Nickleback vs. U2

Started: 2/12/2013 Category: Arts

I would like to thank TDK for accepting this debate. Let's explain the rules.
Pro= Nickleback
Con= U2
Must post 1 song a round and then must explain why it is better then the song posted by their opponet (except for pro round 1 for obvious reasons.)
You must post why you like the song.
You must post song name and band.
No cussing outside of the songs
No insulting the other debater.
If any rules are violated all 7 points go to the opponet.

How You Remind Me- Nickleback

I like this song, because it was introduced to me during my early childhood and that made me like this song. This song is also what got me to like Nickleback. The best part of the song, in my opinion, is the first verse, because those words are true for many people. The chorus comes in a quick second and that's because of it's greatness. When you break down the chorus it shows a man who misjudged someone and that he is trying to make it up.

Now it's TDK's turn.

I would also like to Thank lannan for issuing this fun debate.

My song for this round is Vertigo.

This song hit the top of the charts in the U.S.. And i know why. I grew up on U2 music. When I was much younger my mother, a U2 fan from there foundation, took me to a concert. This was the opening song I heard. I still remember it vividly because of the guitar music performed by Edge (the lead guitarist). This song is light and smooth. Great for the start of a concert. U2 likes to start slow and work towards the grand finally.

Photograph- Nickleback ;

The reason I love this song is that it makes me think about my past. It's a good song for deep thought and rememberance. Ever since my father and mom had gotten a divorse and he moved to Texas... this song had always reminded me of him. It's a nice relaxing song that many can enjoy.

My song for this round is Beautiful Day.

This song is a great one to wake up to. It lets me know that even if im not in the best shape I can still moe for ward into a Beautiful Day. My fondest memory of this song is when I was traveling from Springfield to Little Rock. We were on the way to the Children's Hospital when my Mom put this song on. We sang and listened to this song for a while and it brought our spirits up.

I thank this song for being there in my time of need. I hope "U" like it "2".

Next Contestant- Nickleback.
The reason I like this song is because it has a bit of a bounce in it. This is a song that many people, when they are dating, can relate to. A lot of people don't like people hitting on their girlfriends. The song itself is the sole reason on why I bought the Nickleback's All the Right Reasons album, but there are other songs on there I like that you will see later on in this debate. Toward the end of the song it get's that far off fealing that has me relaxed.

Ok if this song doesn't prove that U2 is the most awesome band in the world then I dont know what will. I hit the middle of this debate with Elevation!!!

This song was the theme to Lara Croft Tomb Raider. It premiered in the Bonus Features and hit #3 in the UK song charts.
This song gives me an awesome feeling when everything slows down. A feeling like I can control time and space and, for once, I make a difference.
Watch this video and marvel at its awesomeness.

If Everyone Cared- Nickleback

I kick off round 4 with If everyone Cared. This song is pretty relaxing and the most relaxing of all Nickleback songs. This song sends a good message as well. The message tells us to go out and change the world and we will have peace. It's very modivational to me and many others, but is it modivational to you?

My next song is one about searching for love. We may have experiences with a girl while your in a relationship, but the hardest part is finding the right person in the beginning.

This is one of my favorite songs by U2.
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

The beat goes with the heart. Enjoy the beautiful melody and great guitar music.

Just Gettin' High- Nickleback

The reason I like this song is, because it has actualy happened to me. That's right folks! One of my friends had turned to the evil of drugs and he once was a nice guy, but then he started to get distant from others and was buying drugs and selling them. Then one day I caught him smoking pot and I reported him after I gave him a chance to get ridd of "the goods" but he denied me, so I called the cops. The song itself is a little rough but that's what makes the song fun.

I end this debate with a tribute to my mom. She loves U2, as you know, and this is her favorite song. She danced to it at her wedding and sings it in the car. We heard it at the concert and is on mp3 5 time. I love you mom.

This song is Pride (in the name of love).
Posted by thedebatekid 3 years ago
Bull, what is wrong with these bands? Just because we choose bands that you dont particularly listen to doesn't make the bad.
Posted by Buddamoose 3 years ago
"If everyone cared"

Wut... *facepalm*
Posted by Bull_Diesel 3 years ago
Wow... there is a lot of suck in this debate. I don't think either of you are even following the format/rules lannan laid out... We seem to be having a spelling and grammar suck-off, and Both of these bands are garbage. That said, U2 is about 1000 times better than that other garbage band, so, while choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil, my 1-2 points will likely go to TDK here.. can't wait to see the next round
Posted by thedebatekid 3 years ago
I believe you may be someone who like "c"rap or another form a of "music". There may be an argument against your statement. What do you believe to be music?
Posted by ockcatdaddy 3 years ago
how about neither they both suck and are the worst bands ever in the history of music they wouldnt know music if it was slapping them in the face
Posted by thedebatekid 3 years ago
I know. There my favorite band.
Posted by JohnnyC 3 years ago
U2 are perfect.