Necrophilia Should be Legalized

Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

Resolution is self-explanatory (necrophilia being sex with a human corpse).

1. No forfeits
2. No new arguments in the final round
3. First round is acceptance only
4. No trolling
5. No kritiks
6. Violation of rules results in automatic loss.

I accept this debate. I have a feeling this is going to be a fun one.

In order to win this debate, I have to prove that necrophilia should be legalized.

I do not have to prove that every instance of necrophilia should be legalized, just that it should be under certain circumstances.

Under my plan to legalize necrophilia it will be legal under the following circumstances:

1-Permission was given by either the dead person prior to their death or by their family to be used for sex after they die.

2-The body is preserved, the same way bodies are before burial and thrown out if deemed unusable. (1)

Now that has been established, I’ll enter my arguments.

C1-Economic Benefits

This is simple. The majority of people who would be willing to have their or their family’s corpse for sexual reasons would need some sort of incentive. Incentive wise, this will probably be financial.

This means that a business will probably have to be formed dedicated to necrophilia and people would have to pay for it.

This will create economic growth, because it will create jobs needed to preserve the body and could be a quite profitable industry. The extent to which this will create economic growth is unknown, but it likely will occur.

C2-Happiness Benefits

Legalizing necrophilia would increase happiness. If people are willing to pay for necrophilia, it is clearly something they want.

Governments obviously want their people to be happy and necrophilia can bring pleasure to people (while not harming anyone). Everyone knows people like sex and necrophilia can be an easy way to get sex, for people who may otherwise have trouble doing so. Plus, many people have sexual fantasies of various types and necrophilia opens up the opportunity for that.

However, even if some people don’t understand it, it need not be understood to know it increases happiness for people paying for it. If anyone wishes to pay for something, they deemed it worthwhile. Pretty much everyone values money (to at least some degree), so anyone willing to part with it felt that they would receive something better. Thus, anyone who would pay for necrophilia would see it as worthwhile way to spend their money and believe it is a positive impact and therefore it increases their happiness.

*This argument was pretty short and to the point, but I imagine Con will have a lot to rebut with, so I’ll have more to say in rebuttals and defense.*

Here is my argument against legalizing Necrophilia:

1. It is Unsanitary
This link states that "To those in close contact with the dead, such as rescue workers, there is a health risk from chronic infectious diseases which those killed may have been suffering from and which spread by direct contact, including hepatitis B and hepatitis C, HIV, enteric intestinal pathogens, tuberculosis, cholera and others" ( In other words, if getting in close contact does these things then it is dangerous for a person to even consider having sex with a dead person. These diseases could then be further spread when the necrophiliacs encounter with other people.

2. It is Immoral
Not only does this disrespect the dead (when they have permission or not), but it is a practice that is highly immoral. Having sex with the dead does absolutely nothing good. It only causes harm to the necrophiliacs mental state and it causes diseases to spread. The only thing it does is satisfy some creeps desire to have sex with a dead course. I can guarantee that the majority of people will not be interested in allowing some creep to have special privileges especially since the practice causes harm to society.

3. If you legalize this for the reasons mentioned you could also legalize pedophilia ( Are you aware that there is a movement for pedophiles to have the same rights as homosexuals ( These ideas about legalization are so bad that I couldn't have made it up. Your arguments could literally be used to support pedophilia. As long as the children agree to what happens and as long as it is deemed as safe, it should be legal. Don't you understand how messed up your argument is? The line has to be draw somewhere. Most of the time we make decisions on what benefits society. Since Necrophilia and pedophilia only (sort of) benefits some creeps and not the society as a whole, it should not be legal.

Refuting your arguments:

a. Economic Benefit?
You make a huge assumption with this point. You assume that there are enough people out there that want their bodies to be molested by some creep after they die. I can assure you that most people don't want this to happen. The business' would fail because the majority of people wouldn't want necrophilia to be legalized. Normal people don't want to have sex with dead people. You also need to provide some evidence that this would benefit the economy.

b. Happiness Benefits?
This sure wouldn't make me happy. The only people it would make happy are the lunatics that want to have sex with dead people. But legalizing it would cause unhappiness to society since it causes diseases to spread. And furthermore, the governments main focus (if at all) is not on the happiness of the people. Governments have to think of the society as a whole and not just on the very few people out there that want special privileges. You also make the assumption that there will be many people would be willing to pay for such a service.

FullForce forfeited this round.

I will pass this round to make things fair.

FullForce forfeited this round.

Nothing more to say.
Posted by Dexbenabid 9 months ago
It could be allowed if you manage to find a person who would sign a document assesting that you have the right to make love with her or his corpse But taking an unknown corpse and making love to them is unbearable and should be punished by death.
Posted by FullForce 9 months ago
@MagicAintReal Well no, two people are acting in it, whether they want to or not, or they're dead or alive. It's pretty obvious what I mean.
Posted by sara_ann_dee 9 months ago
I want to accept this debate, please.
Posted by sara_ann_dee 9 months ago
I want to accept this debate, please.
Posted by BenDusk 9 months ago
While bizarre, i recommend against necrophilia, but it cannot feel, experience, ETC. While a bit morbid and disturbing, I'd just say "whatever floats your boat". There is no feeling on the deceased's end because the person is deceased. People would say is desecrating a body, but the body is simply a body, a mass of rotting flesh. While it is disturbing, and I choose not to think about it, people simply should not be thrown behind bars for it. It is nothing more than rotting flesh mass. You can do whatever you want to my body when I die because I'll be gone by then. Where I go, who knows?
Posted by MagicAintReal 9 months ago
Is robbery a trade?
Is an assassination a deadly battle?
Is you yelling at someone a conversation?
Rape is not sex, because only one is acting on it; sex takes at least two.
Posted by MagicAintReal 9 months ago
Ok, if you argue with someone, and they don't say or convey ANYTHING back to you, is it a debate?
Or is it just one side talking?

Conversely, if you penetrate a corpse and they aren't acting on it with you is it sex?
Or is it just one side masturbating into an orifice?
Posted by FullForce 9 months ago
@MagicAintReal Rape is sex. Regardless, I plan on addressing that in my arguments.
Posted by FullForce 9 months ago
I'll probably challenge someone in a day or two (I have some stuff to do until then).
Posted by MagicAintReal 9 months ago
Having sex is an interpersonal thing, which requires the other person's consent.
Even if you raped a corpse, it's not having sex, because having sex requires's just rape.
The resolution should read, it should be legal to rape a corpse; like a debate, having sex requires two people acting on it.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 9 months ago
Who won the debate:-Vote Checkmark
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff. According to the rules, this results in an automatic loss.