Noah's Ark is scientifically impossible
Debate Rounds (5)
1) BoP is on you
2) Start your argument in Round 1
3) Cite your sources
4) Forfeiting gives the opponent all 7 points
5) No trolling or semantics
1) Noah had a week of warning before the flood happened.
That means he could not do the following:
-Collect several million animals on all 7 continents, some of which hadn't even been discovered
-Collect enough food to keep several million animals alive for a year.
-Pump enough water onto a boat for millions of animals
-Build a huge wooden boat with no tools, no shipyard, no metal, and with no one who knows how to build boats
Amount of species: https://www.sciencedaily.com...
2) Once he got all the animals, Noah and his family could not:
-Keep all the animals from killing each other. The lions would eat the gazelles
-Load 18 million animals plus onto the ark
-Keep the food from spoiling
-Not get mauled himself
3) The actual ark is impossible. There was a boat called the Wyoming, built in the 1800s by expirenced shipbuilders in a shipyard, in a much longer time then a week, with metal supports, and it was much smaller then the ark, and it didn't have several million tons on it, and you know what happened to it? It cracked because it was too big. So there is no way the ark would not of sunk in the worst storm ever. Not to mention, the Wyoming had pumps and it still sunk. Plus, there are so many individual specifications for the animals. Like bars spaced the right distance apart for horned creatures, and the right type of flooring for hooved animals. And of course, the ark is not big enough. It is 450*75*45 feet, which simply isn't big enough. There are many other problems with actually building the ark. Like how the wood from early parts of the ship would rot during the building of the later process. Or how the wood would have to be cured, which takes several years.
4) Life on the ark
There is so much impossible with life on the ark. Such as:
-The methane gas created would suffocate the animals
-The animals would need specialized medical treatment, which would not be provided
-Where would all the waste go?
-How would the food not spoil?
-How would the food and water be delivered
-What of the animals got sick and died?
-Wouldn't Noah and his family for from carrying parasites to keep them alive? Ebola is quite deadly
-The sea creatures would of died from temperature and salinity changes
-The Egyptians were building the pyramids during this. Obviously, that is impossible
5) The Water
Where did all the water come from and where did it go? Plus, the pressure from it would fry the Ark
6) After the Ark
There are so many impossibilities with life after the Ark. For example, the herbivores would die as there isn't any food. The carnivores would eat other animals, causing that whole spieces to go extinct. Plus, animals in the populations of under 50 typically go extinct. So most animals would of died.
So obviously, the Ark is impossible. There also would be tons of evidence of a 29000 mile flood that covered the entire Earth. Why isn't there any? So please disbute this and provide proof this happened.
The water could not of came up from the ground. First off, where is the proof? Secondly, the pressure from that would destroy the Ark.
Also, please respond to the rest of my arguments.
So 2 things. 1, sources please. 2, respond to my points too.
You have the BoP. You need to provide evidence for your claim, and you need to provide links for your claims. Good luck!
Americaspearjade forfeited this round.
Americaspearjade forfeited this round.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by SkepticalAtheist 5 months ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||7||0|
Reasons for voting decision: The Con forfeited, My vote has to go Pro regardless
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.