Logical-Master
Super-Combo

Naruto will most likely be romantically involved with Sakura by the end of the Naruto anime/manga

Logical-Master

Pro

The first round is the greeting round. The actual debate will start during round 2 for me (of course, if my opponent wishes, he/she can provide an argument beforehand).
Super-Combo

Con

Greetings, I would like to thank my opponent, and applaud him for choosing such a subject to debate upon. This should be interesting.
Logical-Master

Pro

Alright, let us begin

Ladies and gentleman, there is a significant amount of evidence to conclude that Naruto and Sakura will most likely be romantically involved with one another by the end of the anime/manga. For the remainder of this debate, I shall be dubbing the Naruto/Sakura relationship as NaruSaku.

#1. THERE IS PLENTY OF REASON TO BELIEVE THAT SAKURA HAS ROMANTIC FEELINGS FOR NARUTO

It's implied that Sakura has special feelings for Naruto: http://www.onemanga.com...

A) Taking note of this panel (as well as the panels on the previous pages), let us keep in mind that Sakura is expressing deep concern over the state of Naruto's body due to being unable to control the nine tailed fox's power. This is exactly like her prior concern for Sasuke as shown in Naruto Part one (the pre Shippuden half of the series) and we know for a fact that she had previously had strong romantic feelings for Sasuke.

B) To add, what's most interesting (on the actual page in the link I provide) is that Yamato comments on Sakura's emotions displayed by stating "It's how strongly you feel for him that counts. Sakura, I can tell just by looking at you that . . . the truth is . . ." Just before Yamato is able to finish commenting, Naruto is now conscious and Yamato isn't able to say anymore.

This can only mean one thing: If Yamato simply wished to point out that Sakura cares about Naruto as a friend, Naruto waking up wouldn't stop him from saying what he had intended to say. After all, what embarrassment or uneasy feelings could come from knowing that another individual acknowledges you as a friend? Both Naruto and Sakura are teammates and do all things friends typically do together, so there is no doubt that friendship between Naruto and Sakura is common knowledge. Clearly, was about to point out far deeper feelings than that of which can be produced from mere friendship; clearly, Yamato was about to point out that Sakura had developed romantic interest in Naruto.

#2. THERE IS PLENTY OF REASON TO BELIEVE THAT NARUTO HAS ROMANTIC FEELINGS FOR SAKURA

A) First, there is the fact that he flat out states (or rather, thinks) that he has these kinds of feelings for Sakura, as confirmed on the bottom right panel on the page below:http://www.onemanga.com...

B) Keep in mind that even in the second half of the Naruto series, Naruto still desires has dating related interest in Sakura dates as shown here: http://www.onemanga.com...

Naruto says (and I quote): "Jeez and I was just devising a plan for the two of us to go on a walk, almost like a date"

Granted, there is more evidence than the above, but the fact that he flat out confirms he has romantic feelings for Sakura and that he is interested in dating her is rather sufficient if I do say so myself.

#3. NARUTO PAIRING WITH HINATA AND SAKURA PAIRING WITH SASUKE IS FAR TOO UNLIKELY.

Now my opponent may attempt to provide reasons as to why Naruto and Hinata could become involved with one another, however, if we look at the most recent manga chapter, we shall note that Hinata is killed by the leader of the akatuski (Pein).

http://www.onemanga.com...
http://www.onemanga.com...

With Hinata dead, there is absolutely now chance of NaruHina occurring.

As for SasuSaku (Sasuke and Sakura), let us observe the following piece of evidence:http://www.onemanga.com...

Here, we see Sakura preparing to attack Sasuke (something which she was unwilling to do in the past) and we see Sasuke prepared to kill Sakura (as noted by Yamato). Surely if there were something between the two, at least one of them would not have resorted to such drastic measures. Now this doesn't completely negate the possibility of SasuSaku, but it sure makes it unlikely.

CONCLUSION:

1) We have plenty of reason to believe that Naruto has romantic feelings for Sakura
2) We have plenty of reason to believe that Sakura has romantic feelings for Naruto.
3) We have reason to believe that it is unlikely that the other possible pairings (NaruHina and SasuSaku) will occur.
4) Therefore, it is most likely that Naruto will be romantically involved with Sakura at some point in the future.

Some of the above points may need clarification depending on my opponent's objections. At any rate, the above shall do it for now.

