benshine7
moeloreo

Nobody Can Determines Someone's Sexuality.

benshine7

Pro

I believe that no one can determines someone's real sexuality because sexuality is just unique. Sexuality is not about black and white. Let say for example,somebody who got same-sex experience probably they are still claimed themselves as straight because they just do experience or curious. It doesn't mean you are truly gay or lesbian because you don't have any chemistry while you did it. In my conclusion, sexuality is a personal thing that only known personally. So i think people must be careful when they judge somebodies as "Gay" or "Lesbian" because what they had done.
moeloreo

Con

I don't really understand your argument. are you saying that sexuality just can't be as easily defined as race? If so, you kind of can. You can be straight, meaning you are attracted to the opposite sex, gay, meaning you are attracted to the same sex, bisexual, meaning you're attracted to both sexes, or gender fluid, basically meaning other. could you please clarify your position?
benshine7

Pro

I used 'black and white" term doesn't mean i talk about RACE.

Let's make it clear,

If you read about the Kinsey Scale, u will know that sexuality is so variative. Let say we use a sliding scale analogy,when white area define as "totally straight" and black area as "totally homosexual". How about the other areas?These areas are so variative. Someone's can be defined as straight but have interest to get same sex experience. They loves to have same-sex experience because their curiousity.Eventhough, at the end they're not really attracted to get further relationship with their same-sex partner.They tend to feel comfort with opposite sex. That's my point. When somebodies judge someone else's sexuality they must be think twice to define it. We don't really know their 'real' sexuality. Only themselves that really know exactly who they are (straight,bi-sexual,gay,lesbian,asexual,etc).

So i'd clarified my position as "pro". Nobody Can Determines Someone's Sexuality.Thank you.

-benshine7-
moeloreo

Con

moeloreo forfeited this round.
benshine7

Pro

Sexuality is not "Black and White". It is more like sliding scale. The sexual behavior, thoughts and feelings towards the same or opposite sex of the people are not always consistent across time. That's why nobody can determines someone's sexuality.

You can prove it here:
http://www.kinseyinstitute.org...

-benshine7-
moeloreo

Con

moeloreo forfeited this round.
Posted by benshine7 2 years ago
benshine7
@cathaystewie thanks for your comment. I should agree that "Sexuality isn't merely a simple matter of black and white." can make it clear about my "Black and White" idiom relating to my argument (that's what i mean exactly). Thank you :)
Posted by cathaystewie 2 years ago
cathaystewie
@benshine7 I will say that the "black and white" idiom didn't exactly come off as clear and apparent to me. Another way of wording it could've been:

"Sexuality isn't merely a simple matter of black and white."

@Preston People who sexually experiment outside of their sexuality domain (i.e. heterosexuals engaging in same-sex intercourse) aren't bisexuals as per your misinterpretation. Bisexuals are people that are romantically and sexually attracted to both members of both genders, while the demographic that you guys were debating about consists of people who engage in sexual activity that does not align with their sexuality not because they are attracted to their partner on any level but because they are aroused by the sexual act itself. Thus, it is plausible for people who regularly engage in same-sex intercourse to claim that they are straight.

Refer to this Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org...
Posted by benshine7 2 years ago
benshine7
Dear Preston,

I appreciate your comment about my statement.

But, in my conclusion seems u not read my statement carefully. You just not read carefully (what a shame..i really disapointed for this). I wasn't even told about RACE..haha.

The term "black and white" that i used is just idiom of the "sexuality" (Please READ MORE about Kinsey Scale). My analogy is sexuality is like sliding scale,for example like black&white describing "sexual preference" when white is totally straight & black is totally "homosexual".That's why sexuality is so unique,Nobody can determine someone's gay or lesbian or even straight.

Second,i'm not talking about bi-sexual as my example.It refers to the fact that someone's who got same-sex experience that still determine themselves as straight because they just wanna have experience.

Third,my conclusion is about to not judge someone's sexuality too fast. Bcause we're not really know their real sexuality.

I hope my argument make all the things gettin clear for u..

*Please READ carefully before giving comment.Thank you.

-benshine7-
Posted by Preston 2 years ago
Preston
this is so bad!!

I believe that no one can determines someone's real sexuality because sexuality is just unique. Sexuality is not about black and white.

Race? WTF??

Let say for example,somebody who got same-sex experience probably they are still claimed themselves as straight because they just do experience or curious. It doesn't mean you are truly gay or lesbian because you don't have any chemistry while you did it.

You literally are describing someone who is Bi-sexual, participating in both because they like both or are unsure.

In my conclusion, sexuality is a personal thing that only known personally. So i think people must be careful when they judge somebodies as "Gay" or "Lesbian" because what they had done.

what does this have to do with the resolution?
Posted by cottrill 2 years ago
cottrill
When you make the statement "Nobody can determine someone's sexuality" do you mean literally nobody, including the individual, or do you mean nobody can define someone else's sexuality?
Posted by Kryptic 2 years ago
Kryptic
"It doesn't mean you are truly gay or lesbian because you don't have any chemistry while you did it."
Posted by benshine7 2 years ago
benshine7
Dear Kryptic,
I still don't get it which part of my argument that you called as 'not specific'?Please tell me clearly..thank you ;)
Posted by Kryptic 2 years ago
Kryptic
i would argue that it is nature / nurture, the way you have made your argument is not specific and could go anywhere you wanted. being so vague, no one is actually right, and no one is wrong