LikeASeure
BEASTxKNIGHTx12

Napoleon Bonaparte's Rule Was More Detrimental Than Beneficial to Europe

LikeASeure

Pro

I will be arguing that Napoleon Bonaparte's rule did a lot more harm than good to not only France but the entirety of Europe.

Round 1 will be for acceptance and for any clarifications if needed. The next round will be headed with the requested clarifications (if any) and then followed by arguments. The remaining rounds will consist of rebuttal and additional arguments. The final round is reserved for any remaining rebuttals and closing statements.
BEASTxKNIGHTx12

Con

I accept this challenge and I'll let my opponent go first! And good luck lets all be fare. How does that sound.
LikeASeure

Pro

Napoleon had a huge impact on Europe throughout his rule socially, economically, and politically.

Throughout his rule he consistently betrayed the democratic ideals that came from the revolution. These ideals were Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity but through his desire for power he went against these beliefs. As his power grew he used more people for personal benefit and this led to a huge loss in lives.

Napoleon inherited the country with over 75 million francs of debt over his head, and while he improved the taxation systems he threw his country into the Napoleonic wars after which France was driven 1.2 billion francs in debt. This affected not only France but other countries as well. I will be focusing mainly on Britain seeing as they were the main opposition. After the war Britain was 679 million pounds in debt which was double their GDP at the time.

Napoleon's impact was one of the most negative only to be followed up by Hitler. During his reign millions of people died. In the Napoleonic wars alone 3.5 million people were killed and over 6 million people died total under his rule. This is easily comparable to the numbers of Jews Hitler killed under his dictatorship.

I think it is pretty obvious that, while he did have some positive influence, Napoleon brought a lot of harm to all European nations.
BEASTxKNIGHTx12

Con

BEASTxKNIGHTx12 forfeited this round.
LikeASeure

Pro

I stand by my arguments.
BEASTxKNIGHTx12

Con

BEASTxKNIGHTx12 forfeited this round.
LikeASeure

Pro

My opponent has forfieted again. I stick to my arguments.
BEASTxKNIGHTx12

Con

BEASTxKNIGHTx12 forfeited this round.
LikeASeure

Pro

Looks as if this is going to be a full forfeit, vote Pro.
BEASTxKNIGHTx12

Con

Sorry for being away for so long it's just exams and being grounded are two different things, but Napoleon was a great man who one of the biggest empires. If it wasn't for him breaking rules then how would he get an empire. He wouldn't to be a major power you must twist the rules so they can work for. That is what Napoleon did and I stand by my statement.