Niki minaj or Lady Gaga

Started: 4/3/2014 Category: Music

I think that Niki Minaj is an amazing musician over I love all her hits and all her songs.

I believe Lady Gaga is better than Nicki Minaj for several reasons.

Most of Lady Gaga's songs actually have some real meaning to it. Born this way, for example, gives out the message that you shouldn't care about what others think, just be yourself. Another song, Applause, actually has a meaning as well. You may not see it, but it does have a meaning. It sends out the message that a celebrity does it for his/her fans and really, isn't anything without their fans. This concept applies to a lot of things, like, a leader is basically nothing without their team.

Nicki Minaj, on the other hand, isn't that inspirational. Sure, a lot of people say she's inspirational and she may be, but one particular song of hers ruins that idea. That song is:
I feel that this song is just so bad that it just outweighs most, if not all, of her pros. Seriously, I doubt someone truly inspirational would repeat phrase, "you a stupid hoe", about 22 times in their song. Most people just say it's a dissing song, but the only message the song is sending is that you could resolve your conflicts using profanity.

According to Wikipedia, Lady Gaga has been an active musician since 2005 while Nicki Minaj has been active since 2004.
"As of November 2013, Lady Gaga has sold about 24 million albums and 125 million singles worldwide."
"As of 2013, Nicki Minaj has sold about 5 million albums."
This to me, shows that Lady Gaga's music is much more enjoyed than Nicki Minaj's.

Lady Gaga has won 5 grammies and 13 MTV music awards. Nicki Minaj, on the other hand, has won 7 BET Awards, 4 American Music Awards, 2 MTV music awards, an MTV Europe Music Award, 5 Billboard Music Awards, and Billboard's 2011 Rising Star Award. When you add it all up, Nicki has 20 and Lady Gaga has 18. Considering how Lady Gaga can't even qualify for BET Awards, I would change the score to 13 - 18. Also I and most others believe that the grammy is the most seeked music award so that would give Lady Gaga the win as well. These weren't the only kind of awards, Lady Gaga has won. She was:
-Billboard's 2010 Artist of the Year
-#4/100 in VH1's Greatest Women in Music
-on Time Magazine's, The World's 100 Most Influential People, numerous times.

I'm not exactly how big of an activist, Nicki Minaj is, but I know that Lady Gaga is a very big activist. In 2010, Lady Gaga donated about $500,000 to the victims of the Haiti Earthquake. Then in 2011, Lady Gaga raised $1.5 million for Japan when it was hit by a tsunami and an earthquake. In 2012, Gaga donated $1 million to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy. She doesn't only help when it comes to natural disasters. Lady Gaga is also a supporter in the fight against AIDS and HIV. She has raised at least $202 million to help fight AIDS and HIV.

She even has her own foundation known as the "Born This Way" Foundation where her goal focuses on youth empowerment and issues such as self-confidence, well-being, anti-bullying, mentoring, and career development. "In July 2012, the BTWF partnered with Office Depot, which will donate 25% of the sales-a minimum of $1million-of a series of limited edition back-to-school products that promote the foundation's message."

Lastly, Lady Gaga is a very well known activist for gay rights. She called the National Equality March rally in October 2009, the single most important event of her career. Besides that she attended the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards with 4 gay and lesbian former members of the US Armed Forces who had been unable to serve openly because of a military policy known as "Don't ask, don't tell."

hd1997 forfeited this round.

I hope my opponent is ok. Extend all arguments.
Posted by hd1997 2 years ago
F*ck all of you
Vote Placed by imabench 2 years ago