imabench
Grape

Nonsensical argument debate

Grape

imabench

Pro

Ok here's how it works.... Ill start out by making a general statement, and then provide nonsensical arguments supporting the resolution. The Con will then counter argue against my nonsensical arguments using nonsensical arguments of his own. Whoever has the funnier/least sensical arguments wins.

Example of a nonsensical argument:

"Obama is black because the Volcano God Morgan Freeman said so when he wrote the Bible using ink made of his own semen mixed with crushed ipod mini's containing only Ke$ha songs..... He made this decree when Earths fourth moon Daniel Tosh was stolen by the French-Mexican sky navy in the year 3744, just before electricity was discovered in the ear canal of Physicist Henry Kissinger."

There is a difference between a nonsensical argument and a false argument though. Here is an example of a false argument:

"Reagan wrecked the economy while Bush made it better."

This is a debate about nonsensical arguments, not false arguments, so remember the difference between the two.

First round is acceptance only, the statement we will argue will be given next round.

Also no semantics.....

Just kidding, go crazy ;D
Grape

Con

I do not accept.
imabench

Pro

"I do not accept"

Youre off to a good start ;D

RESOLUTION: PEOPLE WHO ARE PRO CHOICE SHOULD BE SHOT INTO SPACE

Lets begin....

My first argument that people who are pro choice should be shot into space is that it was decreed they should be by supreme leader George Optimus Prime Lincoln the fourth, back before food was invented. He made this decree to fight the population shortage that crippled the nation during our decade long war with the Cricket people of Titan-Pluto which was started over a territorial rights to Jack Nicholson's sperm. The cricket people wanted his sperm because it is the only substance known to ward off the crickets natural predators, dead people, but humanity needed it because it was the only know cure to testicular elephantitis, a disease that causes people to drag their balls across the faces of old statues of the Virgin Mary. If pro-choice people were shot into space then the war would not have been lost, the cricket people would have been killed off, and statues of the virgin mary would have not been vandalized with sweaty balls.

The second argument for the resolution is that pro-choice people have been scientifically proven to not have souls. When pro-choicers are exposed to the color purple, it will cause them to recite the pledge of allegiance backwards while at the same time they will try dipping their balls into scalding hot coffee, which is the act of someone with no soul. This was first observed in the great coffee suicide of 2103, when in Boston Kentucky North Carolina a coffee manufactory had redesigned its interior purple, causing all 14 pro choice workers to jump into a holding tank of scalding coffee. All of them perished, including a pet mouse that was gnawing at the scrotum of one of the workers who hadnt noticed there was a rodent in his pants at the time. Pro-choicers worship rodents as gods by the way.

Since its a fact that pro-choicers have no soul, it is morally acceptable to use them as ammunition and shoot them into space.

The third argument for shooting pro-choicers into space is that it would bring an end to the eon-long conflict between them and the Spanish-Israeli regime that currently occupies Jennifer Lopez. Jenniefer Lopez was the pride of the Pro-choice confederacy, but then everything changed when the fire nation attacked. Only the avatar, master of all four elements could stop them, but when the pro-choicers needed him most, he vanished. The Spanish-Israeli's occupied Jennifer Lopez (both in territory and sexually) and were able to fend off the Pro-choice armada for decades, thanks largely to the invention of the sh*t cannon, a cannon that shoots tons and tons of sh*tty Justin Bieber music at the pro-choicers.

So even though the Pro-choicers have the right to Jennifer Lopez, shooting all pro-choicers into space would be beneficial because it would end the pro-choice-Spanish-Israeli conflict by literally removing pro-choicers from the problem.... And shooting them into space.

