CAPLlock
Sahaj

North and South Korea who will win

Started: 11/12/2011 Category: Economics

CAPLlock

Pro

1 and 1 no Allies.
R1 is acc. comment if you have any ?'s.
Sahaj

Con

I accept. Will I be taking the side of North or South?
CAPLlock

Pro

South Korea
Active personnel

653,000
Reserve personnel

3,200,000

Navy

68,000 personnel
170 ships, 70 aircraft

Air force

760 aircraft.

North.

Active
1,106,000

Reserve
8,200,000

Navy

about 46,000. 3 frigates and 70 submarines: approximately 20 Romeo class submarines (1,800 tons), 40 Sang-O class submarines (300 tons) and 10 midget submarines including the Yono class submarine (130 tons).

Air Force
1,600 and 1,700 aircraft of different types, mostly of Soviet and Chinese origin

South Korea would win because of the lack of money in the North. Thus, The ground forces will not have the best weapons around. The Navy being smaller then the South. And the Air force. The Air force is jsut some old Chinese and Russian aircraft from the middle Cold War Era. The army also uses old weapons.
Con needs to see how low supplies are in the North. People are poor and the first chance they get,they get new leaders.
Sahaj

Con

Thank you for posting the figures for me. I agree that North Korea is very poor, and do you know why? Because half of it's money goes to it's army! You re wrong in saying they have old weapons and vehicles. Ty develop tanks that rival the American M1A2 Abrams, thought to be the best tank in the world. Their air force is made mostly of American planes like the famous F-16 and the McDonnell-Douglas Phantom. Their Army has American weaponry like the M1 Carbine, the M4A1 assault rifle and the M203 grenade launcher. They also use the cutting edge of technology, like the newly developed CornerShot from Israel. Their armory also consists of Chinese guns like the K-2 and K-3. So, as I have shown, North Korea has better equipment and vehicles, and also outnumbers South Korea.
CAPLlock

Pro

Thank you for posting the figures for me. I agree that North Korea is very poor, and do you know why? Because half of it's money goes to it's army!

If they get in a war with a country better well off, they dont have much money for the war, like the South has. The south can round up a better army then thhe North can.

You re wrong in saying they have old weapons and vehicles. Ty develop tanks that rival the American M1A2 Abrams, thought to be the best tank in the world. Their air force is made mostly of American planes like the famous F-16 and the McDonnell-Douglas Phantom.

Where did you hear this? Why would NORTH KOREA have AMERICAN weapons?

Their Army has American weaponry like the M1 Carbine, the M4A1 assault rifle and the M203 grenade launcher. They also use the cutting edge of technology, like the newly developed CornerShot from Israel. Their armory also consists of Chinese guns like the K-2 and K-3. So, as I have shown, North Korea has better equipment and vehicles, and also outnumbers South Korea.
I dont know where you are getting this. Sources please.

Please delay your debate for one day. Im busy.
Sahaj

Con

My source is Wikipedia. I agree that they don't have the resources to sustain a long war, but they could launch a swift decisive strike with NUCLEAR WEAPONS, which South Korea does not have. They could target the capital and the major military centres, then launch a ground attack, facing little resistance.
CAPLlock

Pro

North Korea isnt foolish. First, Why would they nuke a country thats RIGHT NEXT to them? Second, again they're not rich so if they get in a war with the South, they will not nuke wealthy cities.
Sahaj

Con

I forfeit this debate due to lack of time for me to post my arguments. I apologize to my opponent for this, and look forward to reopening this issue again.
CAPLlock

Pro

Con wants to finish this debate at a later time. Please do not vote intill the second part is finished.
Sahaj

Con

Sahaj forfeited this round.
Posted by Sahaj 5 years ago
Sahaj
It's all right, thx for clearing that up.
Posted by CAPLlock 5 years ago
CAPLlock
Im South. Sorry for not clearing that up
Posted by logicrules 5 years ago
logicrules
silly, neither NK or SK manufactures enough weapons.