SebUK
qwertyytrewq01943

Noah's Ark is not true

SebUK

SebUK

Pro

Round 1 is for acceptance Only and please no rebuttal in Round 2
qwertyytrewq01943

Con

There have been countless "flood" stories in numerous cultures that don't even have contact with each other at that the time that all depict nearly the same events so something global involving a flood and an ark may have been involved.

Many archaeologists have found evidence of what they believe the actual ark is
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

In 1959, Turkish army captain Llhan Durupinar discovered an unusual shape while examining aerial photographs of his country. The smooth shape, larger than a football field, stood out from the rough and rocky terrain at an altitude of 6,300 feet near the Turkish border with Iran.

Capt. Durupinar was familiar with the biblical accounts of the Ark and its association with Mount Ararat in Turkey, but he was reluctant to jump to any conclusions. The region was very remote, yet it was inhabited with small villages. No previous reports of an object this odd had been made before. So he forwarded the photographic negative to a famous aerial photography expert named Dr. Brandenburger, at Ohio State University.

Brandenburger was responsible for discovering the Cuban missile bases during the Kennedy era from reconnaissance photos, and after carefully studying the photo, he concluded: "I have no doubt at all, that this object is a ship. In my entire career, I have never seen an object like this on a stereo photo."
from: http://www.viewzone.com...
SebUK

Pro

First of all i am dissapointed that my opponenet didn't listen to the rules. Now I'm going to list the things i see make it impossible for Noah's ark story to be possibly true 1. since all the humans on board where of one race how did new races arise in 4000 thousand years? and 8 people is not enough genetic diversity 2.'"19The water prevailed more and more upon the earth, so that all the high mountains everywhere under the heavens were covered. 20The water prevailed fifteen cubits higher, and the mountains were covered. 21All flesh that moved on the earth perished, birds and cattle and beasts and every swarming thing that swarms upon the earth, and all mankind;"' So i assume you know Mount everest is the highest mountain in the world ? and since in the Bible it says that water was that high animals would either die because of Lack of Oxygen or because they froze to death 3. There would have to be 50 animals of each kind for there to be enough genetic diversity . there would be severe genetic defects 4. If there was only a few thousand pairs of kinds of animals why is there so many species right now estimates show there is roughly about 15 million species of animals so how did that happen in 4000 years 5.As the animals left the ark there was no plants and food therefore wouldn't the animals eat each other or just die out 6.There would be signs of migrations for example after leaving the ark the kangoro would travel to Australia and we found find fossils on the way 7.The Problem of Food and Water , i really dont need to explain much on this one for example 2 elephants would require 365,000 Ibs. Of Food and 36,500 gal. of water , the Girrafes are going to need 54,750 Ibs. of food , the hippos are gone need 65,700 Ibs. of food and the Lions 16,060 Ibs. of Meet and that meet is going to rott , what makes it even more incredible is that in Genesis 6:21 it says 'You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them." . 8.Most Sea Life would die , Because there would be Changing Water temperature , pressue , salt&fresh water mixing = fish die 'There have been countless "flood" stories in numerous cultures that don't even have contact with each other at that the time that all depict nearly the same events so something global involving a flood and an ark may have been involved.' this is a logical fallacy just because someone belives in something that doesn't make it any more true this goes the same with stories if one culture has a story about a great flood i don't see what stops another culture from having a similar one . 'In 1959, Turkish army captain Llhan Durupinar discovered an unusual shape while examining aerial photographs of his country. The smooth shape, larger than a football field, stood out from the rough and rocky terrain at an altitude of 6,300 feet near the Turkish border with Iran.' Have you noticed that every few months, someone else finds Noah's Ark?
Well, here we go again. 'We now have another "successful Ark discovery," with the added filigree that there's a government coverup designed to prevent our finding out about it. This should be fun, yes? Religious whackjobbery + conspiracy theories = WHEEEEEEE!!!!!' all the viewers and my opponent i suggest you read http://skeptophilia.blogspot.co.uk... this article explains it better than i could. 'Capt. Durupinar was familiar with the biblical accounts of the Ark and its association with Mount Ararat in Turkey, but he was reluctant to jump to any conclusions. The region was very remote, yet it was inhabited with small villages. No previous reports of an object this odd had been made before. So he forwarded the photographic negative to a famous aerial photography expert named Dr. Brandenburger, at Ohio State University.'

Brandenburger was responsible for discovering the Cuban missile bases during the Kennedy era from reconnaissance photos, and after carefully studying the photo, he concluded: "I have no doubt at all, that this object is a ship. In my entire career, I have never seen an object like this on a stereo photo." In 1960 the picture was published in LIFE magazine under the heading of Noahs Ark? That same year a group of Americans accompanied Capt. Durupinar to the site for a day and a half. They were expecting to find artifacts on the surface or something that would be unquestionably related to a ship of some kind. They did some digging in the area but found nothing conclusive and announced to the anxiously waiting world that it appeared to be a natural formation.

Most of the global media turned away from the find and it became a non-story I await my opponents respone
qwertyytrewq01943

Con

qwertyytrewq01943 forfeited this round.
SebUK

Pro

Unfortunatly my opponent fortified the round , i extent my arguments
qwertyytrewq01943

Con

qwertyytrewq01943 forfeited this round.
SebUK

Pro

I extend my arguments and urge everyone to vote Pro
qwertyytrewq01943

Con

qwertyytrewq01943 forfeited this round.
SebUK

Pro

I further extend my arguments
qwertyytrewq01943

Con

qwertyytrewq01943 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by TH3Antag0nist 2 years ago
TH3Antag0nist
SebUKqwertyytrewq01943Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited too much.