MiaJones
WillRiley

No such thing as JC

WillRiley

MiaJones

Con

I believe that there is no such thing as JC.
WillRiley

Pro

http://www.abbreviations.com...
The following is a list of abreviations for "JC"
Since you have not defined what JC is, I have proven that the acronym JC does indeed exist.
MiaJones

Con

squirrelnuts57 is correct.
WillRiley

Pro

By the way, I have noticed that Con has accidentally taken the wrong position, and I will allow him to proceed as if he had not.
Being that my opponent has now assumed the role of Pro, they obviously have the BoP.
I would love to hear your arguments for how Jesus Christ does not exist. If you fail to provide arguments, you will not fulfill your BoP, and I may be tempted to bring up the fact that you essentially gave up in the first round by choosing Pro, and then stating that you agreed with the topic.
MiaJones

Con

I believe in the old testament and the it clearly states that God's name is Jehovah and that there none before him or after him. that brings me to say that JC can not possibly be a son of God. There is no such thing. The pros and cons thing was a mere mistake. Do not dwell on it.
WillRiley

Pro

My opponent has attempted to use their religious beliefs to show that Jesus Christ was not the Son of God. However, this debate is not over whether Jesus was the Son of God, it is about whether he existed. The vast majority of scholars, even those who are not Christians, agree that Jesus Christ existed. A simple web search could show you without a doubt that Jesus existed.
For example, you can check out this-
http://www.npr.org...
or this-
http://www.gotquestions.org...
and read this from Wikipedia-
"Virtually all modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed historically,"
and there is this-
In a 2011 review of the state of modern scholarship, Bart Ehrman wrote, "He certainly existed, as virtually every competent scholar of antiquity, Christian or non-Christian, agrees".
And, if you follow the link of where that quote is from, it is a book devoted to criticizing the bible and its authors. Even he agrees that, without a doubt, Jesus Christ did exist.
http://books.google.com...

Voters, in this debate I have shown that "JC", both as an acronym and as Jesus Christ. It also seems to me that my opponent has failed to meet their BoP. For all of these reasons, I urge you to vote for me.
Posted by WillRiley 2 years ago
WillRiley
Maybe if you would have let me know you were going to be such a sore loser I would have gone easier on you.
"JC sucks." How can something suck if it does not exist?
Look, do some research. Even if Jesus wasn't the son of God, he definitely existed, which is what this debate is on. You had no argument, and if you wish to challenge me to a rematch, we can do that. There is no reason for you to give a lame argument and the complain about losing in the comments.
"Well at least you think you did."
Um, yeah. I do think I won. Go ahead and scroll up. Unless I am mistaken, it says this-
WillRiley

In fact, I urge you to challenge me to a rematch. The results will be the same. Bring it.
Posted by MiaJones 2 years ago
MiaJones
Oh and by the way I do read the OLD TESTAMENT in the bible. Everyday actually. How about you try reading it some time, bro. JC sucks.
Posted by MiaJones 2 years ago
MiaJones
Fine you won. Well at least you think you did. I know what's the truth and what isn't.
Posted by ThadeusSmith 2 years ago
ThadeusSmith
Jesus is the son of God, but he is also God. Read the bible sometime, bro.
Posted by WillRiley 2 years ago
WillRiley
Thanks Gabe1e
Posted by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
Haha, Pro nailed this one.
Posted by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
Damn I was gonna accept it and use what dsjpk5 said.
Posted by Squirrelnuts57 2 years ago
Squirrelnuts57
JC? Is that supposed to be Jesus?
Posted by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
Except you said you are Con " There's no such thing as JC". Which means you DO believe there's no such thing as JC. So really, your first round argument is a concession.
Posted by Philocat 2 years ago
Philocat
Do you mean Jesus Christ?
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 2 years ago
dsjpk5
MiaJonesWillRileyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro proved his stance in round one