PinkSheep123
PowerPikachu21

Nightmare Chica Versus Springtrap Springtrap=pro Nightmare Chica=con

Started: 2/25/2016 Category: Technology

PinkSheep123

Con

I think that Nightmare Chica would destroy Springtrap for three reasons
1. Nightmare Chica is stealthier
2. Springtrap is too beat up to do much good against another animatronic
3. Nightmare Chica is faster, stronger, and creepier looking
PowerPikachu21

Pro

I have been away from this site for 2 months or so. (Ever since my "Heaven and Hell do not exist" debate) I am sorry for accepting this debate challenge at the last 5 hours. But, let's get into this.

First, we must confirm the resolution. Judging from the title, and Con's round 1 argument, the resolution is "Who would win in a fight: Springtrap from Five Nights at Freddy's 3, or Nightmare Chica from Five Nights at Freddy's 4". I'm on the side suggesting Springtrap would win, and my opponent is for Nightmare Chica.

I want to take a look at the opposing case, and see how it'll hold up.

Rebuttal:

Point 1: Nightmare Chica is stealthier

Con has yet to present proof of this. How is Nightmare Chica stealthy? The mechanics of FNAF 4 are very different from the first 3 games. In FNAF 4, you don't have cameras, and must rely mainly on sound, closing your doors when hearing breathing.

Because of the different mechanics, we can't be sure if Nightmare Chica is stealthier than Springtrap.

Point 2: Springtrap is too beat up to take on other animatronics.

I concede that Springtrap is a bit worn down, and we don't know for sure how much he can endure. But also, consider FNAF is a horror game, with different physics from real life. In real life, animatronics are fragile, and break down easily from a simple bump. We can see this isn't the case in FNAF, and the animatronics can run around as they please, and they don't break down so easily.

In conclusion of this point, there isn't any real way to test the durability of any of the animatronics, especially Springtrap. But keep in mind he's not so fragile he breaks down by just walking around.

Point 3: Chica is stronger, faster, and scarier.

Let's take a look at these qualities one at a time.

Scarier: This is irrelevant, as Springtrap wouldn't be fazed by Nightmare Chica, although he might be a bit intimidated.

Stronger: There isn't any evidence suggesting this. Keep in mind that in FNAF 4, Nightmare Chica is going against a child, which is more helpless than a security guard, like the ones from FNAF 1, 2, and 3.

Faster: Where is Con's evidence? There is a map cheat in FNAF 4, showing a 3x3 set of rooms, and you don't see Chica moving as quickly as, say, Foxy. There's more rooms in FNAF 3, and Springtrap moves quite fast in Nightmare Mode/Night 6: https://www.youtube.com... (1 AM, Springtrap already got to Mark, and Springtrap starts in Cam 10.)

My final conclusion of Con's arguments is that it's very lacking in evidence. Without any proof of your claims, they are only assertions and nothing more.

Now for my argument:

Point 1: Springtrap's strong points

- Springtrap is very knowledgeable on the subject of the Freddy Fazbear franchise (the place you work for in FNAF 1 and 2). He knows how every animatronic works, especially the yellow spring lock suits (Golden Freddy and Springtrap). This is because Springtrap used to be a member of the franchise; a security guard.

According to Phone Guy, there is a safe room that is invisible to the cameras and animatronics, and few staff members know of its existence. The Purple Man knew of the safe room, so he takes advantage of this by placing the yellow Bonnie suit (Springtrap) in there, and lures children into this room, only to stuff them into animatronic suits.

In order for the spring lock suits to be worn, you need to be precise. One false move, and you could die. In FNAF 3, Phone Guy talks about Spring lock suit failures, killing 2 staff members. These spring lock suits can only be used by few, such as Phone Guy, who knows how everything works. Phone Guy is the Purple Man, who, as I say over and over again, knows how everything works. He even knows a weakness of every animatronic.

Point 2: The sad truth of Nightmare Chica

Nightmare Chica is, simply, a nightmare, and nothing more. A nightmare as in the main character in FNAF 4 is in a coma, dreaming all of FNAF 4. After Night 5, the child your playing as, gets bitten by Fredbear. When looking at the bed, there is a chance you'll see things such as flowers, and medical equipment, meaning the player is actually in the hospital. Why would he be in a hospital? Because he got bit before Night 1. How come we're playing as the child? Because he's still alive, but in a coma after the bite.

Since Nightmare Chica is just a dream, and doesn't really exist, a battle can't really take place.

