Nintendo DSi is better than the Sony PSP 3000
Debate Rounds (3)
I believe that the Nintendo DSi is better than the PSP is because it can do everything a PSP does and more. Except about 4 things. One of them is DSi can't play movies, assuming they don't make DSi movies. And another thing is videos. along with the idea that soon they might make DSi videos, the internet is a little better on the PSP, and the Darth Vader Edition PSP 3000 has Skype Talk.
Ok to start off the DSi can do everything the PSP can and more. it can take photos, play with music (scratch em like a DJ record), edit photos, record sound, edit your voice or sound recording, set parental controls (PSP can do that but only for games), the DSi menu is better and just an overall amazing spectacle. I don't like this website. Whoever wants to reply, reply. DSI WINS! People may hate the DSi but its probably only because THEY DON'T HAVE ONE.
Reasons why PSP is better:
1. PSP 3000 has the same battery life as before, about 6 hrs. of gaming or video.
2. PSP has a sleeker design, more stylish.
3. PSP has a glare resistant screen for an improving outdoor use. This is not only great for playing videogames yet it’s great for watching videos. Most portable consoles include glare.
4. PSP has a built in microphone that can also edit and record sound.
5. PSP is original and way ahead, the DSI is just trying to catch up, for example online gaming and downloading games were copied from Sony. All new and implemented ideas always start out with trials and errors. Because Nintendo copied the idea from Sony, Nintendo's internet will create some problems such as crashes, slowness, bugs, access, etc.
6. PSP has the capability to act as a mobile phone. You can use your PSP to chat online and make phone calls all for free. “It's a connected world - enjoy it with the PSP� system. Browse the web, enjoy RSS feeds, use Remote Play to access your PS3™ system, or get instant messages and calls with Skype™.”- Sony.
7. The LCD screen resolution on the PSP is better than the DSi. The new LCD screen features five times the contrast ratio and has quicker pixel-response times. As for the DSi it's only a screen size increase of 17% and has the same resolution.
Resolutions: DSi=256 x 192, PSP=480 x 272, 16m colors. PSP is much better.
8. Both are nearly priced the same but the PSP gives a heck lot more than the DSi as described, “The new system has the same video-out port and uses the exact same video cables as the PSP-2000, but Sony has upgraded the PSP-3000's video output to support gameplay output on interlaced displays using composite video cables. The move will surely excite gamers dismayed over the fact that the PSP Slim can output gameplay video only to progressive scan displays. Now they can buy a new PSP instead of an HDTV. The silver PSP will be available first, on October 14, 2008, in a $199 Ratchet & Clank Entertainment Pack. The package will include a silver PSP-3000, a Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters UMD game, a National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets UMD movie, a PlayStation Network download voucher for Echochrome, and a 1GB Memory Stick Pro Duo. The black PSP will ship in November in a $199 PSP 4GB Memory Entertainment Pack that includes the black PSP-3000, a 4GB Memory Stick Pro Duo, and a PlayStation Network download voucher for Everyday Shooter. The black PSP-3000 will also make it into the basic PSP Core Pack, priced at $169, sometime later this year.” -Gamespot
Pro's case & other reasons why DSi isn't better:
1. DSi cannot do all what the PSP. They can't play movies, even if they can the format must be different and requires the purchase of a software for the conversion.
2. The DSi internet is NOT better than the PSP. Reason: PSP provides more stuff to do such as downloading TV shows, demos, and game updates all thru PlaystationNetwork. DSi has also just started its internet, yet everything that first starts out has major flaws such as crashes, bugs, slowness, and access. A DSi is NOT better than the PSP.
3. DSi's picture-taking is practically blurred and microscopic. It has: two 0.3 megapixel lens, and the resolution is 500�500 pixels. Since it is so small editing photos isn't a big thing cause it's hard to edit something so small that not many are going to bother trying. Therefore it isn't much of an improvement. PSP has an optional cameral attachment called Go!CAm, it has a 1.3 megapixels.
4. Playing with music isn't a big thing nearly every console has one. No offense but the Nintendo is slow at improving. You can't really scratch them cause there's only 4 different tones and only plays .mp4, m4a, & 3gp files(no MP3). So changing the format is a hassle. The PSP also has sound recording through their built in mikes.
5. Parental controls doesn't have much of an effect on the DSi. Reason: DSi's internet is slow, not many kids are going to bother searching porn on it.
6. The Nintendo DSi is region locked. Even its website describes it. This means that if you bought a Japanese DSi, you can play older games on it without any problem but for newer games, you can only use Japanese region software. if you bought DSi titles, it's locked.
7. DSi loses the GBA slot meaning the Guitar Hero grip and frets,DS rumble pack, and Game Paks become useless, sorry.
In conclusion PSP-3000 is better than the DSi.
1. Better graphics and resolution.
2. Has more features than the DSi.
3. PSP can run a wider range of file extensions than the DSi.
4. DSi is region locked.
5. DSi loses the GBA slot thus losing valuable additions.
6. PSP has the antiglare screen so you can play in the outdoors better.
7. DSi's internet is slower than PlaystationNetwork.
8. PSP has a free calling service.
Thank you and I look forward to my opponent's reply.
Nuegoms forfeited this round.
SniperJake94 forfeited this round.
SniperJake94 forfeited this round.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Kirke32 6 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||7|
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.