No video game is purposely designed to anger Players

Started: 12/16/2013 Category: Games

After reading your opinion on "Are video games causing violence in teens?"
I decided that I would like to Debate this with you right away.

There are video games designed to anger players and the ones that are not specifically for that purpose can anger players if the goal is not completely obvious, or if the levels are above and beyond the person's skill level.

I invite you to start with either more in depth explanation of your opinion or a reasonable restatement of what you truly meant. Please go as in depth as you feel in all three rounds and I will gladly argue with the disadvantage of only having two rounds to complete my argument.

I accept the debate challenge. I will also stand with my statement that I made saying that it may teach violence but it does not cause violence. My statement on that was more on video gaming developers and so people who enrage themselves in the game because of going on too hard of a difficulty should not be the games fault. I perfer a fair debate so I will not go on with my point until the next round.

I reject the notion to change the resolution of this debate, however I am willing to accept future debates concerning other negative areas of video games.

I will further explain the use of suggestion, and effect of posthypnotic suggestion, bypassing the critical faculty, subliminal advertising, full exploration of empathy as it affects gamers in relation to the game characters, perception of reality as it concerns our experiences, the limits of the ability to differentiate between reality and fiction, et al in future debates. This debate I would like to discuss how video games perpetuate anger. So I will start with a definition of anger, and identify a couple of methods video games use to induce anger. Being that you have asked to limit the debate away from difficulty of game play, I conclude that you agree to this factor as a contributor to angering game players and I will speak on it limitedly.

2anger noun: a strong feeling of being upset or annoyed because of something wrong or bad : the feeling that makes someone want to hurt other people, to shout, etc. : the feeling of being angry

I am only going to present three ways that anger can be suggested. The first way is direct suggestion. Which is when someone tells you “Get Angry.” It’s not very effective, but athletes tend to use it fairly often and so do video games.

The second way is indirectly through loaded questions. Questions could be something like, “Aren’t you mad that Obama supports the affordable care act?” or “Did you hear what the republicans did this week, it will make you angry.”

The third way, which video games are notorious for, is to present a dilemma that contradicts the user’s personal beliefs. I will present Pewdiepie playing Unfair Mario as an extreme example of this dilemma. I would like you to believe that pewdiepie is just one in a million that got angry when playing this game, but searching unfair Mario on youtube will bring you to hundreds of players whose emotions spike to rage level within moments of starting the game. This sort of inconsistency dilemma is not the only dilemma that video games present which anger gamers.

Zoomin games made a top five video to let everyone know, this isn’t a micro population of gamers who experience anger.

This proves that video games cause people to get angry. And being angry (according to Webster’s dictionary) means that you want to hurt other people.

TheRealDJJones forfeited this round.

It is disapointing that my opponent forfeited the last round. I hope to continue this debate at a future time with a new debator. My opponent was unable to refute the anger that arrives from video games from various reasons that do not include difficulty of play.
On the grounds of my opponents forfiet, vote Con.

TheRealDJJones forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Bullish 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeits.