Yugandda
myndfreak

Natural land and land in its most basic form to use should be considered a human right

Yugandda

Pro

I would like for this to follow a Lincoln-Douglas mindset where there should be no plan or practicality of argument/position. This debate should be mostly on the basis of morality. You may use a value and criterion if applicable.
if you choose to accept then you can say accept or make your first constructive.

first round is constructive with the rest of the rounds being rebuttals
myndfreak

Con

Hello friend, land cannot be b human right simply because care, education, housing it runs out. And furthermore, its possession brings discomfort one way or the other to another human. These two criteria stops land from being a right, but rather an asset
Yugandda

Pro

Hello myndfreak and thank you for accepting my debate. I assume that me and my opponent would agree on how the resolution should be interpreted and thus the topicality of this debate. With that being said I will jump to my argument.

1 - Land is the origins for everything. When you think about it, everything made and created artificially is made from things in nature. Also people ascend from nature. If we follow the commonly accepted evolutionary process, everything is descended from nature. So shouldn't humans have the right to land.

2 - Free land use encourages economic development. Many people do not own land and in such, they cannot produce an economic output sufficient to suffice a healthy population. They are then "enslaved" by the land owners who act in their best interests. Land should be used in its most efficient form because it is a natural resource and, as such, limited. If the land is not being used in its most efficient form, why should someone own it? If other people can use the land much more efficiently, why are they entitled to the land.

3 - Land is the most essential human right and tool. Why do people consider universal healthcare and other abstracts a human right if they do not consider land a human right. Land is the most basic commodity and is the most essential economic factor in today's economy. The constitution lets people peruse happiness. How can you peruse happiness if you do not have the most basic essential, natural land.
myndfreak

Con

myndfreak forfeited this round.
Yugandda

Pro

Yugandda forfeited this round.
myndfreak

Con

myndfreak forfeited this round.
Yugandda

Pro

Yugandda forfeited this round.
myndfreak

Con

myndfreak forfeited this round.
Posted by Jason57 1 year ago
Jason57
Are you claiming that the land should be right to humans, or that every man should have right to land? It is a bit unclear to me, could you please clarify.