Engage.
Super-Combo

Con

I would like to proceed forth with my case by referencing evidence from similar manga and negating any of his instigations all together.
Although it is quite clear that Naruto has romantic feeling for Sakura, and Sakura for Naruto, my opponent makes a large assumption, that acts of romance shall take place. With Naruto being a manga centered around battles and fast paced action, the chances of romance to truly play a part in the plot of Naruto are slim. For example, other battle manga such as One Piece and Bleach, although they depict characters clearly showing affection for one another (such as Sanji-Nami or Orihime-Ichigo) no such romance takes place in the story. My opponent often refers to the chances of a Sakura-Sasuke or a Naruto-Hinata relationship developing as opposed to a Naruto-Sakura development, when the chances that any relationship will develop are quite slim.
Logical-Master

Pro

Ladies and gentleman, my opponent has opted to concede to the fact that both Naruto and Sakura possess romantic feelings for one another. However, he is of the mindset that this doesn't prove my case given that other mangas/animes of the same genre are revolved around fighting and thus provide no opportunity for romances to take place. However, although other mangas of the same genre have thrown around some hints of romance between both characters in question, the fact of the matter is that my opponent's objection fails in regards to the fact that these authors have admitted to having some inspiration from Akira Toriyama (the creator of Dragon Ball Z). We must keep in mind that during Dragon Ball Z, romances took place in spite of the fact that the series mostly revolved around fighting. Indeed, Goku married Chi-Chi, Bulma married Vegeta, Krillin married Android 18 and Gohan married Videl.

In addition, I'd like to point out that both of the mangas/animes which my opponent is referring to are ongoing. The resolution merely promotes the idea that all evidence points to the characters in question "hooking up" by the end of the series. Neither Bleach, One Piece or Naruto have ended yet.

Thus, for a brief overview of this round, CON's case fails on the grounds of the fact that the story which these very stories were inspired by was action focused yet had resolved romances and that this is debate concerns what will likely occur by the end of the storyline. Indeed, although Ichigo Kurosakai may not be paired up with Orihimi in the current arc, it is quite likely that we will see some kind of epilogue depicting the two together by the end of the manga. The same can be said for Luffy and Boa Hancock as well as Nami and Sanji.

Thus, I rest my case for now.
Super-Combo

Con

Super-Combo forfeited this round.
Logical-Master

Pro

He forfeits. Ergo, he drops. Ergo, extend all arguments made.
Super-Combo

Con

Super-Combo forfeited this round.
Logical-Master

Pro

*sigh* Forfeits killed my father and raped my mother you know. :(
Super-Combo

Con

Super-Combo forfeited this round.
Posted by Logical-Master 1 year ago
Logical-Master
Curses. Kishimoto sold out.
Posted by EmeraldLance 5 years ago
EmeraldLance
Likewise, this would have been a fun one for me as well. I can debate either side, but I believed (at the time, anyway) that NaruHina would happen.
Posted by Incrdible 6 years ago
Incrdible
Naruto knows that Sakura loves Sasuke and he wants to save him because he promised sakura that he would. there have been more hinata and naruto moment then sakura and naruto. i wish i could have debated this.
Posted by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
Am I getting vote bombed all of the sudden? My, some people on this site are pretty pathetic. :D
Posted by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
Indeed it does. :D

As for the new chapter, I think I'd still be able to counter such a case granted that Hinata SUCKS. :P
Posted by ToastOfDestiny 7 years ago
ToastOfDestiny
Pro again
"*sigh* Forfeits killed my father and raped my mother you know. :("

Does that make you the bastard child of forfeits? The newest chapter did have the potential to own this case.
Posted by AnimeFanTony 7 years ago
AnimeFanTony
L-M so owned that debate.
Posted by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
Wow, you could have really done some damage to my case with the most recent Naruto chapter. :D
Posted by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
Indeed . . . and when taking into account that Sakura loves Naruto as well, it just complicates things if Hinata is thrown into the loop and it doesn't seem to adhere to Kishimoto's writing style. Not only that, but I think it would absolutely ridiculous if it turned out HInata was alive as that would really cheapen this chapter considerably (not to mention that Pein has killed Shizune, so why not kill Hinata?). If anyone should be brought back to life, it should be Kakakshi as his death was utterly pointless and he is actually a character who has had plenty of focus and development in the storyline (unlike HInata).
Posted by jfg2597 7 years ago
jfg2597
I see what you mean. I'll admit, when I saw that, I was initially going for NaruHina purely based on the fact that she finally said it out loud. But Naruto does like Sakura and it would be hard for him to just give all that up on a whim because someone else loves him. I don't know, it will be interesting either way whether or not she does indeed die.
Vote Placed by brokenboy 5 years ago
brokenboy
Logical-MasterSuper-ComboTied
Reasons for voting decision: L
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
Logical-MasterSuper-ComboTied
Vote Placed by JBlake 7 years ago
JBlake
Logical-MasterSuper-ComboTied
Vote Placed by s0m31john 7 years ago
s0m31john
Logical-MasterSuper-ComboTied
Vote Placed by Kleptin 7 years ago
Kleptin
Logical-MasterSuper-ComboTied
Vote Placed by Tatarize 7 years ago
Tatarize
Logical-MasterSuper-ComboTied
Vote Placed by Whitesamari 7 years ago
Whitesamari
Logical-MasterSuper-ComboTied
Vote Placed by jfg2597 7 years ago
jfg2597
Logical-MasterSuper-ComboTied
Vote Placed by rougeagent21 7 years ago
rougeagent21
Logical-MasterSuper-ComboTied
Vote Placed by ToastOfDestiny 7 years ago
ToastOfDestiny
Logical-MasterSuper-ComboTied