breeandash4shizzle
studentathletechristian8

Nick Jonas Should be President

studentathletechristian8

breeandash4shizzle

Pro

I stand in firm affirmation of this resoultion. It is time for change.
According to USNEWS, Nickki schwabd states,
Pop superstar Nick Jonas of the Jonas Brothers hinted that he wouldn't mind spending a lot more time in Washington: "I always had this dream that I would become president one day," he said to a chorus of giggles coming from the dozens of tween girls who came to see him speak at the National Press Club today, "2040 to be exact." And who could blame him? The 16-year-old has gotten a pretty fabulous tour of Washington thus far. First, over inauguration, the Jonas Brothers were invited to play a private acoustic set at the White House for Sasha and Malia Obama and friends. Then, Nick Jonas was invited in June to testify before Congress on type 1 diabetes alongside actress Mary Tyler Moore, a longtime advocate for people with juvenile diabetes. "I was a little nervous when I spoke," he admitted. "But it was great to see that it went over well." He returned today as one of the youngest speakers ever to talk from the Press Club podium and again described what it's like to live with type 1 diabetes to the mostly young crowd. While diabetes was the main topic, he revealed other things, too, which got some shrieks of glee from the packed audience: He's single, he would date a fan, and while meeting President Obama was "an honor," he'd rather have dinner with fellow musician Elvis Costello.
it is neccessary to have nick jonas as a president because we need to spice up our country. I urge and affirmative vote.
studentathletechristian8

Con

I stand in negation to the proposition, "Nick Jonas Should be President."

First, we shall assume (by my opponent's argumentation) that "President" refers to the office of President of the United States of America.

We shall also assume that the election of Nick Jonas would be in 2040, since my opponent directly cites this year.

Simply, my opponent has failed to provide proof or evidence that supplements the claim of advocating Nick Jonas's presidency.

He does not have political experience, the proper education, or appropriate, general requirements of a presidential elect.

Above all, Nick Jonas is a musician. He has become widely popular, and will probably stick with music for most of his life. Thus, he will not leave all of his fans in the music career to switch to the role of presidency. His discussions of diabetes and tours of Washington do not merit an acceptance of his potential presidency.

I rest my case. Thank you.
breeandash4shizzle

Pro

My opponent states that NIck Jonasdoesnt have proper political training or hasnt done anything to show that he will be successful in the future.
One of the comments on this debate brought up a very good fact stating that," Nick Jonas is sixteen, correct? So that means he has his life to go to a major college and learn about law and politics. He could then run for office in a state and then for president. Arnold Schwarzenegger (might be misspelled, but oh well) was an actor and became Governor of California. Now acting and music is not the same thing but they are both high level occupations and therefore to leave either one to go to a political position is a big change and thus proves that Nick can become President of the US."

Now to actually contribute to this fact,
I will say that Nick Jonas still has time to challenge new opportunities. Yes, he wants to keep singing and maybe even acting. Arnold Schwarzenegger acted in numerous movies and still was able to pursue a career in politics.

One thing to note is that you should never underestimate what the younger generations have in store.

And, my opponent said he will have to leave his fans if he becomes president. Who said he had to leave his fans he will still have his fans when he becomes president In fact,wouldn't he get more fans when he became president!? Yes.

An affirmative vote is the only way to go.
studentathletechristian8

Con

My opponent's quote at the beginning of her second argument only affirms the fact that Nick Jonas CAN become President of the United States. However, this debate is strictly regarding if he SHOULD be president. Thus, the quote is irrelevant.

Although Nick Jonas still has time to challenge new opportunities, it does not mean that he SHOULD be president; only that he CAN, which is irrelevant to the topic at hand.

I do not underestimate the younger generation. However, my opponent is not arguing the resolution.

The excerpt about fans really does not prove any side of the debate.

