tyson
devin.cooper64

Naruto vs. One Piece

tyson

Pro

Personally, I like Naruto a lot. But I really don't know a lot about One Piece... I just want to hear your opinion. :)
devin.cooper64

Con

Considering my profile pic is Luffy, it's quite obvious I am a one piece fan...
I accept debate and will post main arguments in round two.
tyson

Pro

I like Naruto because I was emotionally attached to the characters. When Jiraiya died, I cried my eyes out. Naruto also have a very big world.... though One Piece deals on seas so I'm One Piece has a even bigger world. lol
devin.cooper64

Con

A few reasons why I prefer One Piece over Naruto

1. The storyline in One Piece is much bigger and much more diverse, unlike Naruto, which storyline since day one has been limited to a simple Good vs Bad storyline, only introducing two main villains.

One Piece on the other hand is much bigger and deeper, simply first introducing a kid who wants to be a pirate king, quickly evolves into the major question of "What is good and bad" with multiple story lines and arcs introduced, and some only hinted at, with the mysterious "void age" the upcoming "War To End All Wars" and just barley introducing the half way point of the grand line, the story shows no sing of slowing down, unlike naruto, which is quickly coming to an end.

Also with the story, i see the lessons, morals, and characters are simply better.

2. The Animation

Narutos downfall is the animation, the first series and manga had good animation, but when Part 2 or Shippuden came around the animation went off the deep end, with crude and plain animation from both the anime and the manga. While one piece has kept the same quality of animation since CP9, which also allows for the show to reflect serious and funny moments.

3. The Characters

Narutos characters are high in number and low in point, most characters hardly ever scratching the surface of development, one dimensional, with no back story save for maybe the main and a few side characters. This in turn shuts off any real connection for me, hardly ever batting an eye when one of them get hurt or even dies *cough*Neji*cough*

One piece on the other hand, every character main and even side has had some form of back story introduced, which really makes some serious connections. Especially the pirate crew, who all had terrible pasts (Luffy losings his ability to swim, resulting in shanks losing his arm and almost dying, Zoros only friend dying when they both promised to be the best, Nami's mom getting murdered, Ussops mom dying, Sanji almost dying, Robin's very existence a sin, Brooke being forced to see all of his crew die, Chopper losing his friend)

Their goals for being the best or for something better sets up some serious connections with the viewer and can be easily related to.
tyson

Pro

tyson forfeited this round.
devin.cooper64

Con

devin.cooper64 forfeited this round.