TheLegion
Silentsvc

Navy will BEAT ARMY in 2013!

TheLegion
Started: 12/1/2013 Category: Sports

TheLegion

Pro

Well, Navy's up 7-4 and Army's in a deep hole at 3-8. They just lost to Hawaii which was initially 0-10. Navy's been on Beast Mode for the season while Army has been, well Army. Soon, after December 14th, Navy will be up 8-4 and will be heading to a bowl game, can Army handle that?

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY!!!
Silentsvc

Con

Although I am a sailor and agree with your assumption that Navy will win, I would like to respectfully point out that it is an assumption. It appears this assumption is based on the idea that records decide who will win a game. I would refer you to the 2010 playoff game between the New Orleans Saints and the Seattle Seahawks. The Seahawks had a losing record and defeated the New Orleans Saints 41-36(http://espn.go.com...). The Saints were 11-5 and on their way to a second Super Bowl Appearance. Seattle limped in with a 7-9 record. We cannot base the outcome on statistics, that's why we must play the game.
TheLegion

Pro

Before anything, I just want to thank your for your service. It's a true honour to be debating against a service member!

I totally understand where you are coming from. My dad was an Army officer and he doesn't think Army will fare better than Navy this year, or any other year. He based it on one principle, the track record. For 11 games straight (soon to be 12), Army wasn't able to cap off with a win and aside from that, Army hasn't had a winning season for a really long time. I'm very well aware that Army and Navy takes the Army Navy Game really seriously, and both play their hearts out because they know that game could be their last (sad to say), but It also depends heavily on the coaching staff that, in one way or another, determine the win-loss ratio. Since Ken Niumatalolo became the head coach of Navy, he manage to retain a wining season for Navy, upholding Paul Johnson's legacy. Ken is now up .610 as head coach in Navy. As for Rich Ellerson, he's never managed to get Army a winning streak, his W-L ration's down at .351 and Army lost most of its "greats" (i.e. Trent Steelman). Ok, Terry Baggett's a good runner, but so is Keanan Reynolds. In fact, Reynolds just set a NCAA record during the San Jose State game for highest number of single rushing touchdowns, and he's a Quarterback. Just shows his versatility as a runner and a passer (his passing's not too shabby, good lasers). Player facts and team stats are the indicators that allow us to make a pretty solid prediction of the game winner. But I do agree, that there have been upsets such as the Saints vs Seahawks, (I'm a HUGE fan of the Saints) or even the recent Auburn-Alabama game (http://www.usatoday.com...) when, who could have guessed it, Auburn takes the victory with a 100+ yard run from a kick return. And I do agree, to the fullest extent, that the game has to be played. It just has to, it's All-American you can be when to Brothers in Arms fight it out for one day, and become bothers again the next. It's truly exhilarating.
Silentsvc

Con

I agree, I believe that the game must be played. Every game though, is a game of downs, therefore every down of every game must be played as you showed on the Alabama-Auburn game. The point being that its downs and the drive of the players and the coaching preparation for the game that will carry the day, not the statistics of the season that carry real sway.
TheLegion

Pro

Well Mr Silentsvc, it I had an good time being enlightened by you. I'm definitely going to be catching Army and Navy battle it out this year and I hope the dear audience enjoy their time on the 14th. Again thanks for the discussion and your service!
Silentsvc

Con

I appreciate your words, and it is my sincire hope that Navy crushes Army, but we cant assume that based on records!!!
Vote Placed by OtakuJordan 3 years ago
OtakuJordan
TheLegionSilentsvcTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm a sucker for statistics.
Vote Placed by janetsanders733 3 years ago
janetsanders733
TheLegionSilentsvcTied
Reasons for voting decision: This was tough one. I could not decide because both Pro and Con had pretty good arguments. Pro showed a little more stats. But, Con showed some logic, so I will say its a tie.