Once again, my opponent has failed to affirm the RESOLUTION. Thank you.
breeandash4shizzle

Pro

MY opponent keeps bring up the resoution itself saying that should and can are completely different. Well, from dictionary.com it states that
SHOULD= must, ought,used to express a future condition
CAN=am, are, or is able to, ought, can be in future

These definitions as you see are very simiilar, in fact should and can can be intertwined and have the same meaning.

My opponent agreed that Nick Jonas still has time to challenge new oppourtunities and this implies that he SHOULD be president.

Nick Jonas should be president to also be a voice to younger generation that were inspired by his music. If he was to be president he would make a great role model to show that you can be more than one thing in your lifetime.
hows that for affirming the resolution!?

there is no other way than to go affirmative. since the con case doesnt did agree tt younger generations can have an impact, then nick jonas SHOULD be president.
studentathletechristian8

Con

"SHOULD = must, ought, used to express a future condition
CAN = am, are, or is able to, ought, can be in future"

My opponent does not realize that "should" implies a moral obligation. My opponent has failed to provide a moral obligation as to why Nick Jonas should be president. Let's exclude this "obligation" and focus on the difference between "can" and "should."

For example:

I CAN kill my mom with a loaded gun.
I SHOULD kill my mom with a loaded gun.

The uses of "can" and "should" do not mean the same thing in the example whatsoever.
As a matter of fact, these two terms do not have very similar definitions, and they usually cannot be interwined. In regards to this debate, these two words are unable to be intertwined.

"My opponent agreed that Nick Jonas still has time to challenge new oppourtunities and this implies that he SHOULD be president."
It is obvious that Nick Jonas still has time to challenge new opportunities. This only implies that he CAN be president. In the future, I CAN become president as well. It does not matter if I do or not, but there is still that chance. It does not imply that Jonas SHOULD be president.

"Nick Jonas should be president to also be a voice to younger generation that were inspired by his music. If he was to be president he would make a great role model to show that you can be more than one thing in your lifetime.
hows that for affirming the resolution!?"
He should be president so he can speak out for a younger generation? My opponent's statement does nothing to affirm the resolution. He is speaking out RIGHT NOW for the younger generation by continuing to pursue his musical career. If he was president, he may be able to serve as a great role model. However, once again, this does not mean that he SHOULD be president. The character who played Michael Oher in "The Blind Side" was a great role model; thus, he should be president. Do you understand how silly that is? No offense, but you have yet to affirm the resolution.

"there is no other way than to go affirmative. since the con case doesnt did agree tt younger generations can have an impact, then nick jonas SHOULD be president."
My opponent has been unable to affirm the resolution. She is clearly misguided in the contrast of "can" and "should." I heavily urge a Con vote. Thank you.
Posted by PoeJoe 6 years ago
PoeJoe
This should have been a easy one for PRO. It's a shame.
Posted by studentathletechristian8 6 years ago
studentathletechristian8
Thanks.
Posted by Qetzlcoatl 6 years ago
Qetzlcoatl
Eh, didn't hurt. But you're right.
studentathletechristian8
It does not prove why Nick Jonas SHOULD be President, however. You have only provided a scenario in which Nick Jonas could end up becoming President. You are trying to prove something different. How about you let the debaters take this one?
Posted by Qetzlcoatl 6 years ago
Qetzlcoatl
For Pro's sake, Nick Jonas is sixteen, correct? So that means he has his life to go to a major college and learn about law and politics. He could then run for office in a state and then for president. Arnold Scwarzenegger (might be misspelled, but oh well) was an actor and became Governer of California. Now acting and music is not the same thing but they are both high level occupations and therefore to leave either one to go to a political position is a big change and thus proves that Nick can become President of the US.
Vote Placed by JackSpades64 6 years ago
JackSpades64
breeandash4shizzlestudentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by TheAndrewChild 6 years ago
TheAndrewChild
Vote Placed by tmoney226 6 years ago
tmoney226
Vote Placed by MissKayla 6 years ago
MissKayla
Vote Placed by atheistman 6 years ago
atheistman