ArtieTheAwesomeness
LDG

NASCAR or Football

Started: 11/4/2015 Category: Sports

ArtieTheAwesomeness

Pro

NASCAR, the little annoying little sister to football. Everyone nowadays seems to scowl at the mention of NASCAR. "It's to boring!" They complain. But, I will now list the reasons why NASCAR is better than football. NASCAR is Eco freindly. NASCAR uses a fuel known as E-15 which is a modified blend of ethanol. The amount of pollution from these cars are very small. While on the other hand, football cares nothing about electricity and consumption. For example, AT&T stadium in Dallas Texas uses more electricity in 2 hours than Liberia in a day. Secondly, NASCAR has better fans. If you look at nascars fans, you will see if there is a rain delay, they will almost all stay and watch their favorite drivers race. While in football, if there is a problem with the other team in any way, their fans will typically go crazy. This is not the best of ways to make other persons think that your team is a good one. I mean who would want to be around a bunch of hooligans throwing up and not being pleasurable. And lastly, NASCAR it exciting all the way through the race. There are pit stops which change the way cars handle and can make for some amazing racing. Also the main reason why people watch NASCAR is for the wrecks and drama. A great example as in martainsville last week. In Kansas 2 weeks ago with 5 laps remaining in the race, Joey logono spun out race leader Matt kenseth taking his championship hopes for the season into the dirt.But at martainsville last week. Matt got redemption on Joey and wrecked him intentionally. Matt is now suspended for 2 races. While on he other hand. Football is just having possession of a football and try to get to the other side. There might be some exciting long plays cross field which are very exciting none the least. But I just think that something should be added to give it the kick that it needs. In conclusion, NASCAR and football are great sports but football just needs something else to get it up on the level of awesomeness as NASCAR. And NASCAR should get some more fans than it has. It is too good of a sport to be scowled at. Thanks for your time!
LDG

Con

I respect your opinion. But i find football to be the better sport. First of all, its a very athletically demanding sport, NASCAR just requires you to be able to drive well. I also find Football to be more fun to watch due to the fact that its high-impact. Players ram into each other at high speeds over a pig-skin ball. Call me barbaric if you will, but I do not see any enjoyment in watching 30 or so cars with brand-name logos slapped on them drive in a giant oval for 3 hours.
ArtieTheAwesomeness

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for responding and respecting my opinion, and you may be right about players in football having to be more athletic. That's one of the main things you think about when you think of football. But think of all of the injuries. The average injury rate of 1 football game is about 3 per game. While in NASCAR even thought you reach speeds of 200 miles per hour, you rarely ever get injuries. If you exclude a couple of hard crashes. You barely even see any. NASCAR is a much safer sport even though it seems much more dangerous. And I respect your opinion about which sports you like better. We all have different opinions, but I'm just listing the reasons why NASCAR is more exciting than football.
LDG

Con

Thank you. But at the same time. Football players getting injured more is moot because injury is a risk in every sport. The old saying goes "You cant make an omelet without breaking a few eggs"
ArtieTheAwesomeness

Pro

Almost every sport in the world has had injuries. So you are right about that. But if you put your feet in their shoes, you would probably like to be in the sport with less injuries. I would estimate that about 99% of the population would like to not get hurt. (Unless they are crazy) but yes again. This is all opinion. And it's not that I don't like football it's just that I think NASCAR should have more fans than football. Thank you for your time and for the best of your luck. Thank you readers and commenters and I hope the voters will make the right decision on this topic without bias. Thank you!
LDG

Con

Thank you as well.
Posted by HELLO.MATE 1 year ago
HELLO.MATE
Just Saying Whatever you people say it's your opinion, not everybody agrees