9351683
ireneadler

Nazi jokes should be banned in america

9351683 has forfeited round #2.

9351683

Con

It's as simple as freedom of speech, people can say what every they want to, not to say that there won't be social repercussions, but to legally ban a phrase is certainly against the Constitution.
ireneadler

Pro

While the first amendment rights dictate freedom of speech is a basic human right, it is important to take into account specific cases in which litigation has shown there are exceptions to this right. There are permissible restrictions on free speech that are unprotected by the first amendment. For decades, hate speech laws have been passed, outlawing offensive speech to protected groups. In Beauharnais v. Illinois, the Supreme Court sustained that the laws in Illinois regarding the prohibition of speech that offended specific races, ethnicities and religious group were constitutional. Since then the Supreme Court has ruled similarly in such matters, further allowing the prohibition of damaging hate speech in other states. Offensive comments or jokes regarding Nazism are directly damaging to certain religious and ethnic groups and should not be stated in a public setting.
Posted by NDECD1441 5 months ago
NDECD1441
I know I like to debate, butpro just said some stuff a little too factual for me.
Posted by NaughtyGerald 5 months ago
NaughtyGerald
Oh crap, i was about to argue against him cause I thought he was for baning Nazi jokes but than i realized he was against it XP
Posted by NDECD1441 5 months ago
NDECD1441
Yes pro would be hard to debate
Posted by FanboyMctroll 5 months ago
FanboyMctroll
I don't hear many Nazi jokes, do you mean jokes against the Jews being killed by Nazi's??

How do you ban free speech, you mean someone says it and they get a fine?? People say fvck all the time and that's a bad word, but you don't see it banned. I can't see any word being banned, how could that be possible

But I do agree with you, we have free speech but even if we didn't, what would happen, you mentioned a banned word and what, they haul you off to jail??