With that, on to Round 2. (I think he left already.)
PinkSheep123

Con

To refute my opponent's rebuttal:
No evidence that Nightmare Chica is stealthy, also game mechanics are different
Nightmare chica does not show up in the hallways, do to my consistent 2 years of playing time, during which I have made it up to night 8 in every FNAf, 5:00, and Nightmare Chica never showed up in the hallways unless doing her jumpscare. Alo, she has an added minion to kill the player with, known as the Cupcake. Also, she is the only animatronic to have a jumpscare in the hallway, making her much harder to avoid. Also, to counter the point that sound in FNAF 4 is the most important, many noobs or younger kids play the games without volume on so they do not get scared, and sound is also a major part in FNAF3, where Phone guy will also play a part in giving you helpful tips, and you can also hear Springtrap footsteps. Also, Pro is not debating about Foxy, instead debating about Springtrap. Whereas there is no way to test an animatronic's ability, I typed this fight into google fight and this result showed: Springtrap: 64 Nightmare Chica: 100. Also, Nightmare Chica may be going against a child, but since even regular and toy chica can kill a night watch person, imagine what strong, fierce, tall Nightmare Chica can do to a person(if not a hallucination). As I just said, there is evidence proving that all animatronics are hallucinations, so Springtrap cannot cannot hit him at all, and he could still startle Purple Guy's soul into cowardice, and regular chica or The Cupcake(Not a hallucination) can move in for the kill.
To refute opponent's point 1: Springtrap has many strong points
Refutation: Moves Slowly: Evidence:Actuall Gameplay, several youtube walkthroughs, and FNAF wiki"
Opponent point: Knows more, including every animatronic's weakness: refutation: As the springtrap suit, Purple Guy would not have been able to pull off those weaknesses on Nightmare Chica's cupcake, as he cannot do anything to chica
Point 2: Nightmare Chica is only a Nightmare, so she cannot do anything: Refutation: How does she kill the child then? She gives him a heart attack
She can do the same to Purple Guy's soul, and while he has paused the real Cupcake or Chica can come in and destroy the animatronic
One final note: FNAF wiki says chica is very active in the first 5 nights, and she is still fairly active after that. Also let's take a look at the jumpscares of all versions of Chica, Cupcake, and Springtrap:
Chica:Chica
Toy Chica:Toy Chica
Old Chica: Old Chica
Phantom Chica: Phantom Chica
Nightmare Chica: Nightmare Chica
Nightmare Chica's Cupcake: Chica's Cupcake
Jack O Chica: Jack O Chica
Jack O Chica's Pumpkin: Jack O Chica's Pumpkin
And Now, Springtrap's Lame Jumpscare: Springtrap
These Jumpscares Show how Lame Springtrap's is, and considering his is theslowest, indicating he has the hardest time killing the player
PowerPikachu21

Pro

When I started to read my opponent's argument, I see many facts he got wrong.

Rebuttal:

Point 1: Chica in the halls

"Nightmare chica does not show up in the hallways" I'm sure many Let's Players such as Markiplier and PewDiePie would disagree. When shining your flashlight, you can catch Nightmare Chica in the halls, not right in front of your door.

"do to my consistent 2 years of playing time, during which I have made it up to night 8 in every FNAf, 5:00," This statement does have flaws, but, unless I see it nessicary, I won't go into detail.

"Alo, she has an added minion to kill the player with, known as the Cupcake." The cupcake isn't another sentient being. It's just Chica's jumpscare when getting into your room; she throws the cupcake at you.

"Also, she is the only animatronic to have a jumpscare in the hallway, making her much harder to avoid." Recall Nightmare Bonnie. He comes through the left hallway, and can jumpscare you if you don't close the door on his breathing.

" Also, to counter the point that sound in FNAF 4 is the most important, many noobs or younger kids play the games without volume" And they die. A lot. I don't see how this is countering my claim. There aren't any cameras to keep track of the animatronics in FNAF 4.

And speaking of the lack of cameras, how well is Nightmare Chica's ambushes anyways? For all we know, Nightmare Chica breathes a little too heavily.

Point 2: The Middle of Con's defense

"and sound is also a major part in FNAF3, where Phone guy will also play a part in giving you helpful tips" Did you even play FNAF 3? The Phone Guy only gives you instructions in Night 1 in FNAF 3 telling you the basics. FNAF 3 also doesn't rely that heavily on using sound cues. You can play FNAF 3 muted! FNAF 4, however, relies on the player listening for breathing from the left and right doors, and closing them when needed.

"Also, Pro is not debating about Foxy, instead debating about Springtrap." I was only using that as an example to show how tough the animatronics are normally. Con can't prove Springtrap can go down easily, and how much easy it would be to take him down.

