KIRA_OKASHI
beem0r

Ninja Are cooler than pirates

KIRA_OKASHI

Pro

lets face it there is already a debate out there stating that pirtaes are cooler than ninjas, but i strongly disagree.

i am pro ninja for i am a ninja and i think pirates are okay but not even close to the awsomeness of the ninja

I will let my opponent start

well good luck to who ever wishes to loose to me!!
beem0r

Con

First, let me inform any of you who do not yet know: Pirates are the chosen people of the flying spaghetti monster.

In fact, we can almost say Pirates are "cooler" than Ninjas in a literal sense. Consider the following:

http://www.venganza.org...

The global average temperature has increased steadily as we've gotten fewer and fewer pirates. This demonstrates a causal relationship between less pirates and global warming. If pirates decrease the global average temperature, then that makes them pretty cool, both literally and figuratively.

Also, let us take note that pirates actually sound cool. Ninjas don't bother talking, ever. This makes it fun not only to act like a pirate, but also to be a pirate. Being a ninja means you have to always be silent, lest your victims hear you coming. And when you do talk, you can only speak Japanese, which takes a lot of time to learn. That doesn't sound like my idea of fun.

Also, as a pirate, you can do whatever you want. I present this evidence to substantiate my claim:

Also, consider the entertainment value of pirates versus ninjas.

Pirates of the Caribbean was a great movie. It was one of the most widely enjoyed films of all time - all three of them, that is.
What pirate movies can we think of that have truly entertained the masses? Well?
I couldn't think of any, so I did a quick Google search. The best resource I found was this:
http://www.entertheninja.com...
None of these movies were huge hits. As it says in the description on that page, most of these movies were only enjoyable because of how lame they were.

Ninjas are good at killing people. That's all. Pirates, however, do a great many things, such as search for legendary treasure, attack merchant ships, say ARR a lot, train parrots to speak pirate, steal ships, etc.

Also, ninjas wear all black full body suits, meaning they're probably pretty hot, the opposite of cool.

Pirates also have awesome hats.

My opponent has not yet made a case, so I will now give him the floor.
KIRA_OKASHI

Pro

i am going to simply list a few reasons why a ninja is cooler/better than a pirate

okay
1:ninjas are stealthy and live a life of honorable adventure where as pirates are thieves who get drunk and rape anything that breaths.
2:ninjas have weapons that are totaly bamfin namely kunai, shuriken, smoke bombs, explosive concoctions, tontos, numbchucks ( if needed), swords(usaly katana but can be broad or otherwise), and yes i know that pirates use swords
3:ninjas do talk and Japanese rocks ( by the way japanese is very easy to learn i am learning it at the moment)( and ninjas must no many languages for assassinations all around the world)
4:plenty of ninja movies have done well just not in america where the complexity of not straight good vs evil plot design is not respected or commonly enjoyed
5:the ninja wears what ever he or she wants not just the stereotypical black suit and even to the stereotype of full body suits they are not always black they are different colors for different missions and environments. also the full body suit is not hot but breaths well and has a reason behind it, plenty of weapon holding space and they can loose per sewers in a chase
6:ninjas are more intelligent than pirates; being strategist and thinking and entire kill through before running in weapons drawn
7: in this situation who is better:( i will place the scenario and then let you say why you think a pirate would be better then i will tell you why i think a ninja would be better)

a political member of the a national congress needs to be assassinated. the politician is going on a safari on the african coast line. he has body guards of coarse but the person has specified that only the pollution can be killed and it must be during the day at 6 am when his safari starts, and you must not by any means be caught. finaly this is based in the late 1700's so you can only use the weapons of the time that were commonly carried by your people.

8:pirates were not so much gay but had sex with men more often than you would think. i mean they could be at sea for months at a time and they weren't gona wait for land, and even when they did go into port then they hooked up with bar whores who were usually disease ridden and dirty. ninjas how ever can hook up with any girl they want be it a political figure or a high class geisha.
9:pirates are drunken fools as shown in PC I, II, and III. who could hardly walk after a long night of drinking none the less fight. whereas a ninja has self control and discipline and is always ready to fight, and even when they do drink it is a small amount of sake.
10:finaly ninjas have honor they will not pillage a town and kill everyone in it or raid government ships unless it is the good of the nation or they are paid to do so, but even when they are going to be paid they find out why and only do it if it will help lots of people. they also don't kill one another simply for gold or jewels, like most pirates would. a pirates only sense of honor is the acquisition of parlay and even then it only applies to pirates.

your turn

PS global warming would have occurred with or without the decrease of pirates or without the help of cars or any other modern technology.
beem0r

Con

Alright, since my opponent was nice enough to offer numbered points, I will respond in kind.

Re: #1:
Since when is assassinating people and killing from the shadows honorable? Sneak attacks are not honorable, they are the opposite thereof.
And yes, pirates are often drunkards. Pirates do whatever they want to do.

Re: #2:
I'll pretend that "bamfin" means that the weapons are awesome. I'm not sure what language that is, but it's certainly not English.
Anyway. Ninjas do indeed have some pretty cool weapons, but Pirates have better ones. While ninjas are carrying over nine thousand weapons, Pirates only need to keep 2 on their person: a pistol and a cutlass. Keep in mind, too, that pirates have a ship's cannons as weapons as well. I'm fairly certain a pistol is superior to the ninja's long range weapons. And when it comes to short range weapons, the pirate's sword has a handguard, whereas the ninja's sword does not.
Ninja:
http://www.karatedepot.com...
Pirate:
http://www.swordsdirect.com...

I'd prefer my hand not to get cut off during battle, thanks.

Re: #3:
When someone thinks of a ninja being cool, they think of a shadow-lurker who kills his victims without them even knowing he existed, not some social engineer befriending enemies. You distance yourself from the stereotyped view of ninjas at your own peril.
Even so, ninjas talk like normal people. Pirates sound cool enough that they have their own talk-like-a-pirate-day [sept 19th].

Re: #4:
A shame, isn't it, that ye whole audience be from that very same country, the one that hates ninja movies. So you concede, then, that at least the American public prefers Pirates to ninjas. And that's what really determines which is 'cooler,' what people think of them.

Re: #5:
Once again, you distance yourself from the entire ninja fan club. Without wearing black and hiding amongst the shadows, a ninja is pretty lame. The pop culture depiction of a ninja is much cooler than the normally-clothed social engineer ninja. That's not even a little cool.

Re: #6:
Ninjas may be cold, calculating killers, but pirates are bad@ss enough to fight their enemies with no preparation. A ninja's battle is boring. 3 seconds, and it's over. That's no fun at all. A pirate's battle is an intense struggle. It's fun to watch, and is an admirable trait of a pirate.

Re: #7:
I'm not even going to respond to that point, just because of how dumb it was. Crafting a scenario fit perfectly for a ninja is no fair comparison.

Re: #8:
Now my opponent is attempting to capitalize on your homophobia by claiming that pirates had homosexual relations with each other. Do not allow this ridiculous tactic to sway your mind.

Re: #9:
My opponent says pirates are drunkards. This is true, and it's one of the things that's so great about them! Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum! My opponent is now treating alcohol consumption as if it was some forbidden thing. Remember, people, a pirate does whatever he pleases, be it drinking all day and night, stealing ships, getting wooden legs and eyepatches, or sailing the seven seas. Do not let my opponent's claim that pirates are ill-behaved affect what you already know - pirates are pretty sweet.

Re: #10:
Ninjas won't commit atrocities... unless they're paid to do so. Yes, how honorable. Pirates won't usually pillage a town unless there's something to be gained from it. Unless they just feel like it. In which case, that makes them pretty bad mofos. Bad as in good.

Ladies and gents, there are two sides here. My opponent has painted a picture of ninjas that is not even a little cool. They dress normally, they befriend their enemies with charismatic conversation, then they kill because they were paid to do so. No will of their own. Pitiful. A pirate on the other hand, does whatever he wants, because a pirate is free. And he doesn't care if your momma there, your grandmomma, innocent bystanders, little kids, baby sitters, bill collectors, whatever. He'll leave your whole block filled with hot brass if he has to, and you know why? 'Cause *HE JUST DOESN'T GIVE A ****!*

*That last line was adapted from a line in The Boondocks episode "A Date with the Health Inspector." Just giving credit where it is due.
KIRA_OKASHI

Pro

my opponent has made most of his point as to why pirates are cooler the same as saying that a drunkin serial killer is cool. yes i compared a pirate to a serial killer (stricktyly for the sake of this debate) because most all your points have put up being a drunk killer who doesnt care what the hell he does. By the way b.a.m.f.i.n meand bad@ss Mother F****** i most likely should have said Bad @SS. and to the point of a pirate carying a pistol, the comon pirate pistol was a flintlock with only the acuracy of 50 feet or so, not a smart weapon

now to your reply for #1 the only assassinate those who deserve it and it is honorable because i said nothing about only hiding in the shadows but head on if it is logical for the sittuation.

RE:RE:#2
ninjas do have hand guard by the way, its thatlil sqare thing above the handle of the srowd, and the reason they are small is because they are good enough to not get their hands cut off.

RE:RE:#3 where in my point did i say naything about befriending his victims, he uses the languages he knows to gather intel that he may need to kill his target, not befriend them

RE:RE:#4 the whole point of the statement i made was to say that you must not say that NO ninja movies have done well, and i was also saying that the majority of the american culture ( which i am a member off) dont like a complex movie which is why said ninja movies dont do well here. there have been a few that have done well here, the TMNT originals did well for the audience it was aimed at, the 3ninjas series did well for the audience of kids (for which it was aimed at), beverley hills ninja, though a comedy, did very well, and there are ninjas in plenty of jet li movies even if they are not the main highlight of the movie, pirates are either the main point or not in a movie at all.

RE:RE:#5 In my opinion and this entire debate is opinion ninjas wearing black suits stand out in a crowd and this totaly destroys the point of a ninja, they will wear clothing that make them blend in for a more effective assassination.

RE:RE:#6 now you are saying that ninjas are cold and calculating which is good, but a ninja battle is cool to watch if its one ninja against a bunch of people or a ninja vs ninja battle. a pirate battle consits of a bunch of "drunkards" running at eachother with swords drawn hacking away with no finess.

RE:RE:#7 okay haha i agree that it is pretty much a ninja sided situation, how bout this you give me a situation and i will give reasons why a ninja would do better.

RE:RE:#8 yes tha was a key point on another debate of this topic ad i wanted to point it out because in said debate it was seen as good. so i wanted to see your view more than use it as a proving point.

RE:RE#9 okay sence when is being scenelessly drunk and ravaging women a good thing? this does not show they are any cooler, this just shows they have no discipline or self control.

RE:RE:#10 okay i never said they will only help or do something considered injust only if they are paid, i said that they would would help people for the good of the people and if there was a questionable request they research it and then act from there.they alomost always doing things for the greater good not PERSONAL GAIN. now the pirate perspective of kill everything cause i can and do nothing unless i have somethiing to gain from it is selfish and does in no way make them cooler or better than ninjas. a pirate will act on the aspect of getting more booty and having fun than to help others.
beem0r

Con

beem0r forfeited this round.
KIRA_OKASHI

Pro

KIRA_OKASHI forfeited this round.
beem0r

Con

My opponent has suggested that we each only use 3 rounds out of the five we have, and since I forfeited last round, I will use my third round now.

I ask the audience to reflect on the contents of this debate. Ninjas have been shown as something altogether different than the popular idea of a ninja. There is a reason ninjas are portrayed in pop culture the way that they are portrayed: because that is the only version of a ninja that's actually popular - that people would see as 'cool.'

On the other hand, pirates have been shown to be the rowdy drunkards we all know and love.

