PlagueDoctor
immonica

Nearly all anime is bad

Started: 10/15/2015 Category: TV

PlagueDoctor

Pro

Hello. In this debate, I will be arguing that most anime (Japanese animation) is bad, and that several modern cartoons are eclipsing the genre in quality.

Round 1-Acceptance
Rounds 2,3,4-Arguments
Round 5-Rebuttals, nothing new

Good luck!
immonica

Con

I accept this debate
PlagueDoctor

Pro

PlagueDoctor forfeited this round.
immonica

Con

immonica forfeited this round.
PlagueDoctor

Pro

PlagueDoctor forfeited this round.
immonica

Con

I wouldn't call myself an anime fan primarily because I've only watched a handful and have seen bits and pieces of others. With that being said - the anime I have seen, I enjoyed watching. A friend of mine has watched more than 100 different animes and yes some he wasn't very fond of BUT it wasn't bad enough to stop him from watching anime altogether. Plus on a positive note many animes have distinctive art styles that incorporate colors in beautiful and vibrant ways. Anime fans come from all corners of the globe, so for anyone not Japanese, anime can actually be rather educational. You learn a little bit about Japanese culture regardless of what type of anime you are watching. Animes also put your imagination to use by featuring really crazy concepts and alternate universes that you just can"t view realistically. Despite the rather unrealistic nature of most anime, many teach viewers a lesson or explore at least one major thematic issue central to human existence. Many place emphasis on how rare a truly good friend is, and this makes many really appreciate the good friends they have. Anime is perfect if you're having a bad day, regardless of what you feel like watching, there"s bound to be an anime to fit the way you feel, since it has many genres. You can easily find something to inspire you with hope, or something to cater to your bad mood. One of the best parts about watching anime is how often a show can surprise you. Sometimes for the better; sometimes for worse. Since the community of anime fans is actually quite large, even in the U.S. alone. This makes it really easy to find new people you have a lot in common with. Ultimately it depends on your preference. Perhaps the anime you've watched was bad, but maybe it was because that anime in particular wasn't meant for you.
PlagueDoctor

Pro

PlagueDoctor forfeited this round.
immonica

Con

immonica forfeited this round.
PlagueDoctor

Pro

PlagueDoctor forfeited this round.
immonica

Con

Alrighty then
Posted by kingslayer2323 1 year ago
kingslayer2323
Why is PlagueDoctor forfeiting all the rounds?
Posted by Ninjahammer 1 year ago
Ninjahammer
Nearly all of everything is bad.
Posted by PointyDelta 1 year ago
PointyDelta
Whew.