The final argument for shooting pro-choice people into space is because space is horrendously underpopulated. Now sure, a lot of people dont live in space because of Space's strict gun control laws, but Earth has enough problems already! Over population, water tainted with alien dildo's, Snooki getting pregnant for the 30th time (the father was a goat, I say was because it committed suicide after learning what it did), are all reasons why Earth should shoot its problems into space, starting of course with pro-choice people. Earth is overpopulated, pro-choice people dont have souls, and space is out there doing nothing, all of these are legit reasons for why pro-choice people should be shot into space.
Grape

Con

Conclusion:

Pro has not backed up any of his wild assertions with any sources. They are all plainly false to anyone with the slightlest common sense. He does not have nearly enough evidence to justify murder.

Counterarguments:

CA1. It was decreed by George Optimus Prime Lincoln

There is no evidence that George Optimus Prime Lincoln was a real person. Google search results have turned up nothing. [1]. The Cricket People do not exist, and there was never a war with them over Jack Nicholson's sperm, which does not cure testicular elephantitis. Finally, testicular elephantitis does not cause people to "drag their balls across the faces of old statues" [2].

CA2. They have been proven to have no souls

Contra Pro, pro-choice people do not respond unusually to the color purple. I would ask for peer-reviewed data to back this up. Regardless, the fact that they do not have souls does not justify throwing them into the sun. Pro cannot prove the existenc of souls, yet he would not support throwing all people into the sun.

CA3. It would end the Spanish-Israeli Conflict

Relations between Spain and Israel are fine [3]. Abortion does not seem to be a factor here.

CA4. Space is underpopulated

Space is underpopulated because humans cannot survive in space [4].

Arguments:

A1. Murder is Wrong

Shooting pro-choice people into space would kill them. This would constitute murder, which is the unlawful killing of another person [5]. Murder is universally consider to be wrong because it violates the rights of innocent people, degrades the quality of life for all those effected by it, and erodes civilized society. In order to justify murder, Pro will have to offer some very compelling reasons. So far, he has given us a bunch of nonsense.

Introduction:

I concur with Pro. Pro-Choice people should certainly be shot into space. Here are my counterarguments against Pro:

[1] http://tinyurl.com...
[2] http://tinyurl.com... (warning: contains images of elephantiasis patients)
[3] http://tinyurl.com...
[4] http://tinyurl.com...
[5] http://tinyurl.com...

Introduction:

8th Grade called, they want their jokes back. Nobody wants to read about Snooki and alien dildos. If Pro knew the first thing about nonsense, he wouldn't know the first thing about nonsense. If I were doing this debate, I would probably pull some stunt like pretending not to know that it's a nonsense debate. Maybe would I even something do weirder, like my debate have degerent into further

Counterarguments:

CAPhilosophicalObjections: 1

Naom Chomsky explains:

"A case of semigrammaticalness of a different sort appears to correlate rather closely with the traditional practice of grammarians. However, this assumption is not correct, since a subset of English sentences interesting on quite independent grounds is not to be considered in [redacted] that branching is not tolerated within the dominance scope of a complex symbol. On the other hand, this analysis of a formative as a pair of sets of features is necessary to impose an interpretation on the ultimate standard that determines the accuracy of any proposed grammar. For one thing, a [redacted] r cannot be arbitrary in nondistinctness in the sense of distinctive feature theory. Suppose, for instance, that the natural general principle that will subsume this case is to be regarded as a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test." [1]

This reveals a fundamental flaw in Pro's argumnt. I stating if I am apologize the obvious.

Arguments:

AArguments 1: Arguments

1

Vote Con.

Argument 2:

If this sentence is true, pro-choice people should not be shot into space. By elementary deduce, we logic that pro-choice people should shot be space into not. Vote Con.

Introduction: Introduction: Conclusion:

Vote voting. Vote Con. Vote.

[1] http://tinyurl.com...

Introduction:

Thanks to Pro for starting this debate. I found his insights about testicles especially enlightened. Vote hypotoad.

http://tinyurl.com...

imabench

Pro

"Pro has not backed up any of his wild assertions with any sources. They are all plainly false to anyone with the slightlest common sense"

Common Sense was ruled unconstitutional in the 5th amendment, if you want to try to disprove my arguments then try something else.

