ConservativesForTheWin
alric8

NHS being Privatised

ConservativesForTheWin

Pro

The Conservatives have just got back into power with an absolute majority.
I feel and so do they that there is a need for partial privatisation of the health service to remain in the position where we can offer vital services.
alric8

Con

Please call me LibDemsForTheWin during this debate. I would call you ToriesAreRubbish, but some of my family voted Tory (the only one of the five major parties in the whole of the UK we did not vote for was UKIP).

A1: Privatisation leads to greed. In the end private companies want money and a good reputation to earn them that, but they don't need a good reputation so they will not care about customer service and other things similar.

A2: If something goes wrong, it is very difficult to find out who to blame and who needs to improve.

A3: If privatised, jobs will become unsafe quickly (not that the Tories care). If you work in a state school, your job is a lot more safe than in a private school.

A4: To be fair, the UK arguably has the best health service in the world, but it is no laughing matter and private companies will not take it as seriously.
ConservativesForTheWin

Pro

Yes there are bound to be problems with privatising the NHS but there are problems with the NHS as it is.
The NHS was not designed to care for a 21st century Britain where they have to cater for people living, people getting fatter and fatter or people with terminal illnesses that need long term care.
The NHS was designed to ensure basic care was available to all and now they are providing costly and lengthy treatments to people with complicated problems like cancer, don't get me wrong it is not a bad thing we help those who have these problems who without the NHS might not get treated but we need to find new ways to help fund these expensive services.
alric8

Con

Thanks for helping me!
The NHS can be improved by making it more aimed to the people, privatisation is really going to lead to greed. There is no more I can say.
ConservativesForTheWin

Pro

First of all I haven't helped you at all. I have not pointed out that privatisation of the NHS will lead to greed; I have pointed out it will ensure the continuity of the vital health care services our country needs as it can not carry on the way it is with the population living longer, getting fatter and needing more complex treatments.
alric8

Con

If we Privatise the NHS, greedy people will want money. No money is earned operating the NHS unless austerity is literally quadrupled, and well, that's way too bigger burden. By having the NHS state-owned then no private company needs to be persuaded to loose money, and no one would be. The NHS would be committed, instead of having the option, to providing a top quality health service. There will be teething problems and... well... um... in a health service, you just can't let that happen.