No other Character in Marvel could beat the Hulk with a few specified exceptions (see in argument)

The Hulk and the person of my opponent's choosing will be on a barren planet with no other life forms on it for them to "play in" (as hulk always does) The form of hulk i am able to change at will to match the level of difficulty of the Character he has to face (Gravage, Joe fix it, The Maestro, etc) The opponent is allowed to leave a character and pick up another character if he/she so wishes to change their mind. No more than one character.

Character's not allowed (as yes i will concede, that these character's would beat the hulk):
-The One above all
-The Beyonder
-The Living Tribunal
-Any Embodiments (Lord Chaos, Master Order, Death, etc)
-Odin (unless for the purposes and intent for the debate my opponent agrees to take away Odin's power of immortality)

I will allow My opponent the first round. If you have any problems post in the first round.

Thank you for posting such an interesting and fun debate! The character I will choose to fight the hulk is Magnus. His abilities include the power to manipulate magnetic fields, radiation, heat, and radio waves. Also, when any lifeform touches his skin, it turns to steel.[1]

How the hulk will be beaten

Scenario 1: is a hybrid of Magneto and Rogue, he would likely have the intellegence of Magneto. While Magnus would plane in that little time before battle, Hulk would charge right off the bat.

Hulk has super-strength. Unless he uses his sonic claps (which, due to his intellegence, he probably won't start out with) he would have to touch the guy. Then and there he would turn to steal. No matter how many nuclear explosions he survives, his durability won't help against that. And Magnus's other powers (heat control, magnetic, radiation) would also be able to confuse the hulk for a short while.

[1]The Marvel Encyclopedia (published in 2008, with a forward from Stan Lee)

I look forward to your response. (Sorry, I'm not that good with first arguments. I work better whent there is something to rebuttal!)

LOL Yes I understand I'm better with rebuttal as well that's why I normally let my opponent go first :P (please don't take emoticons as misspelling or any other points against if you will).

Scenario 1 (Rebuttal): The version of the hulk chosen to fight Magnus is Gravage Hulk. Gravage Hulk is the Mixture of the Grey Hulk and Savage Hulk persona giving the Hulk the intelligence of The 3rd smartest person in the world Bruce Banner, now even with said intelligence it would not be likely that Bruce Banner would be able to predict that Touching Magnus turns the opponent to steel however one of the abilities shown by Green Scar (enraged version of Gravage) is that The Hulk recently lived up to his "Worldbreaker" title by destroying a world not by attacking it, but rather from the huge amounts of gamma energy he was releasing because of his anger, he didn't even try to destroy it, it was an accident! Thus I believe that with the huge amounts of Gamma radiation that he emits the steel would probably either be reversed or blown off his body as well he has re-genitive factor that is higher than even that of Wolverine's so he should be able to renew whatever cells that were turned to steel. Or simply stop the "infection" by cutting off and growing back any limbs severed.

Scenario 2: Running to Magnus in the blink of an eye (speeds higher than the base of 700mph with how angry he gets) The Hulk simply one punch K.O's Magnus (note: his punch destroyed an asteroid twice the size of earth as well as knocked back and injured the Blob) facing ill effects of one touch against Magnus skin.

I look forward to your rebuttal.

All info on the hulk taken from marvel universe wiki as well as various comic sections I can depict upon request.

This is really fun. I can't wait to see any curveball you can throw.

Scenario 1 (Defense:)
Although Gravage Hulk is smarter that Savage, he is not as smart as you make him out to be [1]. "Gravage Hulk" is mostly a fan term and was used for stories until much later, and was based on a a part of Hulk's run during the silver age of comics. He would probably be just as smart as Magnus, and unless you can prove this wrong, I will base part of my argument on it.

As for the gamma radiation, one of Magnus's powers is controlling radiation, so I doubt it would affect him. And also, since Hulk gets stronger as he gets angrier, after transforming from Banner (which I assume this debate will take place with him the least angry he can get,) he will still fight Magnus. There is no way he will be angry enough to destroy the planet right off the bat. What he will do is fight like a hulk, and he will turn to steel on contact.

When the steel is spreading, first of all, how is he going to be able to cut off the limb so quickly? He would most likely be confused or shocked. Also my sources call the Hulks durability demi-godlike. Although Hulk is known for his strength, it no where near matches his durability, which also increases with his anger. How will Hulk be able to cut off a limb on a barren planet with his hand? How will he be able to do it in a matter of seconds (Once it spreads to the organs, which cannot regenerate with metal in their place?) Even if Magnus is killed from Hulk's blow, the debate is whether he can beat Hulk, now whether he can beat hulk and still stay alive.

Now if Magnus is alive, however, and the Hulk somehow found a way to stop the infection, Magnus can still control the metal part of his body. So Magnus will slow the hulk down, and touch the hulk right over his heart. In less then a second he is dying, without his regen to help him.