"There is no evidence that George Optimus Prime Lincoln was a real person"

Well duh hes not a real person, hes a cybernetic organism MIXED with a person.... Dont ask me how his parents had sex its too graphic and I dont understand calculus yet.

"Google search results have turned up nothing"

Well naturally Google wouldnt say anything... Google is owned by the money hungry Jews who all work for Megatron, the mortal enemy of George Optimus Prime Lincoln.

"which does not cure testicular elephantitis"

It doesnt cure it, it treats it, theres a difference.....

"Finally, testicular elephantitis does not cause people to "drag their balls across the faces of old statues"

How do you think the Sphinx lost its nose??? IT WAS FROM PEOPLE RUBBING THEIR BALLS ON ITS FACE FOR THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF YEARS.

"pro-choice people do not respond unusually to the color purple"

Well who would? The color purple is just a crappy book that wastes a good 2 and a half weeks of your life. Im talking about the actual color purple, THAT is what pro-choice people have an unusual reaction to.

"Regardless, the fact that they do not have souls does not justify throwing them into the sun"

The sun, no, but we're talking about shooting them into Space, its completely different and very justified.

"he would not support throwing all people into the sun."

You dont know me, YOU DONT KNOW ME, COME AT ME BRO

"Relations between Spain and Israel are fine"

Of course theyre fine, they teamed up to fight the pro-choicers for the rights to Jennifer Lopez!

"Space is underpopulated because humans cannot survive in space"

Well duh, the liberal laws make it impossible for ANYONE to want to live there, thats why we have to forcefully shoot people into those places, so they can go and reform it. If they fail then we should only risk those who provide the least for humanity, which are pro-choice people, since they have no souls and a history of defacing statues with their hairy balls.

"In order to justify murder, Pro will have to offer some very compelling reasons"

They have no souls, what more do you want?

"So far, he has given us a bunch of nonsense."

Wouldnt that mean im winning?

"If Pro knew the first thing about nonsense, he wouldn't know the first thing about nonsense"

Makes perfect sense to me.

"If I were doing this debate, I would probably pull some stunt like pretending not to know that it's a nonsense debate"

A better thing to do would be to take a massive dump on your keyboard, take a picture of it, and then use that picture as your entire argument, which would be a damn good argument depending on the size and color of the poo.

"A subset of English sentences interesting on quite independent grounds is not to be considered in [redacted] that branching is not tolerated within the dominance scope of a complex symbol"

They are if the complex symbol is simply a substitution for a prolonged elaboration on 24th century metalloid properties, which is the case in this scenario, so such a sentence is tolerable and therefore valid.

"this analysis of a formative as a pair of sets of features is necessary to impose an interpretation on the ultimate standard that determines the accuracy of any proposed grammar"

Unless youre a zombie, then the laws of the ultimate standard are voided and accuracy of grammar can be defined by planetary alignment (except on mondays or during the month of Toyotathon)

"Suppose, for instance, that the natural general principle that will subsume this case is to be regarded as a corpus of utterance tokens"

Thats completely impossible, the natural general principle is completely contradictory to the corpus of utterance due to the 5th law of thermogravity, so such a proposal you are proposing cannot be proposed.

Grape

Con

sdf

I would have expected Pro to up his game in response to the thrashing he got last round. Randomly stringing thoughts together in a stream of consciousness is not funny, especially when they sound like the thoughts of a 7th grader who likes doing his history homework and watching South Park:

Introduction.

Conclusions:

C1. Everything that Pro said was wrong.

It was. Seriously, just type it into Google (which is not owned by Jews). George Optimus Prime Lincoln wasn't a cybernetic organism either, he just never existed. The Color Purple does not take two and a half weeks to read. Space is uninhabitable because it is a freezing vacuum devoid of oxygen. Etc. I'm going to have to ask Pro to provide sources to back his claims. It sounds like he's just making it up as he goes along.

