KPBOSSMAN47
K.GKevinGeary

Next Years NBA Finals will be a Rematch.

K.GKevinGeary
Started: 6/26/2012 Category: Sports

KPBOSSMAN47

Pro

OK so here is my argument

Next year in the NBA, we will see a rematch of this year's finals. The Miami Heat vs. the Oklahoma City Thunder. It is almost impossible to say the that anyone but the Miami Heat will win the East, and even though I'm a huge Lakers fan, I believe the same goes to the West.There are just simply the two best TEAMS in the NBA.
K.GKevinGeary

Con

1. Stating that the Heat will play OKC again is a prediction not at fact. So stating that the finals next year will be a rematch is a prediction unless someone can see into the future and know for sure that the finals next year will be a rematch. I am skeptical of anyone who can look into the future. By affirming that the finals will be a rematch is nothing more than an opinion and a well prediction.

2. Any team or any player can be good or bad on any given night. The Heat can win against Chicago one night and loose to the worst team with the worst record for the 2012- 2013 season on another night. It does happen. Lets say out of 7 nights the heat are having a off period 4 of the nights. Well their eliminated. Same goes for any other team.

3 Things happen in the NBA. What would happen if Lebron was injured and out for the season. Or lets say Lebron and Wade get hurt for an extended period of time. That can be the same situation for any team perhaps OKC. Injuries also imply to all teams of all sports. An injury can shred a team apart. I.E. Rose getting hurt. Without Rose Chicago did not look like a team with Rose on it. If Durant gets hurt OKC is missing a player that was the second highest scorer in the NBA (Lebron 1) and that can impact the team. Even if a player from the bench gets hurt that hurt effects the team. The team can be likened to a machine. All the parts need to work for the machine to work properly. Sure some parts that are not working right can be picked up with slack from other players. But Like Chicago's machine loosing Rose that can impact the dynamic of the machine and how it functions.

4. I like to state that my opponent stating that the finals next year will be a rematch is just a good guess. Or if anything an excellent conviction. OKC is a young team generally early 20s. They have been there once and I'm sure that OKC will be there next year in the playoffs. There fundamentally a great team same goes to the Heat. But what I question is how can anyone know who will be playing in the finals next year. That is just a guess and a probaliity that the two will meet again in the finals (which would be a interesting series).

5. What would happen if U.S. society was destroyed? The NBA would not exist. Society's are a thin and can be easily be manipulated or destroyed. Empires have been destroyed in history. Society the same. Perhaps the NBA will not even exist if that was the case. I'm not affirming that society will disintegrate but it could happen just like how next years finals could happen. It could happen it is not 100 percent probable it will happen.

6. If my opponent presents past statistics in the next round that statistically show how good the teams are (which is true) does not tell much about what can happen. For example. OKC and the San Antonio Series OKC was the underdog by a good amount of points. Statistically OKC was the underdog so many thought they would loose however that was not the case as OKC won the series (which I was happy about OKC is a team that likes to run. Not a boring team in my book to watch).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

7. Any team can take the East or the West with some luck and some good balling. Heat can win it the Knicks can win the East or the Celtics or Chicago or Atlanta and on on and same for the West can clynch the conference.

8 Nobody knows or can prove that the finals will be a rematch. But someone can make an assumption. But an assumption is only that and does not fuffil the bop that the next years finals will be a rematch.

9. I thank my opp. for the debate. Hopefully if my opp's assumption is correct (only time will tell) hopefully OKC will make it more competitive I was a bit disappointed with OKC's performance but I can not wait to watch the young guns run like the 02-03-04 NJ Nets (unfortunately my team)

KPBOSSMAN47

Pro

KPBOSSMAN47 forfeited this round.
K.GKevinGeary

Con

extend the opening by the con.

10 Upsets happen all the time in sports. Can a team upset the OKC? Can a team upset the Heat? Those two previous clauses are more probable in a season than to state that the finals will be a rematch and stating anything else is not "impossible" but my assumption is more probable than my opp's calculation. I do not mean to batter the Heat or OKC. They are good teams. But plenty of things can happen to those teams and other teams that can petter their crowns of the east and the west (as well as King James). It is copious to think that trades that make a Western team that is already good, better can transpire. Same with an Eastern team that is fundamentally apt.

The statement that "next years finals will be a rematch" by the words bundled up is ungallant to even state with firm riotousness. Please watch more sports and comprehend that teams that are far from the Heat's fervor can go all the way achieving the highest trophy. That applys to any sports. From H.S. to little league all the way up to the NBA, NHL, teams in China, etc.
KPBOSSMAN47

Pro

KPBOSSMAN47 forfeited this round.
K.GKevinGeary

Con

extend...
Posted by K.GKevinGeary 4 years ago
K.GKevinGeary
d will aint going to dallas. hes going to brooklyn first for next season. Hes already commited and stated that he is commited to the brooklyn nets..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Posted by Apollo.11 4 years ago
Apollo.11
not if*
Posted by Apollo.11 4 years ago
Apollo.11
And it's IF he comes to Dallas, it's when! :)
Posted by Apollo.11 4 years ago
Apollo.11
@stubs Dwight won't attract D Will. It'll be the other way around. D will is a free agent right now. Dwight resigned with Orlamdo for another season. So unless he is traded (who will Orlando take from the Rockets or Dwight freaking Howard? Dwight will likely follow D Will unless deron signs with a tea, that doesn't have enough of a payroll for both (like the Mavs).
Posted by stubs 4 years ago
stubs
It all depends on the off season. If heat get Ray Allen (I think they will) then they will win the east. The rockets are making a push to get Dwight which they are hoping will attract D-Will. If that happens rockets become one of the favorites. If D-Will goes to Dallas then Dallas will be one of the favorites.
Vote Placed by ldcon 4 years ago
ldcon
KPBOSSMAN47K.GKevinGearyTied
Reasons for voting decision: I know little about basketball, but pro ff'd, so I can still vote. Go Con!