TheSaint
imabench

No E's Allowed

TheSaint
Started: 2/3/2013 Category: Arts

TheSaint

Pro

Both sides of this debate must write cohesive 1000 character stories without a single use of the letter E. If either side uses the letter E they lose and should be voted against in such a manner. For example:
"Mary had a little lamb." would be grounds for disqualification due to the E in little.
"Mary had a small lamb" is acceptable.
Also, misspellings cannot be used to circumvent the rule.
"Mary had a littl lamb" would also be grounds for disqualification since the E is implied.

Quite obviously these rules do not apply to first round.

Should both stories not be disqualified voters will vote for their favorite story in the following categories:

Plot: Sources Vote (2 point)
Grammar: Grammar Vote (1 point)
Style: Conduct Vote (1 Point)
Overall Story: Argument Vote (3 points)

Stories can be about any topic of your choosing.

First round should simply be acceptance, second round is for story writing.
Also, plagiarism is not acceptable.

If you have questions ask them in the comments.
imabench

Con

I Accept :D
TheSaint

Pro

"Attack!!!" My sibling and I abruptly ran, racing down towards a solitary black bird. Brandishing only multi color pool toys to stop what would from now on act as warnings to any young child on our farm that bad plans usually stop with poor payoffs, and that farm animals usually will win a fight fought with pool toys.
Naturally as big bro it was my job to quickly withdraw from this situation, my young buddy did not contain as much luck. With a war cry his fight was afoot. As I watch from asylum atop a hill I gawk at what is only shown as a fury of pool toys and black wings. Quickly victory did not look as though it was an option. As an adult of this situation at a manly infancy of four I could stop this atrocity in a way that all youth know how, I got Mom.
Running in with a broomstick and war cry of a "OFF MY SON YOU SIX PART LUNCH BASTARD!" my mom could grab my thirty six month old sibling from his tomb of childhood bawling and bust pool toy. Tomorrow my sibling and I fight again.
imabench

Con

War isnt fought for glory, it's fought to kill anybody in your path, to finish a mission, to kill anybody who is unluckily standing in your way. D-Day would go down in history as a bloodbath, but as long as I kill a Nazi or two, I will go out a victor should I die. I will go out as a man who did his part in a war. I spy two nazis scouting from a pillbox, my bazooka will work its magic. As I try to carry out my mission, I find that I cant shoot. Im stuck and dont know why, what is going on? Why cant I shoot? I look down to my right, it turns out my body is lying in the sand with blood all around, and my arms 30 yards away.... A tank had found my hiding spot, and that was my last song.

Now as I drift up and away, I look down on the bloodbath and im glad im not a part of it now. On my way to God's kingdom, only now do I know my flaw. Thou shalt not kill is a holy law, but only now did it truly sink in. What honor can be won from killing? War isnt fought for glory, it's fought for infamy
Posted by TheSaint 4 years ago
TheSaint
Roy gets the prize for figuring out where I got the idea for this debate. A wonderful book by the way.
Posted by RoyLatham 4 years ago
RoyLatham
The novel "A Void" comprises 290 pages without the letter "e." It was written in French in 1969 and translated into English and other languages, all without the letter "e." http://en.wikipedia.org... The novel was inspired by the 1939 "Gadsby" which had 50,110 words without an "e." http://en.wikipedia.org...

Everyone should know these important things.

From Gadsby:

FROM PAGE ONE

"If youth, throughout all history, had a champion to stand up for it; to show a doubting world that a child can think; and, possibly, do it practically; you wouldn't constantly run across folks today who claim that "a child don't know anything." A child's brain starts functioning at birth; and has, amongst its many infant convolutions, thousands of dormant atoms, into which God has put a mystic possibility for noticing an adults act, and figuring out its purport."

FROM LAST PAGE

"A glorious full moon sails across a sky without a cloud. A crisp night air has folks turning up coat collars and kids hopping up and down for warmth. And that giant star, Sirius, winking slyly, knows that soon, now, that light up in His Honors room window will go out. Fttt! It *is* out! So, as Sirius and Luna hold an all-night vigil, I'll say a soft "Goodnight" to all our happy bunch, and to John Gadsby - Youth's Champion.

Finis."
Posted by ishallannoyyo 4 years ago
ishallannoyyo
Or Ctrl F search the letter E through the whole word document.
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Son of a bitch...

Advice: proofread more then three times >.<
Posted by TheSaint 4 years ago
TheSaint
Here's where they are:
"can -be- won" " look down on -the- bloodbath", "lying in -the- sand", "a victor should I -die-"
Posted by TheSaint 4 years ago
TheSaint
Sorry imabench but you had several e's in your essay. So that's a disqualification. I must admit though that your story was better. But it did not follow the guidelines.
Posted by ishallannoyyo 4 years ago
ishallannoyyo
TRUE DAT imabench, TRUE DAT.

(wipes tear from corner of eye)
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Nicely done. I didnt spot a Single E and you got under the 1,000 character mark by 4 characters, color me impressed!
Posted by TheSaint 4 years ago
TheSaint
That was much more difficult than I had anticipated. Good luck imabench. Also, I must admit that for my first debate I had not expected to debate someone as experienced as you, but we'll see how it goes. Have fun with it. I know I did.
Vote Placed by likespeace 4 years ago
likespeace
TheSaintimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con used an 'e' more than one. He used the words,"die" and "be". Per the agreed-upon rules, I must vote in favor of Pro for the win. Too bad--the other way of voting would've been fun. ;)
Vote Placed by Deadlykris 4 years ago
Deadlykris
TheSaintimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's entry had an e.
Vote Placed by AlwaysMoreThanYou 4 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
TheSaintimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: e
Vote Placed by Grape 4 years ago
Grape
TheSaintimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con used the letter "e."
Vote Placed by UltimateSkeptic 4 years ago
UltimateSkeptic
TheSaintimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: Imabench used the letter E, more than once.
Vote Placed by DebaterAgent 4 years ago
DebaterAgent
TheSaintimabenchTied
Reasons for voting decision: based on the scoring "guide" for the categories given by Pro in round 1