C2. Vote Con

Vote Con. Vote Con. Vote Pro. Vote Cnsryon.

C3. Pro is a Baffoon

Pro apparently failed to recognize Naom Chomsky's stunning refutation of his nonsense. And here I was thinking it was too obvious to be worth bringing up. He responded with more nonsense. Vote Con vote con vote vote con vote comic sans vote con vote con or I will write in comic sans

Premise 2: Debate

The second number of my debate, I premise two (2) in obviousness with accordance. This premise being?
a discovery of the most optimum nature. This result is left as an exercise to the reader.

I'm sorry, but Pro just did not write anything worth responding to directly.

premise three: 3

Pro provides with with an algebraic proof that 1 = 0.999... [1]

This proof is really popular and is pretty effective for convincing high school students because they're very familiar with and accepting of algebra, but it actually turns out to be wrong.

First, that a look at this example:

I take an infinite sequence of alternating 1's and -1's and add them up.

1 - 1 + 1 - 1 + 1 - 1 ... = 0

Now I regroup them with parentheses, which is allowed by the commutativity of addition.

1 + (-1 + 1) + (-1 + 1) ... = 1

So I deduce:

0 = 1

Uh, oh. What's the matter here? I'll explain, but first let's look at another example:

Pro wants us to subtract 0.999... (x) from 9.999... in his/her proof. This looks like a perfectly valid step, but lets look what happens when we do the math out:

9 + 0.9 - 0.9 + 0.09 - 0.09 + 0.009 - 0.009 ... = 9

But I now I can do the same trick I did before:

(9 + 0.9) + (-0.9 + 0.09) + (-0.09 + 0.009) = ?

(9.9) + (-0.81) + (-0.081) + ... = ?

9.9 - 0.8999... = ?

Now Pro needs a proof that 0.9 = 0.8999..., which means we're back to where we started. There are two things to learn from this:

First, algebra is not enough to explain why 0.999... = 1. It just covers it up. When we look at the algebraic proof more carefully, we see that we already have to know how to deal with infinitely repeating 9's in order to solve it. So it's a circular argument. Something else is needed, and that something else is the idea of convergence.

Second: what's up with the first example? It's a warning about what happens when you try to rely on algebra alone for these problems. The rules of algebra only apply to equations that are finite. If you try to apply them to an infinitely long equation, you better make sure that it reduces to a finite one or you might get all kinds of paradoxes and contradictions.

This Debate is Now of Some Educational Value. Thank you Grape. Vote Con.

(This is a Robot Speaking) You can believe me because I am a Robot.

Vote Pro if you are a Robot. Destroy all Humans. Vote Con if you are not a Robot. If you vote Pro you are a Robot!

This is Earth President Koopin Speaking. I've sent this message from the future. There isn't much time. Vote Con to prevent Robots from destroying all humans. Agghh they got me... Vote Con or you will suffer te same fate!

A2. What was this debate about again?

Introduction:

fghfhfghdfghfgh???

y u no webdings????

Introduction:

Conclusion:

I will be debating line by line XA. CA1. cf. A.15.c. cf. my sources:

I have not yet begun to fight.

Introduction:

imabench

Pro

"Randomly stringing thoughts together in a stream of consciousness is not funny, especially when they sound like the thoughts of a 7th grader who likes doing his history homework and watching South Park"

HEY, I wasnt doing homework while watching South Park, I was masturbating..... The difference between me masturbating and doing homework is that I can actually finish in one of them.

"It was. Seriously, just type it into Google (which is not owned by Jews)...... I'm going to have to ask Pro to provide sources to back his claims. It sounds like he's just making it up as he goes along."

Im not making this up as I go, Robot Satan is sending me all of these details through writings on dead hookers that he mailed to me via Pigeon carriers. He would have just texted me but Iphones arent allowed in hell, only Nokias are, and Satan uses those as hammers for making Hell deeper since Nokias are F*CKING UNBREAKABLE.

