FagicMellow
AlexanderOc

Next Gen is very boring!

AlexanderOc
Started: 6/25/2014 Category: Games

FagicMellow

Pro

This is meant to be about why, for me, "next-gen" this time around is just so boring. If you disagree, please I will gladly prove you wrong. (Sorry I am getting a bit cocky.) Whoever challenges me, good luck and may the best win.

Xbox One, the "next-gen" experience!
PlayStation 4, it's for the players!
Wii U, it's for... umh... (i am a big Nintendo fan, so disappointed in them)

Is it just me, or are those quotes bulls***? Cool, new graphics. Now what are the new features?
Xbox - Your next gen gaming experience is watching Tv! Also, Kinect!
PlayStation - Virtual Reality (I have to admit, that is pretty cool, but I will explain why this
isn't a step in the right direction)
Wii U - You get a tablet thing?
What are you guys doing over there? These are really the next gen experiences? (I know, your probably thinking that Virtual Reality is next gen, but it isn't really that good. I'll explain why in a sec). Let me put the consoles in their own categories.

Xbox
The Xbox One (Xbone for short) hasn't made anything special really. I mean, if your a gamer, I am surprised you watch Tv, and even if you do, you are barely going to use your Xbox to watch Tv. I mean what is the point, they should remove all these features of Tv and sell a console that only plays games and make it cheaper. There isn't really anything new that comes to the table of gaming for Xbox, I mean I guess trigger rumble counts? The games though, I haven't seen any exclusive (yet) that has held my interest. In fact, other than Rainbow Six: Siege, there is no game that makes me want to buy an Xbox or any next gen console.

Ps4

Ps4 has way more things that easily makes it better than the Xbone, but that doesn't mean it is exciting. Now, let me explain why Virtual Reality isn't really that exciting for me. Sure, it's cool finally being inside of a game at least with your eyes. But it is going to get old, fast. First off, how many games are going to support Project Morpheus?mI don't know how many, but I am a bit concerned about this. (Im going to start calling Project Morpheus 'PM') Would you rather look around with your head or use a controller (I mean like it would eventually get tiring looking around you)? How long will it take until you get sick and can't play with PM until you feel better? This would be an issue because then you then cant play for long periods of time without taking a break. What about the price? This is the most concerning part of PM, since the price might be too expensive. The price of the Oculus Rift is $350, which is quite expensive. Now we are not too sure about the price of PM, but we do know that is going to be similar to the Oculus Rift. The price of the Oculus Rift is quite expensive, so if you are getting a Ps4 because of PM, you will pay for the Ps4, a few games (maybe 2 or 3) and PM. So $480(Ps4) + $350(PM) + $150 and up (Games) = $980+ (if you count the games) and $830 (no games included). That is pretty expensive for the average console gamer. The only few games where the PM would be good is in horror games, and to be honest, there isn't very many developers making horror games on console. Oh, I almost forgot that you can use the Playstation Move. So again, the price, if you add the playstation move controllers ($70) would be $1050 (with games) and $900 (without games). This is way too much for a console gamer, unless the consumer is dedicated enough to buy all this equipment.

Wii U
The Wii U is pretty cool actually... if it had any games! What the hell, it been over 3 years and still, no games that (excluding the ones announced at E3 2014) make the Wii U a must own for gamers. I haven't touched my Wii U for weeks now, since it was (and still is) lack of exclusive games for it, infact games in general. This is pretty bullcrap, as much as I am a fanboy of Nintendo, even I can't stand this sh**. I mean, I guess the price point is the best part about it, because it is the cheapest put of the three consoles, but not only that, but it is the only console with free online now. E3 though has finally made me excited to own a Wii U. And not only that, but the recent Mario Kart 8 is a fantastic entry in the franchise. E3 brought us the anticipated new Zelda game, another Zelda game called Hyrule Warriors (but to be honest, it isn't a Zelda game in my opinion since there is no dungeons or puzzles), the new Kirby game, a new shooting game that isn't all about shooting each other (and I am excited for it) and many many more.

E3 2014 was pretty disappointing in my opinion though. Nintendo did fabtastic, but there wasn't any games that caught my eye other than Rainbow Six: Siege. But E3 for me is all about the new exclusive games for the consoles, and for Ps4 and Xbox, it wasn't filled with many exclusives. Although, third party developers had lots to show, but most of those games (at least for me) aren't all that good looking. Assassin's Creed Unity looks like the same old stuff with an added coop that the franchise did not need (at least not yet). Farcry 4 looks fun, but nothing too exciting. The new Aliens game looks ok, but I am not into horror games. Mortal Kombat X was pretty good, but there wasn't really many new things about this game, other than "next gen" graphics. And thats it really (I can't think of any other games right now, but there is more), nothing too exciting unless you love Nintendo, but yeah.

Next gen, in my opinion isn't really anything to be excited for. Look at the Ps1, it was one of the first consoles to make games on a disk. Ps2 and Xbox introduced online multiplayer to console gamers. Ps3 and Xbox 360 put games into HD and started to make games that were more story driven and started to turn games into a form of art. And then there is the Ps4 and Xbox One, that brought us a way to watch Tv and Virtual Reality (at the cost of your wallet). I don't really like next gen, so I might stick to PC, or maybe I might buy a Xbox One to play with my friends that can't afford PCs, I dunno, I but I can't see what the whole fuss over next gen is all about. I just think it is dumb and unexciting, a cheap excuse to make us cash over our money, just so we can play games.
AlexanderOc

Con

http://dictionary.reference.com...

Boring is defined as the act or process of making or enlarging a hole.

Con has BoP and has failed to relate Next-Gen to making/enlargine a hole.

I await Pro's rebuttal.
FagicMellow

Pro

Wow, just wow. You know what I mean by boring. By boring, I mean very disappointing, not making a hole or whatever you said.
AlexanderOc

Con

In his previous argument opponent made a correction in the definition of boring.

In any debate it is important to define all subjective words in the resolution in order to avoid any confusion.
However, there is still a problem with his definition. Disappointing is subjective, not objective. Since it is impossible to prove/falsify a subjective claim, my opponent has already failed to fulfill his burden of proof.

Were I to cross examine Pro's statement, I would only have the option to site reasons why the Next Generation of gaming consoles is boring, but Pro could simply say he disagrees with me since there was no objective evidence to support my argument.

So I am in a position right now where Pro has left me unable to counter his fiirst argument. Therefore, Pro has set me up to lose in the middle of this debate. That is a conduct violation at best.
FagicMellow

Pro

FagicMellow forfeited this round.
AlexanderOc

Con

All arguments extended.
FagicMellow

Pro

FagicMellow forfeited this round.
FagicMellow

Pro

FagicMellow forfeited this round.
AlexanderOc

Con

Finally extended.
Posted by AlexanderOc 2 years ago
AlexanderOc
Only 180 more days until voting period ends...
Posted by FagicMellow 2 years ago
FagicMellow
PC is the only one out of the 4 main places to play game that is exciting. Since the Oculus Rift will support (and already is supporting) many games, and especially horror games since horror games is very big for PC gamers. And the price doesn't matter, for PC gamers, because if you are a PC gamer, you have already commited to the hardware and spent lots of money, meaning that you will commit alot more in the future (like buying an Oculus Rift).
Posted by PartTimeHipster 2 years ago
PartTimeHipster
PC is still good, though. I know you weren't talking about that, but it IS getting better slowly.
Posted by AlexanderOc 2 years ago
AlexanderOc
In my first cross, I made a grave mistake.

Con has failed to relate next-gen to making/enlarging a hole.

Should be...
Pro has failed to relate next-gen to making/enlarging a hole.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
FagicMellowAlexanderOcTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff. con is troll
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
FagicMellowAlexanderOcTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by LDPOFODebATeR0328 2 years ago
LDPOFODebATeR0328
FagicMellowAlexanderOcTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.