trueseeker
JuniorDebateNZ

Nationally accredited schools are just as good as regionally accredited schools

trueseeker

trueseeker

Pro

Schools that are regionally accredited are considered more superior than schools that are nationally accredited. I believe that this is nonsense. I propose that both schools are academically similar. I would like to challenge anyone who actually believes the myth that nationally accredited schools are academically inferior to schools that are regionally accredited.
JuniorDebateNZ

Con

Nationally accredited schools often gain more funding from the government, sponsor of sports teams and international students. With this money they pump back into the school getting more high tech classrooms and higher qualified teachers. These private schools also run on a lower student to teacher ratio. This is due to having more money too pay for these luxuries. It is shown statistically that with these key qualities the students gain higher grades. This generation connects well with technology and with information being so readily available, when provided with these essential learning tools, they are able to learn more efficiently and therefore gain higher grades. Public schools do not have these luxuries, as normally they do not have the money these nationally accredited schools have. With out these luxuries Generation Y is stood with there thumb in their mouth, and lost. The proof is in the statistical reports of schooling across the globe.
trueseeker

Pro

Hello.

Thank you for accepting my challenge to debate whether or not nationally accredited schools posses the same academic quality as regionally accredited schools. Please note that my position is that there is no difference in the quality of education when making a general comparison of nationally accredited and regionally accredited schools. For additional clarity and focus, I would like to place the emphasis on the college/university level. Based on your response above, you sound more like a supported of the topic instead of against it. In this debate, I am prepared to show that students who receive both under graduate and graduate degrees in nationally accredited colleges obtain the same level of quality that students in graduate and under graduate programs receive in regionally accredited colleges. It is unfair that many regionally accredited universities do not accept transfer credits from nationally accredited universities because of the perceived inferior quality of education. It is unfair that hard working students who have earned their undergraduate degrees from nationally accredited colleges are not able to enter graduate level study in MOST regionally accredited colleges. There are schools that are accredited and school that are not accredited. ALL accredited schools in the United States are accredited by official accreditation agencies recognized by the United States Department of Education. Those institutions that cannot stand up to the academic rigor (and financial power) required of these recognized agencies do not receive accreditation of any kind. If this statement is true, why is there discrimination on the part of regionally accredited universities? The arguments for continued discrimination are not supported by the facts. Therefore, it is unreasonable to continue to perpetuate the myth that regionally accredited universities/colleges are superior to nationally accredited universities/colleges. The arguments for supporting this myth is unsustainable; thus, the discrimination should end now. There is no difference when comparing the quality of nationally accredited colleges and regionally accredited colleges. I will ask my debate partner that if there is any evidence which supports the academic superiority of regionally accredited colleges over nationally accredited colleges, I make the challenge to present them now.
JuniorDebateNZ

Con

JuniorDebateNZ forfeited this round.
trueseeker

Pro

As a graduate of both a regionally accredited university and a nationally accredited university, I will always be convinced that there is no difference in quality between the two types of schools. I look forward to the day when nationally accredited schools will be able to have academic credits recognized by regionally accredited schools without the harm of discrimination.
JuniorDebateNZ

Con

JuniorDebateNZ forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
trueseekerJuniorDebateNZTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture