Petecheet
PeacefulChaos

Ninjas are better than Samerai

PeacefulChaos

Petecheet

Pro

ok chaos ninjas are better than samerai and there's nothing you can do about it
PeacefulChaos

Con

I am assuming the first round is for acceptance and clarification. Because my opponent has not provided any definitions for this debate, I shall do so.

Definitions-

Ninja: a member of a feudal Japanese society of mercenary agents, highly trained in martial arts and stealth (ninjutsu), who were hired for covert purposes ranging from espionage to sabotage and assassination [1]

Better: morally superior, more virtuous [2]

Samurai: a member of the hereditary warrior class in feudal Japan [3]

[1] http://dictionary.reference.com...

[2] http://dictionary.reference.com...

[3] http://dictionary.reference.com...

I thank my opponent for instigating this debate. It should be interesting.
Petecheet

Pro

Petecheet forfeited this round.
PeacefulChaos

Con

I will pass this round and give my opponent a chance to redeem himself, as this is his first debate.
Petecheet

Pro

Petecheet forfeited this round.
PeacefulChaos

Con

Well, that was disappointing. As my opponent has failed to produce any arguments, I shall do so myself.

Before beginning, I would like to remind both my opponent and readers that the word "better" in this debate means "morally superior, more virtuous". Thus, it is my burden of proof to prove that samurai are morally superior to ninjas. Consequently, my opponent must prove that ninjas are morally superior to samurai.

1. Samurai follow the bushido.

The bushido is an ancient code of ethics followed by the samurai [4]. They follow this code even during battle, and find it honorable to fight face to face. In contrast, ninjas follow no code of ethics whatsoever. They will serve anyone who has enough money in their purse, making them untrustworthy and susceptible to betraying their superiors. Ninjas are hired assassins and will do nearly anything within their power to accomplish their mission. Furthermore, samurai generally did not charge for any fee during missions, whereas ninjas did.

Conclusion-

While this may have been short, and I have only produced one argument, I believe that only one argument is necessary, as my opponent has yet to produce even one. Now, let us compare and contrast ninjas and samurai.

Ninjas-
  • Were assassins (this is morally wrong)
  • Are not bound to any code of ethics whatsoever (leaving them to do morally wrong acts)
  • Required a fee (showing how greedy/selfish ninjas are: they only kill people for money)
  • Serve anyone as long as they have money (once again, showing ninjas' selfishness and greed)

Samurai-

• Served government and fought for their country (similar to a soldier)
  • Bound to ethical code called bushido (meaning they cannot commit morally wrong acts on the level of ninjas)
  • Do not require fee (showing lack of greed/selfishness)

Vote Con!

[4] http://www.differencebetween.net...

Petecheet

Pro

Petecheet forfeited this round.
PeacefulChaos

Con

I extend all arguments. Hopefully, my opponent will be able to respond to my argument in the next (and last) round.

Should my opponent produce any arguments, then I will be assuming new information and new arguments are allowed to be introduced in the last round. On the other hand, if my opponent simply refutes my arguments and produces none of his own, then he has not met his BOP; thus, I should win the debate. If my opponent does neither of these things and simply forfeits, then I have ultimately won the debate as I have met no resistance whatsoever throughout all of the rounds.

Good luck to my opponent.

Petecheet

Pro

Sorry for the inconvenience,

for my argument I would like to mention that the whole reason of the Ninjas existence is because of the Samurai oppressors. Back in the day of Ninjas and Samurai warriors there was an unfortunate balance of power. The Samurai were treated as kings as they made the farmers seem as fools. So then the farmers became angered at the Samurai. Using stealth, improvised weapons, and advanced Martial arts (ninjutsu), the Ninja fought back surprising the Samurai and killing them in cold blood.

http://www.spike.com...

While the Samurai were known as the best warriors in Japan they were brought down by mere farmers and that is why I believe Ninjas are better than Samurai.
PeacefulChaos

Con

I thank my opponent for replying this time.

Moving on, I would like to address my opponent's arguments. He has completely disregarded the definition of the word, "better" that we are using in this debate. I have already defined "better" as "morally superior, more virtuous", and my opponent has made absolutely no attempt to challenge this definition; thus, his argument actually supports me.

He states himself that, ". . . Ninja fought back surprising the Samurai and killing them in cold blood." It is common sense that killing others in cold blood is not morally right; therefore, samurai are morally superior and more virtuous than ninjas are.

Furthermore, my opponent has not even touched my arguments and they remain standing. It is evident that I have won this debate, and I urge a vote to Con!

Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
It's called a bump :P
Posted by Multi_Pyrocytophage 5 years ago
Multi_Pyrocytophage
Bwahaha, I comment on the debate that has been left alone a month ago.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
No need to make a deal, that's simply how debate works.
Posted by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
Deal lolz
Posted by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
lol
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
If Pro posts a GOOD counter to my argument that I cannot refute, then give him a tie.
Posted by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
True though, if Pro posts counters for ALL of Cons arguments then I MIGHT give both of them a tie...
Posted by renji_abarai 5 years ago
renji_abarai
this is an automatic win for you con. You could also exploit that he spelled samurai wrong. he wrote samerai
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
Fail
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
I'm afraid ninjas from Naruto are not taken into consideration during this debate. We are referring to real ninjas and real samurais.
Vote Placed by ConservativePolitico 5 years ago
ConservativePolitico
PetecheetPeacefulChaosTied
Reasons for voting decision: A weak showing by Pro...
Vote Placed by wierdman 5 years ago
wierdman
PetecheetPeacefulChaosTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct goes to Con because Pro forfeited his rounds. Spelling and grammar obviously goes to Con. Con made the most convincing arguments as well as the most attempt to develop an argument. and sources easily goes to Con for obvious reasons's .
Vote Placed by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
PetecheetPeacefulChaosTied
Reasons for voting decision: Gave conduct and S
Vote Placed by renji_abarai 5 years ago
renji_abarai
PetecheetPeacefulChaosTied
Reasons for voting decision: More and better sources. Obvious grammar mistakes in round 5. PeacefulChaos never FF so all his arguments were supported the entire time. Its just impossible not to V-bomb this unless you consider no aruments to be convincing.