Oneil_Ferrer
ClassicRobert

Naruto is overrated

ClassicRobert

Oneil_Ferrer

Pro

1st round acceptance
2000 characters
3 rounds
3 days voting period
72 hours time to argue
ClassicRobert

Con

I accept this debate and look forward to your argument.
Oneil_Ferrer

Pro

Oneil_Ferrer forfeited this round.
ClassicRobert

Con

It seems like my opponent has forfeited this round. While the burden of proof is on Pro to prove that Naruto is, in fact, overrated, I will make a few points.

1. The Manga

The manga is one of the best-selling mangas in the world. As of February 2012, it had sold over 126.5 million copies. This is, as it would seem, a huge number. In 2006, the Naruto manga alone accounted for almost 10% of all manga sales (1). Overrated is defined by Dictionary.com as rating or appraising too highly, or overestimating (2). However, as its sales are so incredibly high, and it controls such a high portion of the market, its value is certainly not overestimated.

2. The Anime

Freely streamed episodes of Naruto: Shippuden have an average of 160,000 viewers a week. It is also one of the most watched series in Japan (3). As it has one of the largest fan bases of any anime/manga, it is not overrated.

Overrated is defined by Dictionary.com as rating or appraising too highly, or overestimating (2). However, because of Naruto's high sales, large market share, and large fan base, its value is not overrated.

I would also like to urge my opponent, Oneil_Ferrer to respond this time. Debates are really more fun when opposing views are presented.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org... The manga section
2. http://dictionary.reference.com...
3. http://en.wikipedia.org... The anime section
Oneil_Ferrer

Pro

Oneil_Ferrer forfeited this round.
ClassicRobert

Con

My opponent has forfeited every round after the first, and has not fulfilled his burden of proof. Pro has made no points, and he has not refuted any of my points, so it still stands that because of Naruto's large fan base, large market share, and high sales, it should not be considered "overrated." I urge voters to vote based on the debate, and not personal opinion.

Please vote Con.
Vote Placed by leojm 4 years ago
leojm
Oneil_FerrerClassicRobertTied
Reasons for voting decision: The player Pro, forfeited