she deserves.
I might also point out that we do not "own" our rooms, or our trash cans for that matter. Your parents bought the house you live in and likely bought you that trash can and the trash bags that go in it. This realization may shock you, but nevertheless it is true. I realized this at a young age and was all the more better for it.
How does Con respond?
MalumMeansAppleInLatin

Con

You have convinced me.
Gordontrek

Pro

I understand. Thank you for the opportunity to do the debate.
Vote Placed by Gs325jcbd 3 years ago
Gs325jcbd
MalumMeansAppleInLatinGordontrekTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited at end.
Vote Placed by Sargon 3 years ago
Sargon
MalumMeansAppleInLatinGordontrekTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con concedes that he has an obligation to listen to his parents. Pro points out that, given this, the resolution is affirmed. Con agrees and concedes the debate. Arguments Pro.