Reinheli000
owen99999

No homosexuality

Reinheli000

Pro

Whoever accepts will be against; you will agrue that its ok to be a homo
owen99999

Con

I accept the challenge and will be arguing that it's ok to be a homosexual. Also please use the term 'homosexual' and not just 'homo' as some people may find the second term offensive.
Reinheli000

Pro

The bible clearly states homosexuality is a sin. The urge or temptation to be with the same sex partner is directly from the enemy. If a 10 year old girl is tempted to defy her parents or commit another sin, it is no different. now who did God make? Adam and eve? or adam and steve? To have a kid it calls for a male and a female not male and male or female and female. Whos to play the moms role? whos to play the dads role? what are your kids (if you adopt them) suppose to say at school to friends? oh i have two moms or two dads? your child wont know whats right from wrong. and even if we were talking about that theres many other reasons as well. we were put on this earth to reproduce! theres no such thing as being born "homosexual" gays and lesbians are two to three times as likely to commit suicide than a hetero.
owen99999

Con

Rebuttals:

1) Why should we go by what's written in the bible? I don't believe in god as there is no evidence for his existence and lots of evidence against it. You can't say something is wrong just because it's written in some book! The majority of the population don't believe in a christian god.

2) The 'who's going to play the mums role' is a heavily debated one however you're forgetting If two homosexual men adopt a young child, it is unlikely the child will have ever experienced a mother before and therefore it won't make a difference. Most motherly roles can be carried out by men apart from maybe breastfeeding which can be done with a bottle (this is actually safer than direct breastfeeding).

3) Your child will certainly know right from wrong just as a child from a mum and a dad would. You point here doesn't make any sense?!

4) We weren't 'put' on this earth, life gradually evolved. We evolve to survive and sometimes it works like for examples when giraffes split from short necks to long necks the long neck giraffes survived as they could reach leaves higher up so the shorter necked ones died out. Sometimes though, neither split is favoured for example blue eyes or green eyes. Nowadays however we work in a different way. We wouldn't kill off someone with a mental disability because we live in a society where however you're born you are equally accepted and that is the way it should stay.

5) It's actually more like twice as likely not three times but is that surprising when people like you tell them the way THEY FEEL, something they can't change is wrong? If we lived in a society where we accepted eachother it would be miles better.

Thank you and I look forward to your rebuttals.
Reinheli000

Pro

Reinheli000 forfeited this round.
owen99999

Con

Judges. My opponent has forfeited her final round. Please take this into account when voting.

Thank you to my opponent and the judges.
Posted by owen99999 5 years ago
owen99999
I can assure and assert that I only have one account on debate.org . I would just like you to note that I haven't actually posted a single argument yet apart from my acceptance. I have 4 debates running at the moment and need to continue with them first because of 'time remaining' but please do keep watch and you will see that when it comes to debunking these homophobic idiots; I take it very seriously.
Posted by Neonix 5 years ago
Neonix
I think Reinheli000 is a shadow account for owen99999. This debate is so informal and pointless.
Posted by Reinheli000 5 years ago
Reinheli000
I'm not an idiot, i simply have my opion(: thankyou :)
Posted by owen99999 5 years ago
owen99999
I completely agree with you homosexuality is not wrong but these idiots need to be informed! The bible's a load of crap anyway bible quran whatever it's all bull.
Posted by zfemocheese 5 years ago
zfemocheese
Stupid debate. Homosexuality is not wrong. To be honest in basic opinions, I doubt that god would say in the Bible "God loves everyone except gays." They are people too and it pisses me off when they are not treated as such. I am straight, but I think homosexuality is not evil or negative accident of god. People are just so stubborn and arrogant to think so.