Unruly_Hybrid
Mikal

Naruto Universe vs. One Piece Universe 2013 "NEW"

Mikal

Unruly_Hybrid

Pro

It's 2013. Naruto and One Piece is now much more advanced. I want to open my argument with Naruto vs One Piece. 4 rounds. The setting is the entire character expect for the ones that is deceased/dead. World vs World.

My beliefs of Naruto winning against One Piece is because now that naruto is more advanced with many more people and new justus that had been discovered. One Piece seems more random everytime I read the manga. I recently seen a picture of Nightmare Luffy so no need to bring up a picture of him in his haki form. Naruto is more serious than One Piece. One Piece may train. But Naruto battles characters that are far more superior to One Piece.
Mikal

Con

I will take up defense of one piece in this debate.

I will totally take this debate and look forward to having a good discussion. While naruto is good, I don't think it can hold a candle to one piece. The reason being is that one piece appeals to all types of audiences. It can be serious at times, and also have some great comic relief.

Here are just some basic contentions.

Contention 1

One piece has much better character development and qualities.

Lets take a look at one of the characters from Naruto.

This is Sasuke.

This typical emo bad @ss is often shown in every type of anime you can imagine. You can probably select any random anime and have this type of character in it. His parents were killed by his brother and he's out for vengeance. Yadyadayada , its the same old song and dance with this pale looking emo popstar.

Now lets look at Sanji

This is such unique character development it speaks for itself. His fuzzy eyebrows to his hardons for women, he is the flamboyant chef of the straw hat pirates who has a hankering for big boobs. Halfway through the show he gets stuck on a transvestite island, and has to learn kungfu from them. You can't make this kind of crap up. Also called "Black Leg" sanji, he is adept at kicking people to a crisp, and refuses to use his hands because they are only used for his masterful cooking skills and for touching women.

Let me give you a breakdown of his weakness

First he meets a girl

Then he sees or touches their boobs on accident.

Then he explodes with joy

You can't beat character development like this. It's comical while maintaining the seriousness of the character itself.

Contention 2

Insane sense of comic relief while maintaining an amazing story line.

The story itself is absolutely orgasmic. You could quite possibly please yourself while going through all the episodes this has to offer. It is always introducing new characters and new unique plot twists. It is also about effin pirates, that just speaks for itself. Naruto is your typical ima ninja badazz, type of show. While one piece is about pirates who get powers from eating devils fruits.

All throughout this show it maintains the integrity of the amazing story line it offers while balancing the great comic relief it offers as well.

Basic Story line

Gold D Roger made it to the new world and found the treasure of all treasures. He was named the king of pirates. He was finally captured and taken to logtown where he was executed publicly. Someone in the crowd at the exectuion asks him what did you do with the treasure the "one piece". He laughs and says " If you want it go and find it, I left it in that place", or something similar to that. At that moment they stab him but it was to late. His words echoed across the world and launched a new age of pirates. Everyone was seeking that treasure.

During the actual story itself, the main character is luffy the rubberman. He was a kid who ate the gomu gomu fruit, or rubber fruit. He can expand his body and uses this to learn and develop new skills. He is seeking to become the next king of the pirates. He is a hungry, heart on his sleeve kind of guy. He speaks what he is thinking and acts without thought. He is scared of nothing.

The story itself also offers unique comedy. An example would be of a later crew mate they pick up. Whom is brook the dead music loving skeleton, who always wants to sniff women's panties. You can view some of the funny moments in the youtube video that I linked.

Contention 3

The amount of episodes

This is my favorite part. Most animes offer a great story, but then they end and your like d@mnit. One piece is constantly going and offers more episodes than almost if not every anime out. It has been going for 7 years and still is not boring. They always find a way to add new characters, and new members to the anime to keep it interesting or upbeat all while never deterring from the main story.

It starts out with them seeking the new world, where the treasure is buried and goes into them fighting the pirate lords of the new world when they get there. All the while all the pirates are fighting the government who wants to put an end to the age of pirates. At one point a war even ensues and is beyond epic.

Now I will offer some Rebuttals

Rebuttal 1

"My beliefs of Naruto winning against One Piece is because now that naruto is more advanced with many more people and new justus that had been discovered"

I defiantly would argue there is not more people in naruto. One piece has been around for 7 years and introduces new people every episode. While they may not be apart of the straw hat crew, there are some they fight against and some they work with to help develop the story.

Actually one piece has introduced over 1,000 individual characters that are actually relevant to the story. Most forums complain there are to many, so to say Naruto has more is just wrong.

