tcbz
Vapid_Darkness

No country has achieved full gender equality

tcbz has forfeited round #2.

tcbz

Pro

In no country are men and women completely equal. One example of this is the wage gap. Men and women who do exactly the same job and to the same level are not payed equally, in most cases, men's wages are higher.
Vapid_Darkness

Con

Hello thank you for offering this topic to debate. As you have not created a format I will assume I can make my arguments this round.

As you said "In no country are men and women completely equal" that is a true statement, but the example you gave is not a good one. No, the wage gap does not exist. The way they get this statistic is by taking the median annual salary of men and dividing it by the median salary of women. This statistic does not take into account the hours that were worked, the type of job it is, vacation time, and maternity leave. Women work less than men that is true. They take time off work when the have a kid for weeks, months, maybe even a year whereas an average man may take off 2 or 3 days. So I will be looking forward to your next argument and I hope it is a good one.
Posted by SirHarrison0 10 months ago
SirHarrison0
i'm gonna let you in on a little secret about the wage gap, if you do the same amount of work and have the same job as a man you earn the same as the man. women statistically make less due to them taking more time off of work to spend more time with family, why don't you talk about the inequality of men? like the insurance for driving, that makes 16 year old men pay may just due to men at that age are more prone to having an accident?