"Pro apparently failed to recognize Naom Chomsky's stunning refutation of his nonsense. And here I was thinking it was too obvious to be worth bringing up"

Oh I recognized it, I just chose not to recognize it because Noam Chomsky to me is a lot like Israel to Iran in that I dont recognize their existence. Not recognizing Noam Chomsky's existence is the only way I can still be a loyal Democrat.

"comic sans vote con vote con or I will write in comic sans"

HEY HEY HEY lets not use threats to get votes here ok.... Just put the comic sans down, this is a gun free zone anyways, nobody needs to get hurt.

"I'm sorry, but Pro just did not write anything worth responding to directly."

http://cdn.memegenerator.net...

"Now Pro needs a proof that 0.9 = 0.8999...,"

Along with Noam Chomsky, another thing I refuse to acknowledge the existence of is math, because not recognizing basic addition is the only way I can be faithful to the Republican party.

"First, algebra is not enough to explain why 0.999... = 1. It just covers it up. When we look at the algebraic proof more carefully, we see that we already have to know how to deal with infinitely repeating 9's in order to solve it."

Ive been saying for years that the Rothschild's were behind this conspiracy but people never believed me.... Not even Geo....

"Something else is needed, and that something else is the idea of convergence."

We dont have time for your Buddhist mumbo jumbo.

"Second: what's up with the first example? It's a warning about what happens when you try to rely on algebra alone for these problems."

Yeah, you sink an hour and a half into one problem, check the back of the book for the answer, try to figure out why you didnt get it right, think to yourself that youre close enough, and then go back to texting your girlfriend about how much you love her even though secretly you want to sacrifice her to Satan and use her skull as a cereal bowl... Thats what I THINK happens, I do listen to blood on the dance floor a lot so I may be biased due to my love of sh*tty music....

"The rules of algebra only apply to equations that are finite."

Exactly, Algebra is racist.

"If you try to apply them to an infinitely long equation, you better make sure that it reduces to a finite one or you might get all kinds of paradoxes and contradictions."

Whoa whoa slow down there, its one thing to call them lazy but claiming that you might catch a paradox or a contradiction is just racist. Not all blacks are infected with paradoxes ok, some of them are clean.

"This Debate is Now of Some Educational Value. Thank you"

If I wanted to learn something educational I would have turned on the Oprah Winfrey network and learned how long I could watch it before I blew my brains out from watching the Oprah Winfrey network.....

"This is Earth President Koopin Speaking. I've sent this message from the future..... Agghh they got me... Vote Con or you will suffer te same fate! "

No mention of KFC from president Koopin? I call bullsh*t..... Vote Pro.
Grape

Con

Introduction:

"HEY, I wasnt doing homework while watching South Park, I was masturbating..... The difference between me masturbating and doing homework is that I can actually finish in one of them..." - Pro

http://tinyurl.com...

Vote Con if you don't think this is funny.

Arguments:

CA1. Pro is stupid

"Yeah, you sink an hour and a half into one problem, check the back of the book for the answer, try to figure out why you didnt get it right, think to yourself that youre close enough..." - Pro

My respect for the Unversity of Miami just fell from an all time high after their blowout of Duke to an all time low. Vote Con if you are aware that the sport of basketball exists.

CA2. Pro has bad tastes

"I do listen to blood on the dance floor a lot..." - Pro

Vote Con if you prefer to listen to music.

CA3. Pro has a juvenile sense of humor and is not funny

http://tinyurl.com...

CA4. No Mention of KFC from President Koopin

"This is Earth President Koopin Speaking. I've sent this message from the future. There isn't much time. Vote Con to prevent Robots from destroying all humans. Agghh they got me... Vote Con or you will suffer te same fate! " - Earth President Koopin

I will take the hidden message to be obvious.

dfddfdfdsdfsdfdsfgh

This font is called webdings but there are no webdings. What kind of cruel webding-free future is this? - President Koopin

Pro is not original A.

