kasavayal
tothergnome

Negative impact of cinema

Started: 1/6/2017 Category: Movies

kasavayal

Pro

Now cinema is considered by many as an indispensable entertainment. But the negative impact of cinema is not given adequate propaganda. In a peirod of 2-3 hours, people are made to undergo a variety of emotions. In this type of story telling. multiple emotions are packed in a short duration. Viewers are exposed to romance,rivalry, grief, vengeance, savage fighting , cheap comedy and many other features in 2-3 hours. Is this desirable from psychological point of view. Let some psychologists and psychiatrists answer.
tothergnome

Con

To begin with, here all of the keywords:
Cinema-a theatre where films are shown for public entertainment.
Film-a theatre where films are shown for public entertainment.
To begin with, why should a form of public entertainment that have no negative effects on anyone be negative. Secondly, linking to that point, it's a form of entertainment that can be afforded by everyone in the society. It's a nice place to take kids on a holiday to, or maybe a date. I know lots of different alternatives to cinema but these can get boring very quickly.
kasavayal

Pro

The points raised by me have not been answered. It is desirable that some psychologists respond
tothergnome

Con

The user is subject to their emotions, if you're going to watch an 18+ movie, you know your going to be subject to more emotion than a PG movie. But that isn't negative so I don't get your point.

kasavayal

Pro

Is it desirable to subject people to so many type emotions in a short span of 2-3 hours? cinema is made primarily for making quick bucks. In the process the producers are not worried about the negative impact on people. Attracting people to watch the movies by some gimmicks or the other is the mod-us operand i of movie makers. In fact cinema is the greatest distraction taking people away from reality.
Still I expect some psychologists to respond the query.
tothergnome

Con

You have made some points that are not linked to today's world, here are examples:

1: 'cinema is made primarily for making quick bucks.' Well isn't every company that exists today trying to make profit? Even schools want to make profit. We are (like it or not) living in an age of capitalism.

2: 'Viewers are exposed to romance,rivalry, grief, vengeance, savage fighting , cheap comedy and many other features in 2-3 hours.' Look at games, for example GTAV. You are exposed to even more emotions then that in that game and it can be featured for way more than 2-3 hours and GTAV is much more gruesome than any movie I've ever seen in my life.

Now to simply awnser the question, whilst you are exposed to seperate emotions, please be aware that the more violent the movie gets, the more age restricted it will be and most of the exposure in cinemas are visible in our lives anyway.
Posted by kasavayal 1 year ago
kasavayal
Debates should unravel truth. It is not meant for showing somebody's argumentative capability. One crime cannot justify another crime. All undesirable activities should be condemned. Talking of reality will not help in finding solutions. We must aim towards idealism. Let us not divert the subject. The subject cinema and its negative impact cannot be denied.
Posted by Dirty-Morgs 1 year ago
Dirty-Morgs
Vote for me on my debate should weeaboos be baned I say they should be spread the word