Ergo!
KIRA_OKASHI

Pro

KIRA_OKASHI forfeited this round.
beem0r

Con

Forfeiting the last round. We agreed on 3 rounds per person, even though the debate is 5 rounds long.
Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
Ryu Hayabusa would kick Jack Sparrow's @$$.
Posted by sadolite 8 years ago
sadolite
I think I might have to concede that homosexual thing with pirates, it makes sense. But a ninja with children, that would make him a liability to the rest of them. I still like pirates better, they are more flamboyant.
Posted by Hypnodoc 8 years ago
Hypnodoc
Having spent many years of my life studying the subjet of Ninja's and Pirates I can say that there were many Ninja generals and soldiers that did drink and have great wealth as well as getting laid. There are tales of Ninja Masters that had more than one wife, household and children they would move between the houses to avoid being caught.

Ninja used cannons and explosives and were among the greatest swordsmen in history. They had boats and practiced espianage. They would often pose as an emmisary or preist and walk into a court or household and work their way into the trust of the person they were sent to assissanate before carrying out the task. They were masters of deception sometimes spending Years on assignment they had the skills of any master spy and actor. Pirates were largely homosexual and for the most part though of women as bad luck.
Posted by sadolite 8 years ago
sadolite
Ninjas don't get laid and they don't party and never have any money, come on. Being a pirate is way better.
Posted by beem0r 8 years ago
beem0r
Sorry about not posting a round 3 [woke up late today]. I'll just save my R3 for R4. It's only 2 sentences or so anyway, and it's all stuff I've said, so it's not like I'm using this extra time to make new arguments.
Posted by KIRA_OKASHI 8 years ago
KIRA_OKASHI
okay so first of all on a literal note, i dont encourage anyone to try to really kick themself in the nuts. Ive seen it done and OUCH.

Okay i agree this wasnt my best, by far, debate ive been in . . . I have showed no evidence of ninjas being cooler unless your me. . . and you are right sonofzapp they were more commonly spies and info gatherers. . . not so much assassins, i know i could have done better and at this point i give this debate to my opponent . . . i by no means do not like pirates i like them alot actualy. i just prefer ninja but as well i prefer japan and asia to must other places. well thanks everyone for the comments.
Posted by KIRA_OKASHI 8 years ago
KIRA_OKASHI

Posted by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
PRO essentially kicked himself in the nuts with those last two rounds. Unless he proves the sun is green, I'm voting CON.
Posted by sonofzapp 8 years ago
sonofzapp
well d*mn. Beem0r is makin me like pirates more. U Had ur work cut out 4 u bro because Beem0r is a good *ss debater. oh yea and i dunno if u guys noticed but ninja are/were more spies, informantants, and info gatherers than they were assasains, but they sure as hell were capable. OH yea and pro i dunno wtf u talkin bout but a good pirate can put up a good, fight! And many of them were quite intellegant. HOW THE HELL DO U THINK BLACKBEARD WAS SO F*CKING FEARED BY EVERYONE?! BECAUSE HE KICKED EVERYONES *SS! And you dont defeat every navy, merchant ship, and rival pirate gang, u come across by being an idiot...unless ur lucky like Jack Sparrow. [well Jack Sparrow was an clever, lucky, idiot, so hes kinda an execption.]
Posted by Mogget 8 years ago
Mogget
Beem0r I hate you right now. Stupid song is stuck in my head.
Vote Placed by Pyromaniac 6 years ago
Pyromaniac
KIRA_OKASHIbeem0rTied
Vote Placed by Tatarize 8 years ago
Tatarize
KIRA_OKASHIbeem0rTied
Vote Placed by Wii_Master_Nin 8 years ago
Wii_Master_Nin
KIRA_OKASHIbeem0rTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 8 years ago
Logical-Master
KIRA_OKASHIbeem0rTied
Vote Placed by manss2001 8 years ago
manss2001
KIRA_OKASHIbeem0rTied
Vote Placed by Apple 8 years ago
Apple
KIRA_OKASHIbeem0rTied
Vote Placed by Biowza 8 years ago
Biowza
KIRA_OKASHIbeem0rTied
Vote Placed by PoeJoe 8 years ago
PoeJoe
KIRA_OKASHIbeem0rTied
Vote Placed by ILoveCheese 8 years ago
ILoveCheese
KIRA_OKASHIbeem0rTied
Vote Placed by LakevilleNorthJT 8 years ago
LakevilleNorthJT
KIRA_OKASHIbeem0rTied