KJVPrewrather
tristanbaltazor

Net neutrality.

Updated: 3 weeks ago Status: Post Voting Period

KJVPrewrather

Pro

Net neutrality is the concept that the internet should remain neutral and not be dictasted by content or money.
tristanbaltazor

Con

I think the Internet would still remain neutral. Why? The Internet is capitalist more so without government control on how people charge you for services. The only thing net neutrality really did was prevent a provider from charging you for certain apps or other services like debate.org. Just like with cable or DirectTV you must pay more for better quality content or shows like NFL Sunday Ticket you pay more for more. So, if Sprint charges more for services like YouTube why not go to Verizon where YouTube is free.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

I'm not asking for a government takeover, but there should be some reugulation to ensure equality for all parties, including conservatives. Everyone benefits from an open internet. What do you think net neutrality is?
tristanbaltazor

Con

One thing I have noticed since net neutrality began in 2015 was that conservatives were ostracized in a lot of social media platforms, which is why they have turned to sights that they pay for where they are not interfered with at all. In a way net neutrality has opened it up for large social media sites were able to almost block conservative content without anyone having a say in it. Which is why they support it so much as well as why they show the negative to net neutrality so often. Finally, net neutrality just prevents companies from charging you for certain items like giving YouTube unlimited power to ISPs without having to pay.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

Nope. You don't get to play the victim. I'm a moderate, so I think both sides are crazy and ostracize each other. Everyone benefits from net neutrality.
tristanbaltazor

Con

Where is your rebuttal in that? We cannot have a debate when someone just throws an opinion out without any evidence, I just showed you how it is not fair and all you have is "I am a moderate therefore net neutrality is fair." I do not know if you took the time to do some research but I am a moderate as well but I still believe it harms small business and conservatives, so please give me something to work off of next time.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

Do you have any non partisan evidence contradicting net neutrality? Do you know what it even measns?
tristanbaltazor

Con

I have told you what net neutrality means two times now. I also do not have to be partisan, this is a debate for a reason. Please, actually try to have a reasonable argument in this final round, other than me being partisan or asking for the meaning.
KJVPrewrather

Pro

No, you have shared your opinion. Net neutrality means a neutral internet.
tristanbaltazor

Con

No It does not, I have spoon fed you reasons to why it is not, but you do not make a rebuttal to my claims. Therefore it is obvious you could not make a rebuttal to my argument in any of the rounds. I recommend you learn how debating works, rather than just saying what you think without any supporting evidence.
Posted by B0NE_DUDE 3 weeks ago
B0NE_DUDE
Net Neutrality is simply an ideal.
The internet is a different creature, even a house of cards would be a decent description.
Talking about the internet like it actually exists or is run by anyone is ignorant.
Computers themselves will become the internet in the future and will feel more like a retail experience.