Scenario 2 (Rebuttal:) Like I said before, Hulk is not at his full anger yet, since this is the first move of the battle. So the speed won't be that fast, and the punch won't be that strong. Also, once he touches Magnus's skin, he better find a way to stop it pretty fast, because it is spreading (as the powers are depicted in exiles #1

Scenario 1 (Defense:) "The Hulk of World War the insanely enraged version of the "Gravage Hulk" a capable leader and strategist.....Another source of the Green Scar's strength (Keep in mind that all green scar is, is a pissed off version of Gravage) in comparison to other versions was his lack of inner conflict, if not alliance, with Bruce Banner. There were several instances where the Hulk and Banner worked together strategically, such as acting to disable Dr Strange."

Actually Gravage Hulk is depicted to transform back to Bruce banner very seldom. Also there are very many different ways that the Hulk can turn into the Hulk, pretty much any extreme emotion such as Excitement (yes it would be hard for Bruce banner to have sex without turning into the Hulk), Rage, Fear, or Stress, and even the instinctual defense of Adrenaline. Now the instant that the Hulk sees his cells being turned to steel I assume that he would not only be angry but I think that he would be in a stressful and fearful state, and at this very moment his natural Fight or Flight response would be taking over (Adrenaline) most likely causing his radiation powress to increase dramatically in that short period of time. Whenever he is in a state where he needs to survive his radiation (and thus power, endurance, stamina, speed, and all other powers) will increase until he is no longer in that state.

As for his regeneration abilities he was able to shrug off the Nova Blast from the Human Torch and continue fighting various other Superheroes. "The Torch can release all of his body's stored energy in one intense, omni-directional "nova-burst," which can reach about 1,000,000 F, and which is similar to the heat-pulse of a nuclear warhead detonation, with an area of total devastation of about 900 feet in diameter and the power of a super nova. (The Torch has claimed that he can destroy a small moon with his nova-flame.)" The Hulk as well was able to not only recover from but deflect Gladiator's Eye beams back into his eyes. "Gladiator is capable of firing highly concentrated beams of energy from his eyes. These beams are capable of reaching extremely high temperatures. The maximum temperature his beams can reach is unknown but they can reach temperatures hotter than that of Stars." File:Hulk heal.jpg

Not only this but in "Hulk The End" He loses his Stomach, Eyes, and much more and he regenerates all this in little over 17 minutes think about it the Hulk is the only living thing pretty much that these bugs can feed on yet they still continue to thrive.

You are right about one thing However the Hulk's Strength is even greater than that of his Durability, When the steel is spreading I could easily imagine Gravage Hulk knowing that if he doesn't do something that he would die, if his re genitive factor hasn't already dealt with it. I could see him ripping off his arm, biting it off, even Karate Chopping it off. Also with the shear mass and Size of the Hulk I think that it would take time to bury through Various layers of the Hulk's skin so he may only have to take those off not his entire limb however just to be safe I bet the hulk would do it anyways.

Scenario 2 (defense:) He does not need to be at full anger, in fact he has no "full anger" his base level (so the moment he transforms) is 100 Tons for strength and 700mph for speed, not only that but while he is coming close to punching Magnus his excitement or adrenaline could act up giving him an extra boost. Could you provide a link to the speed of how fast Magnus turns people to steel? Also if his power is anything like his mother's then would it not take a while until the steel takes effect because from what I remember that if it was an instantaneous touch against rogue's skin that it would not take effect.

Also your link seems to not be working could you please re-post it, and I do not believe that it was just a fan term it is considered one of the Primary incarnations of the Hulk.

I look forward to your response as I am enjoying this debate very much.

I really do apologize, but to to school and other factors, I concede this debate.

Con has conceded Vote Pro

brokenboy forfeited this round.

Dubloon forfeited this round.
Posted by Maikuru 4 years ago
Doulos, on paper, I agree. In print, Apocalypse is probably one of the least accomplished and least threatening mega-villains ever. I think a lot of that has to do with his immense power list. He's so overpowered, writers immediately overcompensated by letting him constantly trip and fall into defeats.
Posted by Doulos1202 4 years ago
Apocalypse would have easily handled the hulk
Posted by brokenboy 4 years ago
16kadams i would love to debate you after on whether superman could beat the hulk.
Posted by Korashk 4 years ago
After this debate is over I'm going to post a really long list of Marvel characters that could.
Posted by Dubloon 4 years ago

Posted by RyuuKyuzo 4 years ago
Is bizzaro Dubloon debating here or something???
Posted by imabench 4 years ago
16k, it has to be a Marvel character. Superman is from DC comics I believe
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
Isn't super man as strong and can fly up where hulk cant get him and shoot the f*ck out of the hulk with lazer vision?
Vote Placed by famer 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con conceded