Dishoungh
Mikal

Naruto: The Rasengan is clearly better than the Chidori

Mikal
Started: 3/11/2014 Category: TV

Dishoungh

Pro

The Rasengan is better because of it's power. Yeah, the Chidori can cut through people, but look at the Rasengan. It pushes you into the air and no one can survive it except if you have regeneration. If Naruto hit Sasuke with his Rasengan, it's over.
Mikal

Con

I accept
Dishoungh

Pro

Dude, like literally. Every fan should know that the Rasengan is clearly better.
1. It can completely blast you away. LITERALLY!
2. Naruto can expand his Rasengan into a Massive Rasengan and completely obliterate. Which is my main point.
3. Sasuke cannot expand his Chidori. He can make it stretch out, but that doesn't change the fact that the Rasengan can still expand and obliterate stuff.

Seriously though, just think of it this way, BIG MASSIVE RASENGAN or Chidori. Which one is going win? That's like having an 18 wheeler going against a Fiat in a demolishion derby.
Mikal

Con

The first Thing I want to notate is what we are debating. It is the Rasengan vs the Chidori.

The resolution is

"The rasengan is clearly better than the chidori"

This is not saying that it is just better, but a lot better. The first thing I want to clarify is what I have to do to win. All I have to do is show that it Chidori is just as good as the Rasengan or that the Rasengan is just slightly better than the Chidori. If I do either of these per the resolution I win the debate.

Errors in my adversaries arguments

He keeps comparing naruto and sasuke. The power of a spell is determined by the person using it. Comparing two different people with two different levels of power is not enough to determine which spell is more beneficial. That is like saying if Kakashi used the chidori vs Naruto when he first started training, we can logically conclude the Chidori is a better spell. Again this is a fallacy.

We do not need to compare sasuke and nartuo but the actual abilities in question.

Rasengan

A spiral of energy that explodes through an enemy. It enters with a small gaping hole and exits with a massive blast.

Downsides.

Requires a lot of energy to use
Harder to control
Requires Tremendous Focus

Chidori

A lighting Jitsui that engulfs the casters hand. The high amount of chakra produces a sound like birds chirping which is where its name is derived. This is a speed attack and is an assassination move because of the speed at which is required to use it. It is often a single thrust that goes through the enemy and is fatal. It is a swift and deadly technique.

upsides

Less focus required
Easier to move around when using (Versatility)
Speed and concentration is higher than the rasengan.
It can be applied to weapons and the energy can be sent into swords and other objects

Conclussion

The Chidori is probably better than the rasengan because of the aforementioned reasons. If it is not better, it is just as good.

Dishoungh

Pro

Just because Sasuke is faster doesn't mean the Justu itself is powerful. the jutsu is powerful, but the con to being faster is he can only go in a straight line if he moves really fast.

I don't want to say it again, Naruto can expand his Rasengan. Also, Naruto has the RasenShuriken which is even more powerful. Don't say that's not a Rasengan. IT IS! It's a Rasengan in a wind enhanced shuriken form. Sasuke doesn't have any advanced form of the Chidori except Black Chidori, but that's nothing compared. Seriously, if Naruto hits Sasuke with that indirectly or directly, he can still die instantly or he can still get hurt badly depending where he hit him. Also he can throw it too. Can Sasuke throw his Chidori, I'm afraid not.

I will give Sasuke this, he uses his Chidori sometimes for Tactical purposes like his Chidori Semdon. But, I think Naruto can do more with his Rasengan especially when he has a lot of variations of the Rasengan.
Mikal

Con

Pro dropped every one of my contentions and failed to address anything I brought up

He is still trying to argue sasuke vs naruto, not the Rasengan vs the Chidori.

This is over now sadly because he did not defend the resolution. It was a fun topic and thanks to pro for posting this.
Posted by CrazyCowMan 2 years ago
CrazyCowMan
Rasengan is WAY better than chidori.
Vote Placed by bluesteel 2 years ago
bluesteel
DishounghMikalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con showed that chidori is better, particularly when used more expertly by someone like Kakashi. Con also shows that chidori is more versatile, by being used in weapons. Even if this were Naruto vs. Sasuke only, Con points out that rasengan is hard to control and chidori is faster. In the series, Naruto does have a harder time than Sasuke actually hitting with rasengan. He has to generally use trickery rather than speed. Con points out that chidori is faster, as it is a lightning attack. Therefore, Con takes the debate.
Vote Placed by Defro 2 years ago
Defro
DishounghMikalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con effectively refuted Pro's arguments. Since Pro essentially ignored Con's points, he loss points in conduct.
Vote Placed by Actionsspeak 2 years ago
Actionsspeak
DishounghMikalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to defend the debate topic