The awesome part about having so many people, is that each person has their own unique character design. that is what makes this show so good.

Rebuttal 2

"Naruto is more serious than One Piece."

This statement could be considered true but it is not complete. Naruto maintains a constant sense of seriousness most of the time. One piece can be serious and funny, which appeals to both type of fan bases.

In Closing

His resolution has not been met. I would agree Naruto is good, but I sincerely believe that one piece has it beat. Its the BOP of Pro to prove me otherwise.

Unruly_Hybrid

Pro

It may be true that One Piece is upbeat and funny. But Naruto involves seriousness and funniest. When Sakura had smacked Naruto into oblivion. I've never seen another manga ever do that. Or the fact that Naruto and the other kid (forgive me) they had transform into females and made both of their teachers gawk with awe. Or they say, Horny. Hmmmmm...... Did One Piece ever do that???? Maybe even when Naruto had failed to attempt to try Kakashi's very famous perverted move. Thousand years of Pain. Where he uses his hand and come in contact with one's anus and send them flying with pain and the feeling of being violated. I think not!

http://youtu.be...

There isn't many stores when there is a typical kid whose family or clan got slaughtered by one person. Those stories involves tons of people creating the outrageous slaughters. But in the manga or episodes it took only one person.... That person is Itachi Uchiha.

How many mangas have you seen where one person slaughters thousands of people, including Mardara in the later episodes.

http://youtu.be...

Besides there's been character that is like Sanji. Including Brock from Pok"mon classic show. Every time a gorgeous female is in his presence he fawns all over them like Sanji. Also Cilian who is a cook from Pok"mon also. Naruto and Luffy is kind of the same.

My reason is they both are always "pumped" for a fight or food. One of their seven deadly sins, Gluttony. They both have that fire that allows them to continue to fight. But Naruto who had fought a battle that he had no charka left to use, so he fought with his hand which had punched a character name Tobi or Obito. Sorry I could not provide a picture. Luffy he doesn't feel as much pain unless he gets blown up like in the episode Luffy vs. Foxy. Or repeatedly punched hard.

http://youtu.be...

So which character has more will of fire.... Naruto.

http://youtu.be...

Many character from One Piece is somewhat related to Naruto you see. Like Crocodile he is related to Gaara the sand user he controls sand. Then you have Sanji's leg. Which is like Might Guy and Rock lee. Then you Tony Tony Chopper who can speak and uses these pills to transform. Like Kiba's dog but he can't talk but he can transform into Kiba or a gigantic beast like chopper can. The list goes on that One Piece is somewhat related to Naruto.

In your pervious argument you said "Actually one piece has introduced over 1,000 individual characters that are actually relevant to the story. Most forums complain there are to many, so to say Naruto has more is just wrong."

But actually Naruto has met more people or fought them, in One Piece they usually work together or fight together then next thing you know you don't remember them anymore.

Naruto has more twist then a professional knot. For example Naruto's dad is alive along with the other Hokages. Have you seen that in One Piece. Nope!

Also I keep seeing battle between Sasuke and Zoro. Yes Sasuke will get chopped into tiny bits by Zoro. But you have forgotten about the Seven Swordsman in Naruto.

http://t1.gstatic.com...

If Zoro dare fight them He screwed. The list goes on buddy Naruto in the end will be superior to One Piece.

So in conclusion I would agree the same as you but I see to many differences that's better than One Piece. OP is like Pirate of the Caribbean. Naruto though has it's own creativity.
Mikal

Con

Let's now take a look at some of the stuff my adversary is claiming.

Rebuttal 1

"It may be true that One Piece is upbeat and funny. But Naruto involves seriousness and funniest. When Sakura had smacked Naruto into oblivion. I've never seen another manga ever do that. Or the fact that Naruto and the other kid (forgive me) they had transform into females and made both of their teachers gawk with awe. Or they say, Horny. Hmmmmm...... Did One Piece ever do that????"

I already addressed some of the seriousness behind onepiece. It can be quite seriousness in some of the story line. SPOILER ALERT. When ace dies in the show and luffy goes insane for a few episodes, it tugs at your heart strings a little. Where as what is funny is very subjective, I would argue one piece overall has better and more modern humor Every now and then you will get a bit of comic relief in Naruto, but it does not offer the balance one piece has. It keeps you laughing in every episode while maintaining the story itself in a very serious way. It draws you and and pulls you to it.

Rebuttal 2

"There isn't many stores when there is a typical kid whose family or clan got slaughtered by one person. Those stories involves tons of people creating the outrageous slaughters. But in the manga or episodes it took only one person.... That person is Itachi Uchiha."