"Also, Nightmare Chica may be going against a child, but since even regular and toy chica can kill a night watch person, imagine what strong, fierce, tall Nightmare Chica can do to a person(if not a hallucination)." Hmm... Okay. We'll assume Nightmare Chica is real, just for the sake of the argument.

"As I just said, there is evidence proving that all animatronics are hallucinations, so Springtrap cannot cannot hit him at all" Nor can a ghost punch a guy in the face. This point is invalid. We will assume Nightmare Chica is real.

Defense:

Point 1: Springtrap's strong points

The main argument I made was that Springtrap/Purple Man knows everything about the animatronics.

"Moves Slowly" Well, an hour is 60 minutes, which is a long time. Point conceded.

"As the springtrap suit, Purple Guy would not have been able to pull off those weaknesses on Nightmare Chica's cupcake" Again, we will assume Nightmare Chica is real for the sake of the argument. We don't know what the cupcake's strengths are, nor do we even know if it can move on its own. If Springtrap somehow got that cupcake away from Chica, she wouldn't be as strong.

Again, a hallucination may not get hurt, but it can't hurt others either. So for the sake of the argument, we will assume Nightmare Chica exists.

Point 2: Responses to Nightmare Chica being a nightmare

Heart attack, I guess. So what's she going to do to Springtrap? Startle him to submission? (Actually, that would be a funny animation)

Point 3: Nightmare Chica's jumpscare

My opponent shows all of Chica's jumpscares through the generations. Original Chica, Toy Chica, Withered Chica, and Phantom Chica are not Nightmare Chica, therefore are completely irrelevant.

Jumpscares don't really show physical prowess, but I'll get into this.

Nightmare Chica goes straight for the kill. I concede this is a good tactic.

Springtrap only walks up to the player. The question is: What comes next? Springtrap walks slowly. So does quite a few horror movie villains. Instead of killing the player immediately, he lets the player know their time has come, before the finishing blow. Be ready, because you have no idea what he could do to you.

With that, I hand this debate back to the opponent.
PinkSheep123

Con

Offense
Opponent rebuttal to "do to my consistent 2 years of playing time, during which I have made it up to night 8 in every FNAF, 5:00", pro stated, "This statement does have flaws, but, unless I see it necessary, I won't go into detail". Where are the flaws? As for the purpose, it was to state my vast experience of playing the game, showing that I know a lot about it.

Opponent rebuttal#2: "The cupcake isn't another sentient being. It's just Chica's jumpscare when getting into your room; she throws the cupcake at you." The how do you explain the fact that the cupcake bounces and still continues towards you, while snapping it's jaws and moving independently?

Opponent Rebuttal#3: "Recall Nightmare Bonnie. He comes through the left hallway, and can jumpscare you if you don't close the door on his breathing." Where is Pro's proof? Without pro having a source, this merely a assertion or fan make.

Opponent Rebuttal #4: "And they die. A lot. I don't see how this is countering my claim. There aren't any cameras to keep track of the animatronics in FNAF 4." But if you check in the hallways you see animatronics in the hallways and they move out of the way. The only time you see Nightmare Chica in the hallways is if she is killing you.

Also, us debating about the fight as if Nightmare Chica was real counters one of your earlier points in round one, therefore handing round one to me.
Defense

Point One: Nightmare Chica is Shealthier
Evidence:Only shows up in hallways unless doing her jumpscare Player cannot shine flashlight without Chica killing them, making her very dangerous
Point Two: Springtrap is too beat up to last long
A bare endoskeleton cannot do much, and that is what he would end up becoming if he engaged in combat with another animatronic. Proof: Bare Endoskeleton easter egg, bare endoskeleton characters wander the pizzeria and even crawl in the vent, yet they do not attack the player. Springtrap may have a serious attack but it is melee, whereas Nightmare Chica has a ranged and melee attack, so chica could just stand back and send the Cupcake after him.
Point Three: Nightmare Chica is Stronger, Faster, and Creepier Looking
Faster, gets to the halway very quick, and very active during nights 1-5. Source: FNAF wikiStronger, made of steel and not falling aprat as much as Springtrap therefore giving Chica more power when she punches or bites.Creepier Looking, All her elongated teeth and claws will boost her strength and attack, therefore proving points number 2 and 3.
I have succesfully stated my points with valid sources behing them, refuted all of Pro's points, therefore winning the debate. I would like to thank Pro for accepting my debate challenge, and for him providing a better than average debater to test my skills against.
Vote Pro
PowerPikachu21

Pro

PowerPikachu21 forfeited this round.
Posted by PinkSheep123 1 year ago
PinkSheep123
OMG im sorry I accidently said "Vote Pro" instead of " Vote Con "
Posted by PinkSheep123 1 year ago
PinkSheep123
PinkSheep123 wins!