MonochromeEffigy
Bill_Henly

Necrophilia should be legal

Bill_Henly has forfeited round #2.

MonochromeEffigy

Pro

I've done a debate like this before, but it's been several months, so I thought I'd try it again.

I strongly believe that necrophilia ought to be legal. I will admit, I am a necrophiliac, so I am somewhat biased regarding this subject. I've heard the arguments against the legalization of necrophilia, and I've heard the proposed solutions to the problems. I'm going to expound upon what I believe to be the ideal system in which to practice necrophilia.

To
begin with, allow people the option to leave their body to necrophilia. Once someone has decided to leave their body to necrophilia, they receive a form to fill out, further specifying what they’re okay with concerning their body’s exact usage (for example, some people might be perfectly fine with having someone make love to their body, but not with having someone mutilate it). Then, when the person dies, their body is sent to a facility where it’s checked for diseases that could potentially be transferred to the living and properly cared for. The body is then put into an online database (kind of like online dating for necrophiliacs), including the information from the form that the deceased filled out, the results of the tests to check for diseases (which means that it’s informed consent for the necrophiliacs) and a current photograph (because we want to know how long our prospective lovers have been dead, regardless of whether we like them fresh or not so fresh). When a necrophiliac finds a body that suits their needs and preferences, it’s transported to them. Once they’re done with it, the body is returned to the facility (assuming it’s in any shape to be reused), checked for diseases again, and put back into storage so that it can be reused.

Thus, this system would eliminate the issues of consent (the person consented to precisely what is happening to their body) and sanitation (the body's are kept in a sanitary environment, and the necrophiliac is informed of the risks before beginning their endeavor), the two biggest real arguments against necrophilia.
Bill_Henly

Con

That's not what God meant for us to do. You respect a dead body and don't humiliate it. If you do something like that to a body you will be sent to hell.
MonochromeEffigy

Pro

First of all, I don't believe in god, and I don’t believe in hell. Secondly, regardless of that, the law is separate from religion, and since the law is separate from religion, religious ideas are irrelevant to a discussion of what should and should not be legal. If you allowed religion to influence laws, the legal system would collapse, because different religions have different rules, and the law would contradict itself if it tried to accommodate all of them. If the legal system collapsed, the government would have no way to control the people, which would result in anarchy. If that were to happen everything would be legal, including necrophilia.

Necrophilia, under the system I described, is in no way disrespectful to the dead body, since the person consented to precisely what is being done to it. In addition, nobody can humiliate a dead body. The definition of humiliate is ‘to make (a person) suffer by lessening his dignity or self-esteem’ (New Webster’s Dictionary And Thesaurus of the English Language). A corpse cannot suffer, as it is dead. It also has no self-esteem, and its dignity is left intact if the person consented before they died.
Posted by MonochromeEffigy 4 months ago
MonochromeEffigy
@ What50
It's difficult to get statistics of necrophiliacs but it's not impossible, by any means. If necrophilia was legal more people would probably be willing to admit it if they are necrophiliacs, so that would make it easier. I figure the supply will work itself out. It'll probably take a few years, but I think it will get there. As for paying people, I still have to figure that out, but I'm certain it can be done.
Posted by What50 4 months ago
What50
I have a question, how can you supply the amount of people allow to consent if you don't have any statistics of necrophiliacs out there? Also, how will you get the money to pay for the people to check those bodys.
Posted by MonochromeEffigy 4 months ago
MonochromeEffigy
@ Bitch_Goddess
Actually, necrophilia is legal in some places, even in some states. I've only had sex with a corpse once, and it was nonconsensual, but it was in Louisiana, and I found the corpse (I didn't kill anybody or dig it up), so it was legal. I wouldn't do it again, since it wasn't consensual, but at the time I hadn't even thought through the issue of consent at all.
Posted by Bitch_Goddess 4 months ago
Bitch_Goddess
Well, it's certainly not legal currently. So what I'm curious to know is how you've been having these sexual relations with corpses (since you stated you are a necrophiliac)? Have you been having sex with unconsented corpses?
Posted by MonochromeEffigy 4 months ago
MonochromeEffigy
@ Accipiter
One doesn't, because one will be arrested if one is caught. This is why I want necrophilia to be legal.
Posted by MonochromeEffigy 4 months ago
MonochromeEffigy
@ FanboyMctroll
I don't think I've broken that law at all. How is supporting the legalization of necrophilia a hate crime?
Posted by FanboyMctroll 4 months ago
FanboyMctroll
The morgue or Doctors college, some nice cold stiffs for you there LOL
Posted by Accipiter 4 months ago
Accipiter
Necrophilia? I"d like to try it! Where does one go to find dead bodies to have sex with?
Posted by FanboyMctroll 4 months ago
FanboyMctroll
You will be arrested under Section 249 of the Hate Crime Act for inciting criminal behavior applicant to this act.

I think I hear the sirens coming your way. Run!!!
Posted by MonochromeEffigy 4 months ago
MonochromeEffigy
You can't get rid of me that easily. We have freedom of speech. They can't arrest me.