Really there is no other animes where a family got slaughtered? That is like saying the sun is tinted purple, and is magically producing pretty pink unicorns.

Here is just a few that revolve around that concept and vengeance.

Zephyr
afro samurai
cow boy be bop
tri-gun
claymore

and so many more, that have that "somebody died let me avenge them thing"

One piece is entirely unique with its story and has one never before done.

Rebuttal 3

"Besides there's been character that is like Sanji. Including Brock from Pok"mon classic show. Every time a gorgeous female is in his presence he fawns all over them like Sanji."

I was using this a demonstration to show that the character development in one piece is far more advanced than Naruto. Whether it has similarities in other anime's is irrelevant. Just in particular, one piece compared to Naruto offers better characterization. This is also just one character, there are thousands more that have their own unique appeal.

Rebuttal 4

"Many character from One Piece is somewhat related to Naruto you see. Like Crocodile he is related to Gaara the sand user he controls sand. Then you have Sanji's leg. Which is like Might Guy and Rock lee. "

They could possibly resemble some traits but as I stated these are just a few characters within the show. I could make an entire list of one piece characters that are completely individual and have their own style.

Nami- Slave to merman, and thief. Quirky attitude and gold hungry
Brook- Dead ghost who loves to sniff panties
Robyn- Archaeologist who can summon thousands of hands out of no where.
Coby- puny sailor boy , gone cray cray navy admiral
Don flamingo- he wears a flamingo costume and can control people like puppets, while doing a flamingo dance

In addition to all these one piece was released before Naruto, so i could even argue Naruto took some of the character designs and made it their own because one piece popularized it in japan.

Rebuttal 5

"Naruto has more twist then a professional knot."

One piece throws some turns out at you as well. SPOILER ALERT. When ace dies as well, no one saw that coming because they are not common to killing off characters and bring them back. That one was a mind blower. SPOILER ALERT. Even when white beard dies it was shocking. One piece has twists and turns as well.

Rebuttal 6

Zoro would own sasuke.

Sasuke can use lighting and summon snakes. Zoro gets so OP at the end of future one pieces he can swing his sword, and slice through a entire mountain. He can even cut steel in two. After he receives training from Mi-Hawk his speed also improves 10 fold. He has like a flash step move where, he can just appear behind you and slice you to bits before you know what happens.

In conclussion.

One piece has Naruto beat. WE can clearly see that. Naruto is good, but does have everything to offer that one piece does.

Unruly_Hybrid

Pro

You are a worth opponent. By the way when I made this argument this was suppose to be about character vs character like Naruto vs. Luffy.
Mikal

Con

I wish that was clarified, I would have still taken it lol. From the title unvierse I thought we were debating the actually generes. I will pick it up from here though, and say luffy would beat naruto. Actually luffy would beat madara.

Reasons Why

(1)Naruto uses rasengan, which is a energy ball designed to distort your body and rip a hole in you. Luffy is rubber, this would hit him and merely make him spin around a lot

(2) Ninjitsu is useless against luffy. He is rubber, so lighting would be useless. If he got hit with fire it would make him stronger. One of luffys ultimate moves, is heating his body up so that he can move at insane speeds and deliver faster than life blows. Using fire on him would be useless and merely make him stronger.

(3) His only weakness is blades, and Naruto doesn't even use that. Even if he did, luffy is as fast as light when he raises his heat level to inflame the rubber he is made of. Even faster than the fourth hokage.

(4) His gomu gomu pistol, would blast a hole in Naruto. Naruto would not have the speed to react and couldn't even try to block it.

(5) The only viable way to beat luffy is to summon water and surround him, but again he is to fast to get caught with this. He is one of the fastest anime characters created when he heats his body up. It would be impossible to trap him. Even if you did, he has an entire crew would similar powers. Zoro could break the barrier with his sword or robin could trounce it with her arms.

Unruly_Hybrid

Pro

Tata!!!!!! That's where you're wrong. I've seen a battle simulation between Naruto and Luffy. Naruto had won the battle. The reason is if Luffy were to hurt or kill someone Naruto loves then that sets him off. Like when Pain had killed Hinata when he was battling Naruto. She had tried to save him. Then he transforms into the Nine Tails Skeleton mode. Then he learned to regain the Nine Tails powers and used sage mode on Pain through out the episode.

So image if Luffy suddenly came across Naruto friends and killed them as they try to attack them. Even in Haki form or Gear mode, Naruto will just simply surpass him with great speed or strength.

http://fc06.deviantart.net...

