kikiming888
AbbyRitter

Natural beauty is more important than having make - up on

AbbyRitter
Voting Style: Judge Point System: Select Winner

kikiming888

Pro

Natural beauty is more important than having make up on. I think that we should embrace whatever we are given by god and not modify it. A light touch-up is fine, but not heavy make-up that totally changes your whole image. What is the point of hiding behind a mask the whole time, pretending to be someone else? Be yourself, embrace it and be confident. Beauty is not so much on the outside but on the inside. Besides that, why should we put chemicals on our face? This might put us to a higher risk of spoiling our natural beauty if we do not use the right products that suit our skin and if damaged, it is hard to get back what we already have from the start.
AbbyRitter

Con

Make-up has been used throughout history to modify one's own appearance. I suppose I agree with you on some points, such as that, yes, natural beauty is good and inner beauty is more important.
However, I say that this is a case of individual differences. Let's face it, we live in a society that's obsessed with beauty, and some people genuinely feel they NEED their make-up in order to look presentable. I'm referring to people who live in judgemental environments, especially high school and the like, who will face social rejection for their looks if they don't hide it behind layers of make-up.
While I understand where you're coming from and agree with you in theory, I think in practice we need to leave it up to the individual to decide whether they want to use make-up or not, whether they feel they need it to fit in with their environment.
God gave us this natural beauty, as you say, but he also gave us the unfortunate ability to judge and reject people of we don't consider their natural beauty to be up to our standards. I think it's a horrible thing to do, but sadly it does happen.
And as for your point about putting chemicals on your face, you need to be much more specific. A lot of people throw the word "chemicals" around like it's a bad word. Lots of things qualify as "chemicals" depending on how broad you want your definition to be. Just because something can be technically classified as a chemical doesn't automatically make it harmful, and most make-up I believe is tested before it hits the market to make sure it's not harmful to your skin.

In summary, leave it up to the individual to decide if they want make-up or not, and not all chemicals are bad.
kikiming888

Pro

kikiming888 forfeited this round.
AbbyRitter

Con

Ummmm... does this mean I won?
kikiming888

Pro

kikiming888 forfeited this round.
AbbyRitter

Con

AbbyRitter forfeited this round.
kikiming888

Pro

kikiming888 forfeited this round.
AbbyRitter

Con

AbbyRitter forfeited this round.
kikiming888

Pro

kikiming888 forfeited this round.
AbbyRitter

Con

AbbyRitter forfeited this round.
Posted by lord_megatron 2 years ago
lord_megatron
I DON'T care about beauty and faces. What matters is that whats filled inside that skull of yours.
Posted by Stefy 2 years ago
Stefy
Neither is more important than the other they are just different decisions and neither is important. hiw about instead of arguing about what wimen should do about their appearence we dtop picking apart womens looks and think about them as people instead of objects.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
kikiming888AbbyRitter
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: This was a bad debate. I really wish you two didn't forfeit the remaining rounds. In terms of the actual content, there was only one round of argumentation given by either side. However, Pro decided to forfeit every remaining round, which left Con's round to remain uncontested for the remainder of the debate. Since Con was left standing unchallenged, she wins the debate.