subbu_muthu
Sottaceti

Nationality Status for Srilankan Innocent Tamil People!

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

subbu_muthu

Pro

Many of the Srilanka Tamil People Who Temporarily got Settled in Various Country During their Own Country Problem are still in trouble. The Reason for stating that, it is their own country problem, is the Tamils fought for their regal rights are living that land for generations together. After hundreds of year, the Tamils in Srilanka in their own land, where discriminated by the Rulers. In the beginning the Tamil raised their voice in Gandhian Way only. But due to so many reasons and others influence especially religious force played a major role and they tied they Government hand and they were forced not to do, any good to the Tamilians. Later the fight took a different shape and the country lost their wealth in fighting, rather they should have saved money by bringing Harmony in the Land. If the government would have done so, I am very sure Srilanka must be another Singapore for Neighbouring Countries. These things are not our main issue.

OUR MAIN ISSUES ARE

When the innocent Tamils in their own land will get a peaceful life! When the Tamils in their own land will be equally treated as other Srilankan Nationals. When the Tamils who are now stationed in other Countries can come back home. When All the Srilankan Innocent Tamils will lead a common life as other Natives of this Universe.

AT SOME POINT OF TIME, FOR EVERY ISSUE ARISES, EACH AND EVERY NATION, HADSORTED OUT THE ISSUES, RATHER THAN EXPLORING THE SAME OLD STORIES. THEN WHY SRILANKA IS NOT GIVNG IMPORTANCE TO THE UNIVERCEL TRUTH OR VALUE?
Sottaceti

Con

I have a fleeting feeling that this guy used Google translate to do his dirty work for him...

You cannot demand a nationality status for a conquered peoples. This is ridiculous - it's like proclaiming the Byzantium descendants in Turkey a status as a seperate peoples from the country. The internal conflicts in Sri Lanka are due to the peoples'* hands themselves, as they are declaring succussion from their fair conquerors.

The Tamil peoples can easily live a peaceful life. This shouldn't be difficult, as in the 2nd century BC, Buddhism was introduced to the Tamil people, and it still today remains the major religion in the area of Sri Lanka. In the words of Angela Merkel, "Moscheen etwa werden st�rker als fr�her ein Teil unseres Stadtbildes sein." (Mosques are now more than what we saw before in the makeup of our cities' scapes.) All they need to do is make their blatantly obviously Hindu presence less potent with the other peoples of Sri Lanka. They can come back home, they just need to camoflauge themselves.

*The descendants of the 2nd Century BC's Sri Lanka inhabitants
subbu_muthu

Pro

Very Very simple to understand!
It is very simple though Tamilians who were born in Srilanka and their ancestors where there in that land for generations together or not given any human rights. It is very simple they don't even know whether they are citizens of their own land. What a shame in this 21st century. Not only that, still Srilankan Tamils who left during the problem who stay in country like African Countries are still in very big problem. They cannot stay peacefully there also nor they can re-enter Srilanka peacefully.
Why still Tamils in their own land are kept in a camp as refugee?
Sottaceti

Con

The Tamils that live in Sri Lanka are Sri Lankan. The Tamils that live in other African countries are of the nationality respective of their country of residence. There is nothing more to this argument. Please, for the sake of yourself on this site, learn better English.
subbu_muthu

Pro

My dear friend, I should thank you first for advising me to learn English. Please understand in so many countries Srilankan Tamils are living without Nationality status, nor they could return and settle themselves in Srilanka. So we are talking only about the people who are still in refugee status in different countries. Try to post valid comments otherwise you please stop advising others. What security measure has been taken for the Tamils who are still in camp in their own land in Srilanka and when they will be assured a normal life.
Sottaceti

Con

Are they not of their countries' nationalities? If they are legal citizens, they have a nationality status. If they are illegal diaspora, they should take the required measures to attain citizenry.
subbu_muthu

Pro

It is not that they are staying there illegally. In those African countries they cannot obtain Nataionality status so easily. Either they can stay their with Business Visa. They are prolonging their stay there, because they could not reach home.
As I told early the Srilankan Government should work with a limited time frame ( 3 to 6 months ) and try to bring peace in Srilanka politically and settle Tamil's issue without further delay.
Sottaceti

Con

If they want nationality status, they must do what is necessary to obtain the title. Are you suggesting we simpley give it to them without them taking the required measures? You cannot guarantee political peace, because it is not the right of the government to enforce 'stability' on the peoples. The people control the government, not the other way around.
subbu_muthu

Pro

You must be very serious while discussing these issues. I am not talking about countries where they can apply for Resident Visa for permanent stay. I am talking about countries where you cannot apply for those kind of VISA and they can extend their Business class of VISA for the required stay of time. Ultimately they should leave that country and return to their homeland. It is very funny to hear that it is the people to find solution. Unless government decide to bring an amicable solution it is very difficult to solve ethnic issues.
Sottaceti

Con

Then they should wither migrate to their homeland and become citizens, or move to another country which accepts new people and apply for citizenry in that country. I believe I have stated my point fairly clearly, and I wish you praise for using a language that is not your primary on a website full of strong, fluent speakers. This was a nice debate, and I enjoyed the "Absurdity" and deciphering, as a challenge, very much. Thank you for your time, and I hope you have good luck in all aspects of life. Adieu.
Posted by Sottaceti 6 years ago
Sottaceti
I'd like to point out to Mr. Cliff.Stamp that it is blatantly apparent my spelling and grammar was superior, and I closed in a gratuitous fashion whereas he just used exclamations.
Posted by Sottaceti 6 years ago
Sottaceti
"Do you like this debate?" Yes lol.
Posted by Sottaceti 6 years ago
Sottaceti
Excellent debate, as it turns out. I shouldn't have started with such negatively thinking. Thanks to the debate, I 've learned quite a bit about the Sri Lankans, their history, and their current struggles.
Posted by subbu_muthu 6 years ago
subbu_muthu
Very Very simple to understand!
It is very simple though Tamilians who were born in Srilanka and their ancestors where there in that land for generations together or not given any human rights. It is very very simple they don't even know whether they are citizens of their own land. What a shame in this 21st century. Not only that, still Srilankan Tamils who left during the problem who stay in country like African Countries are still in very big problem. They cannot stay peacefully there also nor they can re-enter Srilanka peacefully.
Posted by Sottaceti 6 years ago
Sottaceti
"Do you like this debate?" No lol.
Posted by Sottaceti 6 years ago
Sottaceti
I'll step up to the plate as a good Absurdist and tackle this mess of nonsense head on. Free win if I succeed.
Posted by alextp7 6 years ago
alextp7
I don't understand what you want to debate. You must clarify.
Posted by Zealous1 6 years ago
Zealous1
I know right? No one even knows about this because no one has accepted the debate.
Posted by joshizinfamous 6 years ago
joshizinfamous
This seems like a rant. You need to clarify like what you want out of this debate. Some kind of goal.
Vote Placed by baggins 5 years ago
baggins
subbu_muthuSottacetiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not argue well. He needs to put much more efforts into his debates. However Con simply did not try to understand what he is saying.
Vote Placed by Sylux 6 years ago
Sylux
subbu_muthuSottacetiTied
Reasons for voting decision: I really can't say who won...I saw cons arguments, and he did state he just picked this up without really thinking...plus Pro's opening arguments confused and frustrated me...so I think Pro should win because Con didn't know what he was doing...but I empathize with Con so I'll leave it as a tie...
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
subbu_muthuSottacetiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con trivialized a non-trivial issue. I was in Lanka during the civil war.