So when Naruto get the rinngan and fight Luffy with it. Naruto will control all elements. He will have the 9 tails fighting along-side with him. Making him the greatest warrior. Then Kyuubi will use his charka valley gun with blast a gigantic blast not even enel could survive. If you don't believe me then see for yourself.

If a smaller version of the nine tails could do that image what a FULL-FLEDGED NINE TAILS COULD DO?!

Last Mardara could use his sharigan on Luffy and stab him inside his mind for hours if he wanted. Also he created a giant death ball twice without using much charka. Image also what he could do if he uses his most powerful Justus.

So in conclusion Naruto or Mardara will destroy Luffy in a long drag out battle. >w< ORRRRRRR...... DROWN LUFFY IN WATER!!!!!!!
Mikal

Con

Lets take into account what you are saying

Contention 1

A simulation said Naruto would win. There is no way to do a proper simulation but it is merely semantics in this type of discussion.

We have already arrived at the conclusion, that the genre of one piece beats Naruto now we are looking at a character vs character type of scenario.

Contention 2

Luffy would have to harm one of Naruto's friend for this simulation to come true

Luffy wouldn't harm anyone unless they harmed him first. He is has never did something that was unwarranted. He fights fair and upfront. Since we are talking about a 1 v 1 fight, and not a straw hats vs konoha village type of situation, the chance he would hurt one of Naruto's friends is frankly impossible.

Say he did and the nine tails was released. Luffy is still to fast to get caught by the blasts, and at this point it is just sheer power going everywhere. Naruto would be fighting without his mind, while he is fighting a calm and collected luffy. We often see this when Naruto goes to this mode, and is beaten almost every time because of his inability to control it.

He is beaten by the eight tails, and even orichimaru during this phase of evolution.

Contention 3

As i stated earlier, all of Naruto's basics moves would be negated.

The rasengan or anything else like that is virtually useless vs a rubberman because it requires flesh. Since he is made of rubber this would not harm him.

Contention 4

We can see during one piece what happens when someone tries to mind contorl luffy. He is farm to simple minded and of basic idgaf kind of nature to fall victim to that. So if Madara where to try to use his eye to put him under a spell, it would literally not work because of luffy's simple minded nature in a way lol. In a straight up fight Madara uses illusions.

We see him fight with ninjitsui if someone can make their way through that. We see this through his battle with the fourth. Since the fourth was so fast and could not be caught by none of these tactics, he almost beat Madara.

Luffy being faster than the fourth, would not even break a sweat. Even if it were possible to control his mind, there would have to be a moment in which Madara could catch him to place him under the spell.

It is highly unlikely

Luffy is also able to fight with this eyes closed because of the training he endured under silver ryleigh, Gold D Rogers second hand man. So any type of eye genjitsui would not work on him

Not to mention, he commands haki and with a simple shout make anyone unable to move. His will power is the strongest in the world due to his blind faith.

Contention 5

Elemental Ninjisui would not harm him

Since he is made of rubber, the elements in Naruto would either not hurt him or benefit him. Lighting is virtually useless because he is rubber, and it would just act as a receptor and he could use it as an attack rather than harm him. If he gets hit with fire, it would make him faster because of the expansion rate of rubber. As with his ultimate move, he would simply get faster and faster. Ground moves wouldn't work because of how fast he is, and he could simply bounce of his surroundings.

In closing.

My adversary already sort of conceded in a way that the One Piece series could out do the Naruto series, so then we go to a 1v1 character type of situaiton. I have shown how and why Naruto could not beat luffy, and how in fact luffy could beat the prime antagonist in Naruto, Madara Uchiha.

His Resolution was not met, and we can logically conclude that one piece can possibly be considered to the better genre. Also through logic we can arrive at the fact that luffy would beat naruto in a 1v1 fight.
Posted by Shadowguynick 3 years ago
Shadowguynick
This was a pretty awesome debate. Even if I'm not into anime.
Vote Placed by Marshall-Abarca 3 years ago
Marshall-Abarca
Unruly_HybridMikalTied
Reasons for voting decision: I believe that both sides were equal in everything other than arguments, I think Con did a much better job in providing his viewpoint as opposed to Pro.
Vote Placed by Nataliella 3 years ago
Nataliella
Unruly_HybridMikalTied
Reasons for voting decision: Arguments to Con because he made his contentions clear. Conduct to Con because Pro "skipped" a round. (He didn't forfeit, but one round was a sentence long and didn't argue anything.) Sources to Pro for using them.