What50
theITdude

Nazism vs Democracy

theITdude has forfeited round #2.

What50

Pro

This is my first real debate. I will be arguing that Nazi Ideology is better than Capitalism.

Some definition first.
Nazism: the body of political and economic doctrines held and put into effect by the Nazis in Germany from 1933 to 1945 including the totalitarian principle of government, predominance of especially Germanic groups assumed to be racially superior, and supremacy of the f"hrer

https://www.merriam-webster.com...

Democracy:
1
a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority
b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections
2
: a political unit that has a democratic government
3
capitalized : the principles and policies of the Democratic party in the U.S.
from emancipation Republicanism to New Deal Democracy " C. M. Roberts
4
: the common people especially when constituting the source of political authority
5
: the absence of hereditary or arbitrary class distinctions or privileges

https://www.merriam-webster.com...

Rules:
No racism allowed
No Ad Hominem
Be willing to debate all 4 rounds
You are allowed to waive one round if you don't have the time.
No trolls
Most importantly have fun :)

Rounds:
Round 1 is acceptance
Round 2 is Main Arguments
Round 3 is rebuttals
Round 4 is closing arguments

I await my opponent and hope they will have a fun time debating.
theITdude

Con

What50 I gladly accept your challenge and I look forward to debating with you.
What50

Pro

For some clarifications I forgot to edit the debate out so I meant instead of Capitalism I meant Democracy. I hope my opponent can understand my mistake.

I would love to show you why Nazism is better than Democracy.

Firstly Nazism or National Socialism does have some tenets I would love to clarify. Firstly Nazism is very authoritarian. Nazism believes that the government could not function properly without the government not being able to show it's power to the people. They believed that the decisions for the betterment of the country should be made by the leader of the country. All political and sovereignty power is in the leaders hand in which the people of the country to be trusted.

Compared to democracy in which the people vote there is problems that can happen. Having one leader reduces having less factions out their only for a special interest to one people. Republican democracy works better in a smaller setting. Nazism form of authoritarian government is a better choice because of a stronger government and the decisions affect everyone. If the leader makes a bad decision both the poor and the rich will have a negative impact compared to the democracy in which a wrong move can make one group be affected in a negative while the other is not.

The second tenet is Totalitarianism. Nazism believes that the state power had few limits and could impact political, social and even cultural life. This may seem bad but let me explain why this is a good thing. For example are you tired of watching lets say Sponge-bob. With a Totalitarian government they can take sponge bob away and replace it with a show that is better. Totalitarianism is a double edge sword and like everything can be a bad or good thing.

The third tenet is Nationalism. Nazism is mostly about nationalism. Nazism is all about caring and thinking about the Country only. This is good because with this the government will only be focusing on economic revivals, and making the country better because they're focusing on just only the country.

The Fourth tenet is Militarism. Nazism believed that rearming and expanding the country is a way to defend the nation. This is important the world we live right now isn't safe. Being militaristic might be a way to end Isis and terrorist groups once and for all.

The Fifth Tenet is Expansionism. Expansionism is the political belief of territorial or economic expansion. As a nation grows more and more we will need more territorial or economic space. We will need this idealism in the future due to having less space and finding more ways to expand.

The sixth tenet is Traditional values. Nazism has a belief to not infringe on traditional values. Keeping traditional values such as having a man and a wife. These traditional values will allow the society to be happy with the values that worked in the past.

The Seventh Tenet is Racialism. Racialism is the belief that all races. Nazism also believes in eugenics such as sterilization or euthanasia for the mentally ill and disabled. Now this may seem bad but let me explain. The mentally ill should be sterilized because there Mental illness can be passed down heredity, same thing with the disabled. Now can euthanasia be justified well let me explain. It is justified because they're both experiencing pain and it's our duty as humans to reduce their pain. Euthanasia is a solution that can end their pain if we can't do anything about it. Even so with the sterilization they can still adopt kids. No one is stopping them from having kids unless there mental illness is to bad than they're allowed to adopt kids.

The eighth tenet is Volksgemeinschaft. This term means people's community. Nazism holds a belief that everyone should unite together to reduce difference in the working class, wealth, and the standards of living.

These are the main tenets that gives you a general idea of Nazism.

Now how can you say this is better than Democracy? Democracy can cause minority to get the short hand. The reason why Nazism is better is because the leader will make decisions that will affect both the majority and minority. No group will get better treatment and one get worse treatment based on decisions. Democracy can cause gerrymandering. Gerrymandering is the dividing of a state, county, etc., into election districts so as to give one political party a majority in many districts while concentrating the voting strength of the other party into as few districts as possible. This is highly unfair in a democracy society and will cause high distrust to everyone. Democracy can cause shortfalls. Do to having a short term focus and it might not be working for the growth of society in the long term.

Democracy can cause the person to vote selfishly for the betterment of himself than the betterment of his whole country. Even the candidates running in a democracy has to make promises they can't keep. This will cause the people to be angry, and will cause a out rage. Elections take to much time and money. My example is Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton campaign spending. Trump spent 957.6 million dollars on his campaign while Hillary spent 1.4 billion dollars. These are money that can be put to use but wasted running for president.

A Democracy relies on individuals to be educated and informed. If they're not this in turn can be manipulated by media, candidates, and even groups. There will be a conflict of interest in a democracy. When a government or a politician has to make a choice on doing what will make the country better or getting a chance to run again in the future. Democracy doesn't work everywhere. Just because it worked for America doesn't mean it will work for African countries.

These are my reasons why Nazism is better than Democracy.

http://alphahistory.com...
http://www.dictionary.com...
http://www.mayoclinic.org...
http://www.dictionary.com...
https://greengarageblog.org...
https://www.washingtonpost.com...