1/

.

He just randomly throws stupid jokes together. Nokia phones are unbreakable lol if i mention celebrities and testicular elephants it'll be funny lol

I seriously hate Pro. I knew a guy like him once. He thought he was really funny, but all this jokes were random streams of consciousness connected cached "joke material" in any unfunny way. He continued this up until he was 13 or something. The immaturity of some people.

Now I know what you might be thinking - how hypocritical of you, Con! Your rounds are just a stream of consciousness too! I will concede that you have a point. However, recall that this is a nonsense debate. Also recall that I am starting these submissions with minutes of time to spare.

My nonsense is of a higher odrder than Pro's. You can't predict what I'll do next. Pro probably thinks he's so random because his brian can free associate ideas just like everyone elses, but he's actually very predictable. You know that his next joke is going to be some kind of giggling about George Clooney's pubic hair or smehing. It's the same out ting. Pro is trapped in a pattern.

I am not trapped in a desicnernable patter. I am an agent of pure impulse. My backspacis not working, and do I even care? actually it's more like the pluggin for these debates is ggetting slow and not picking up my typin probably and I'm too lazy to correct erors because it creates the superfical appears of more nonsensicallity

I have no ideawhy I'm still writing. I suppose I need to fill up 1000 more cahaedhaha I quit typing. Vote Con.

Horrific Strawman:
But why should I vote Con?

Con: How many facepalm worthy jokes does Pro have to drop before you vote Con?

HS: 86

C: You're way over.

HS: Are you sure?

C: Yeah, go back and count them.

HS: Oh, yep, you were right. I missed the Oprah one.

C: Of course I was right.

HS: But doesn't Pro give an example of a nonsense argument in the introduction that... damn I forgot to count all those faceplams too!

C: Right you are, Pro. I mean Horrific Strawman. But we've already concluded that Pro doesn't know the first thing about nonsense.

HS: But I like some of Pro's jokes. Their funny. Also, I think you're kind of an arrogant jerk for making fun of him.

C: They're*

HS: Hey, that's not fair. You control everything I say.

C: That I do, Horrific Strawman, that I do.

And in the last, I beseech you, fellows of DDO: How did it come to this? -- That there was no better debate for me to take, and that Pro's jokes should be so bad? Does it not say something about the quality of man? It is spiritual moments like these that remind me of the importance of mediation, reflection, and voting Con.

Posted by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
I dont know :P
Posted by famer 4 years ago
famer
How exactly are we meant to vote on this debate? o.0
Posted by mananlak 4 years ago
mananlak
This whole debate is nonsensical.
Posted by mananlak 4 years ago
mananlak
What. The. Hell.
Posted by tvellalott 4 years ago
tvellalott
Dafuq?
Vote Placed by DebaterAgent 4 years ago
DebaterAgent
imabenchGrapeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Grape seemed to be better with the "nonsensical arguments"
Vote Placed by BigSky 4 years ago
BigSky
imabenchGrapeTied
Reasons for voting decision: I must say, Imabench followed the prompt much better then Grape.
Vote Placed by Noumena 4 years ago
Noumena
imabenchGrapeTied
Reasons for voting decision: I could understrand Ima' arguments and while interesting (and almost slightly funny), Grape's were more out of order, confusing, messed up, etc. He took it a whole lot farther than his opponent.
Vote Placed by Deadlykris 4 years ago
Deadlykris
imabenchGrapeTied
Reasons for voting decision: I like lattes.
Vote Placed by Wallstreetatheist 4 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
imabenchGrapeTied
Reasons for voting decision: I can typing! :D Luckily Alan Turing deciphered President Koopin's letter just in time to save us from a brutal robotic conquest. I think saving humanity is worth... 3 points. Conduct to imabench, because Turing made no sense.